PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favourite christmas song

balto
18-Dec-08, 22:48
After watching all these christmas songs on the tv at the moment, it got me thinking what everyones favourite xmas song is and why. mines has to be little drummer boy sung by bing crosby and david bowie, i think there voices was well suited and it is just generally a lovely christmas song.

young_fishin_neep
18-Dec-08, 22:50
i have two just cuz im greedy lol

i love last chrstmas by wham

and all i want for christmas is you by mariah carey

actually i have lots but ill stick to those two for now

xxxxxxxx

George Brims
18-Dec-08, 23:01
So this is Christmas, by John Lennon. Actually I don't think that's the title, but I'm sure you know the one I mean. I am sick of the standard ones. They have been playing them in the shops over here since October.

balto
18-Dec-08, 23:08
mind you out of the novelty ones it has to be christmas my **** by ricky thomlinson, so funny.

teenybash
19-Dec-08, 00:19
My fav is a real oldie...............Johnny Matheson, 'When a Child is Born' I love the words and melody....Makes me think of open fires, Christmas Trees all lit up and humanities hopes for a new tomorrow.:)

Aaldtimer
19-Dec-08, 03:35
My fav is a real oldie...............Johnny Matheson, 'When a Child is Born' I love the words and melody....Makes me think of open fires, Christmas Trees all lit up and humanities hopes for a new tomorrow.:)

I think you mean Johnny Mathis teenybash!;)

Which takes me back a wee bit further to "Mary's boy child " by Harry Belafonte.

And even to "The little boy that Santa Clause forgot" by Nat "King" Cole.:(

rockchick
19-Dec-08, 03:50
Mine has to be "o Holy Night" Beautiful when sung at midnight Mass

young_fishin_neep
19-Dec-08, 03:56
okay so i forgot one, the most important

i wish it could be christmas everyday

it a magical song

xxx

floyed
19-Dec-08, 09:55
So this is Christmas, by John Lennon. Actually I don't think that's the title, but I'm sure you know the one I mean. I am sick of the standard ones. They have been playing them in the shops over here since October.

I like this song to its really Christmassy:D

unicorn
19-Dec-08, 11:17
The Pogues, Fairytale in New york :D

Amy-Winehouse
19-Dec-08, 11:18
Wizard by a long way, I just saw it on MTV & thought to myself , if they made a video like that now , theyd be arrested for child abuse!!!

If you get the chance to see the video in its entirety watch the end... The bloke with the white beard looks a bit fed up with the kids on the set then right at the end boots one up the bum!![lol]

I know I shouldnt laugh but it seemed so funny, I bet the singer had a hangover that day- still a good xmas song though

justine
19-Dec-08, 12:14
Mine has to be "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues and Kirsty McCall. god rest her soul.

honey
19-Dec-08, 12:28
song - White Christmas
carol - Silent Night or Once In Royal Davids City

George Brims
20-Dec-08, 00:50
Here's a list of the ten *least* favourite holiday songs.
http://lateshow.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/video_player/index/php/973292.phtml
There's an advert at the beginning, but it's worth listening through that.

gardenergirl
20-Dec-08, 15:09
I like that one that starts 'snow is falling all around me, children playing having fun...'. Don't know the name of it, but it's fun to dance to!
Also like Fairytale in New York.

stekar
20-Dec-08, 15:25
Last Christmas by Wham. Loved the video for that too.

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-08, 18:57
Im with Unicorn on this! The Pogues for sure! The lyrics to the song are funny!! :)

unicorn
20-Dec-08, 18:59
They are funny when not being bleeped and edit by radio stations, all these years it has been played unadulterated but the last couple of years the song has become politically incorrect.......sheesh :roll:

unicorn
20-Dec-08, 19:02
I like that one that starts 'snow is falling all around me, children playing having fun...'. Don't know the name of it, but it's fun to dance to!
Also like Fairytale in New York.
Shakin Stevens Merry Christmas Everyone :D

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-08, 19:14
They are funny when not being bleeped and edit by radio stations, all these years it has been played unadulterated but the last couple of years the song has become politically incorrect.......sheesh :roll:

Grrr bleeping classics like that annoys me! Thats why i just listen to the CD! :D

Happy Rascal
20-Dec-08, 21:31
My favorite christmas song has to be Basshunter Jingle bells :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UGquX-SQtZA

Bobinovich
20-Dec-08, 23:00
Hmmm, there are quite a few but I do like Greg Lake's I Believe in Father Christmas (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FqOfXumI18A), and who could forget Jethro Tull's Solstice Bells (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=X_AeCk7MBqs) :D

Buttercup
20-Dec-08, 23:57
Favourite traditional carol has to be Silent Night.
Modern one has to be Fairytale of New York, but Happy Christmas (war is over) by John Lennon has sentimental value. :D

Miss Mack
24-Dec-08, 21:36
Cant believe no-ones mentioned SLADE or WIZARD! Really like Shakey too X.

weeboyagee
24-Dec-08, 21:55
I have loads and loads! Favourite carols are Hark the Herald and In the Bleak Midwinter. Favourite songs - Fairy Tale In New Yrok, O Holy Night and Hallelujah until whatsername murdered it in the last week - at least JLS were more reverend and didn't skite all over the place with an unchained liberty during the melody line! Apart from that there's this one and that one and the next one - and I have been listening to them all on the charts and on the hits shows on the tele whilst renovating and decorating the house! Legacy of the lodgers that moved out this year!

WBG :cool:

miranda
25-Dec-08, 18:54
My favorite christmas song has to be Basshunter Jingle bells :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UGquX-SQtZA
yup lovin that iffanow but fav is fairy tale of new york

oldmarine
26-Dec-08, 04:30
Silent Night and White Christmas has long been my favorites.

SNOWDOG
27-Dec-08, 04:33

WHOOAA! Your showin your age there petal!! ;):lol:

sweetpea
29-Dec-08, 01:22
Has to be Santa baby by the late, great Eartha Kitt.

Fran
29-Dec-08, 04:35
I love the Phil Spector Christmas songs/

George Brims
29-Dec-08, 08:55
Can't believe you were crass enough to mention Slade or Wizzard. Yuk.

Kodiak
29-Dec-08, 15:01
Can't believe you were crass enough to mention Slade or Wizzard. Yuk.

I Agree with Miss Mack, Dr Roy Wood sang the best Christmas EVER !!!!