PDA

View Full Version : Wind Damage tonight.

Tugmistress
20-Dec-08, 00:49
Thankfully i seem to be getting away with it, short of a few cable ties and lumps of breeze block that's all i need for repairs from what i can see right now after a quick check on the garden, goat and car (even though the car had been blown 10 yards or so down the lane and was bum into the fence lol)

but, please check your cars in wick, a lamp post is down on a car in macrae street also being told of damage at scrabster harbour though i don't know what.

Hope everyone is ok and nothing too drastic has happened, we can replace things but we can't replace health/life.

mums angels
20-Dec-08, 00:56
Yes hope everyone holds up ok and its only minor structual damage .

i've lost a few tiles ... last time i thought it was a few it turned out to be 38 so just hoping not as bad as that this time ... like said in another thread times like this thankful for insurance

will have to wait till tomorrow to assess any other damage .. shed etc :(

Gizmo
20-Dec-08, 01:11
I went out to the shed to check on the Rabbits and nearly ended somewhere up the yellow brick road :eek:

wifie
20-Dec-08, 01:18
I went out to the shed to check on the Rabbits and nearly ended somewhere up the yellow brick road :eek:

Make sure you have yer red shiny shoes on if you go out again Gizmo! :eek:

Tugmistress
20-Dec-08, 01:19

hehe i know that feeling! it took me about four attempts to even get to the garden gate when i noticed the truck had gone for a walk! and that weighs nearly 2 ton!

Stargazer
20-Dec-08, 01:26
Our chimney ballon is on its way to Norway and a tarpaulin I had weighed down with at least half a ton of logs was nearly following it. Otherwise looking ok. Hopefully thats the worst over.

Bad Manners
20-Dec-08, 11:12
Well we awoke this morning to find our chimney pot in the middle of the garden considering it has been there a long time and the strength of the wind I think we got of quite light.

mums angels
20-Dec-08, 11:37
after full assesement this morning i seem to have five missing tiles ( and one piece landed under the wheel of my car so that was a lucky miss) and two loose plastic verge tiles , so hopefully no more damage will be caused by tommorows weather , everything else seems to be fine thankfully

linkside
20-Dec-08, 11:58
We in Reay had a fun night (not) the electric was going off and on most of the evening then went off about 11pm and has just been reconnected. Well done to the engineers!!
Haven't been out as yet to check for other damage though.

unicorn
20-Dec-08, 12:22
I have not found any damage, next door have a chunk of coping about 2 foot from neighbours car (that was lucky) and I got 7 baby rabbits in all that wind :D

Ash
20-Dec-08, 13:00
our shed roof came off
its back on now

someone near me has a huge trampoline and its half in their garden and half in someone elses but its rather close to a window so it could have been more dangerous!

saffy100
20-Dec-08, 13:19
My greenhouse looks as if its been stepped on by a giant...!!!!! all crumpled....

Bradcon
20-Dec-08, 14:33
Everyting seems to be okay here too. No damage that I can see.

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-08, 14:35
My neighbors trampoline ended up in our tree! Ripped to shreds!! Noticed something flapping in the tree last night but could not see properly...looked like a black bag actually. Turned out to be their trampoline!! :eek:

bobbyjoeufb
20-Dec-08, 14:48
I have had a couple of fence panels smashed to bits, and am missing a few tiles from the roof.

Any on recommend a company who can replace the tiles, asap?

Tugmistress
20-Dec-08, 15:04
Well i have done my repairs, roof stayed in one piece thankfully, all i had to do was a couple of pieces on the fence and put the side back in the goat shed lol

stekar
20-Dec-08, 15:22
We lost one tile, a cast iron chair went for a walk around the garden, and the roof of the campervan ended up in the field next to us!

Scariest bit was watching the electric wires behind our house sparking! Looked like there were hazard flashers up there!

Oh, and the wind blew all the water out of the toilet...nice....

rainbow
20-Dec-08, 15:35
Lost two ridge tiles - they are back on now, thankfully they missed the conservatory when they came down. Wheely bin was at the other end of the garden last night so I went to rescue it and the wind caught it and I thought I broke my thumb, I then decide to leave it to its own devices but this morning it was wedged under a trailer - and empty (just as well there was only one small bag in it). I then really struggled to get into the house and had visions of me being stuck outside in a sheltered place in my pyjamas all night????

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-08, 18:01
Oh dear Rainbow! U broke yer thumb! Not very nice...

and if u were to get stuck outside in yer pyjamas then i hope u dont wear one-seies! :lol:

neepnipper
20-Dec-08, 18:16
I have had a couple of fence panels smashed to bits, and am missing a few tiles from the roof.

Any on recommend a company who can replace the tiles, asap?

Hi - sent you a pm about getting your tiles fixed.

rainbow
20-Dec-08, 18:36
Thanks for the concern Shelley Bain - I nearly broke my thumb - it is still sore, but just bruised. Will leave the wheelie bin to its own devices next time!!

hell raizer
20-Dec-08, 18:36
the wind took part of my fence down, one of my windows in my greenhouse was blown out, bird bath ended in the pond. thankfully i can't see any more damage :eek:

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-08, 18:42
Thanks for the concern Shelley Bain - I nearly broke my thumb - it is still sore, but just bruised. Will leave the wheelie bin to its own devices next time!!

Thats good that it is not broken! :) Them wheelie bins can be very troublesome cant they!

sadam
20-Dec-08, 23:48
Just thought I would let you know that I was up at the cemetery today and with all the wind last night it put all the flowers and wreaths everywhere.

DM07
21-Dec-08, 02:31
we were ok as I learnt my lessons last year!! However I did wake up to what I thought was yellow snow but it turned out to be insulation from the Watten Garage roof!!!

Dorrie
21-Dec-08, 03:46
After my previous post about enjoying power cuts, I am almost ashamed to say that we too had damage. :(
I was in the kitchen watching Emmerdale when there was a very strange noise behind me. I jumped up and turned but there was nothing to see (I knew there wouldn't be!) It sounded like a wheelie bin outside the kitchen window, but there is a field outside the kitchen window, so I didn't work out what it was until this morning when I got up! I went to the bathroom and saw that the rhone pipe was against the bathroom window! If it had been 1 and a 1/2 inches further down it would have gone through the window! :o

Ash
21-Dec-08, 09:15
Just thought I would let you know that I was up at the cemetery today and with all the wind last night it put all the flowers and wreaths everywhere.

well my dad will be busy on monday at work then.....

sweetpea
22-Dec-08, 00:35
My bins and various other garden implements have completely dissapeared over the course of today, it's been windy for hours:(

sandyr
23-Dec-08, 03:37
Hi,
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Caithness weather.
Here in Southern Ontario we have had approx 10 inches of snow with a wind of 20mph which makes the minus 15 degrees seem like minus 23! I really don't know which I hate most. I think likely the wind...At least the minus 20 is with dry streets and sidewalks.....no dampness at all..........But I know what Lybster Village is like with a good gale. You are afraid to stick your head out.....
Was in Southern Florida recently where the salt Atlantic Ocean was at 70 degrees with a 10mph breeze.....................now if we could have the best of all worlds..........but we live where we live, and take it the way it comes.....kinda funny....when I am here I would love to be in Caithness, and when in Caithness I would love being here........Strange poeple we are....or so says I........