PDA

View Full Version : Combination Bicycle Lock - Help!

Julia
18-Dec-08, 17:13
I've bought a new lock which states it has 10,000 selectable codes, anybody know how I choose a code, it's set at the mo to the default of 0000, there are no instructions with it so I've no idea how to set it. Help! :eek:

alistair harper
18-Dec-08, 17:43
I've bought a new lock which states it has 10,000 selectable codes, anybody know how I choose a code, it's set at the mo to the default of 0000, there are no instructions with it so I've no idea how to set it. Help! :eek:

Hi Try googling the make then find instructions online.

Hope this helps.

Julia
18-Dec-08, 18:22
Have sussed it out, there are two wee buttons that swivel just where the lock enters the barrel, by twisting these the desired combination can be set and then reset the swivel buttons and Bob's your uncle! Pity Tesco don't print the instructions on the packaging :lol:

George Brims
18-Dec-08, 22:58
And after you're done, you'll have a new combination that can be decoded in about three minutes. When I was in college the guy down the hall used to take his bike inside, even when it was muddy and dripping wet, and chain it to the radiator in the hallway. Our cleaning lady, Jeannie, used to get very upset, so one day I undid the thing and changed the combination. Unknown to us, he had an exam the next day (med students had exams at odd times). He was a big bloke, and he nearly took the radiator off the wall.

Bazeye
19-Dec-08, 13:24
A few weeks ago I had my combination lock stolen but they left the bike. What was that about?