PDA

View Full Version : Power Cut ???

Kodiak
19-Dec-08, 21:06
I am sitting and the lights are Flickering up and Down and was cut off the internet twice.

I am hoping that we will not have one but we just might have a Power cut the way the power is fluctuating at the moment.

Typical a Puff of wind and the Power goes all over the place, wish I had my own Generator like we did out at the Lighthouse.

ShelleyCowie
19-Dec-08, 21:07
I just had a few power cuts too and saw the whole street go out! I hate power cuts cos i always get a fright and without a doubt....i got a fright! :lol:

Katy
19-Dec-08, 21:14
I hate it when the power goes off too! No sign of ours flickering yet but have all the candles on around the house just in case save our 4yr old having a screaming match in the dark lol
Katy x

trix
19-Dec-08, 21:14
i hate power cuts too...but no as much as ma auld cheil :lol:

silverfox57
19-Dec-08, 21:20
i hate power cuts too...but no as much as ma auld cheil :lol:
aye yer auid cheil would take ill out if the power goes off:lol:

dirdyweeker
19-Dec-08, 21:23
My son is in Castletown at the moment and he has phoned to say no power, even the street lights are out. He was told there is power cuts in Thurso too? Lights are flickering in Wick (or at least mine are) so will we be powerless soon. Hope this does not affect those celebrating "mad Friday" or perhaps it will save a few hangovers.

trix
19-Dec-08, 21:25
aye yer auid cheil would take ill out if the power goes off:lol:

got til think aboot 'a money tho ;) (ma inheritance)

da be shy in fonin if yer power goes off....[lol]

Kodiak
19-Dec-08, 21:33
I have now got my LapTop charging so if we do get a Power cut we can get back on the internet via that and the Phone to our Back up Dial up Account. It might be slow but it is better than nothing when you need to save a fleet in ogame.

Ash
19-Dec-08, 21:44
our lights are flickering aswell... and the street lights went out
got the candles ready

half the roof came of my shed

ar1ling
19-Dec-08, 21:57
the lights were flickering in my house too, and i just switched off all the portable heaters, i thought all the heaters on caused the power problem. i will swith on them now, it is too cold without hearting.:(

sistevens
19-Dec-08, 21:57
Our lights are flickering in Groats too but at the moment we still have power !!! Normally we are the first to lose power too

ShelleyCowie
19-Dec-08, 22:00
Ok i just got another fright! :(

Went and made extra bottles up for my son and filled a big flask with hot water just incase!!

But funnily enuf i have a spade standin next to my shed and its...still standing! :lol: Trusty spade!! But the neighbours trampoline dont look safe! :~(

Does anyone know when this weather is meant to give up a bitty???

unicorn
19-Dec-08, 22:01
It should be fine now, I fished out the candles and when I do the power doesn't normally go off. :lol:[lol]

Fisherbigin
19-Dec-08, 22:03
Awa tae pit mair peits on eh fire,the lichts are oot:(

Tighsonas4
19-Dec-08, 23:00
Awa tae pit mair peits on eh fire,the lichts are oot:(
och e canna beat the auld peat fire anyway [lol] tony

Dorrie
19-Dec-08, 23:03
So far (touch wood) we are fine. No flickering - surprisingly and the power is still on. I love power cuts though. People learn to talk and make their own entertainment when the power goes off. :D

purplelady
20-Dec-08, 00:43
Mine was flickering earlier tonite but has stopped just now even though the wind has got worse took the dogs for a walk at just after 7 had a job to stay on me feel llol

Sapphire2803
20-Dec-08, 17:10
The lights were flickering a lot last night and we expected to lose power, but it didn't happen. We've got no power now though. It went off in Auckengill about half an hour ago and we've been told it'll be off for two or three hours :(

Sapphire2803
20-Dec-08, 18:19
It's back :D