PDA

View Full Version : mad friday

Dadie
19-Dec-08, 18:07
Do you love it or hate it?

Im just back after a mad friday party.....

We had a kids party instead with a bouncy castle and juice and cakes etc with tea and coffee for mums but going through Thurso to and from the party (it started at 12 and ended at 3) was hell!

Double even treble abandonment of cars ofloading passengers on the way to the party then on the way home people crossing the road haphazardly in a zigzag fashion in front of us not looking (or in 1 case def not knowing) where they are going.

Ash
19-Dec-08, 18:25
i hate it.... people in a mad rush everywhere... the coop today was chaotic with people buying drink.... was gonna take the wee one for lunch but places were packed......... i dont see the big deal

Gizmo
19-Dec-08, 18:51
Even when i was a drinker it was something i would avoid like the plague, i cannot stand being packed in a bar like sardines, it's just no fun at all.

dragonfly
19-Dec-08, 18:57
can't stand it, I become an evil short tempered don't care who I kick in the shins type of person and thats without drink, with drink I'm worse!!!!! :eek:

jings00
19-Dec-08, 19:13
haha, i'm the same Dragonfly, we go out together and we'd have our own space no bother :-)

starry
19-Dec-08, 20:59
Loved it all when I was younger but tonight I am happily sitting on the couch, big fire on, big glass of baileys by my side and Romeo and Juliet on Film Four at 9.

I have turned into my mother [disgust]

daviddd
19-Dec-08, 21:04
I agree with all that; rather be curled up at home. Anyway it seemed pretty quiet in Thurso when I left at 5.

Bobinovich
19-Dec-08, 21:13
LOL Leave it for the young 'uns! Have never really been bothered with it - I prefer NOT to wear my drink [disgust], and DO like to hear a conversation without continuously having to ask "Eh?" & "What?" :eek:

silverfox57
19-Dec-08, 21:26
it may be mad Friday but think it will be sad Saturday
for some..

ar1ling
19-Dec-08, 22:12
got your points, that right.it is much easier to talk to someone when they are sober.:D
LOL Leave it for the young 'uns! Have never really been bothered with it - I prefer NOT to wear my drink [disgust], and DO like to hear a conversation without continuously having to ask "Eh?" & "What?" :eek:

TBH
19-Dec-08, 22:14
I thought they had a mad Friday every week in Thurso?[lol]

ShelleyCowie
19-Dec-08, 22:20
I have only once been out for mad friday and i was home within an hour! Hated it! And am only 20! :lol: Would rather sit at home and play the xbox, watch some tv, mess around with kids etc etc! Wud defo not like to be out in a skimpy skirt and a top that looks like it would fit a 4 year old in this awful awful weather!

Oh dear i too seem to be turning into my mother!!! [lol]

Infact dont matter if it is mad friday or just any other friday i dont really like the constant being bumped into and people burning me with their fag when im walkin out the door!

Okay so i might now sound like my granny! :lol:

George Brims
20-Dec-08, 00:53
I thought they had a mad Friday every week in Thurso?[lol]
Isn't it every night?

TBH
20-Dec-08, 01:22
Isn't it every night?Shhh, George, be vewy, vewy qwuiet when you say that.
Dinna tell them that there is little point in having a yearly pee up when they have one every night already or at the very least twice weekly.

Skerries
20-Dec-08, 08:12
I drove through Thurso at 8pm on mad Friday once and that was enough to put me off for life. People were staggering in front of the car, falling down in the middle of the road, spewing everywhere, it was like something from a disaster movie. The following year, someone got into my husband's car and demanded to be driven to Springpark whether he was in a taxi or not. I would also avoid it if I was drinking as I also don't want to wait half an hour for a drink and be crushed in the process.

There's better fun to be had elsewhere! Gills, for instance :)

speedo215
20-Dec-08, 10:34
well i was out last night and can honnestly say it is the best mad friday ever and i've been on a few, i did not think it was overly busy and we even managed a game of bowls it was that good and i did not see too many people falling about when i left at 9 and i had had a good dram myself

tracy ann
21-Dec-08, 12:15
Well I had a great time on Friday - best mad friday in years - getting a bit of the old magic back!