PDA

View Full Version : UPVC Windows & Doors.

Bluezulu
30-Jan-06, 14:48
Can anyone recommend a good company in Caithness for supplying and fitting UPVC Windows & Doors.....[para]

weeboyagee
30-Jan-06, 14:52
Not PVC but can tell you a VERY good company that can supply timber windows and doors ;)

topotheuk
30-Jan-06, 15:03
Norscot in Bower?

kas
30-Jan-06, 15:07
We have in the middle of going round all the companies ourselves. I think your budget plays a big part. Most tradesmen say Everest is the best but they are also the most expensive. You also have Easter Ross windows, Sinclair Windows, Cairngorm Windows and Norscot as above.
Pm me if you want any info.

Kas

auldalto
30-Jan-06, 15:12
I certainly found Sinclair Windows excellent. No messing around when they measure up and give a quote,and the workmen are very tidy and efficient.

CFM
30-Jan-06, 15:58
We recently used Sinclair Windows at the studio and found them to be really good, prices fair, workmanship good - we were delighted with the result

pedromcgrory
30-Jan-06, 16:27
norscot high quality,friendly,i used to make pvc doors windows etc when i left the school for nearlly 3 years ,not sure pricing etc but it would be worth looking in to i guess

Chillie
30-Jan-06, 16:53
I certainly found Sinclair Windows excellent. No messing around when they measure up and give a quote,and the workmen are very tidy and efficient.

Sinclair aftersales service is rubbish, used them for front door .. never again[mad]

Loafer
30-Jan-06, 19:58
Sinclair aftersales service is rubbish, used them for front door .. never again[mad]

Yep, I can agree with that one. We needed a wee repair done on a conservatory roof and Sincair kept coming out with all the excuses under the sun: "Our conservatory expert has a bad back, blah, blah, blah"

Turns out this is the usual spewings from them. The job was eventually done and took less than five minutes!!

The Loafer

topotheuk
02-Feb-06, 11:28
I posted a reply giving Norscot in Bower. I don't have any experience of them but I thought I was helping. Weeboyagee obviously has some prior knowledge of Norscot and obviously doesn't think they should be recommended as he sent me a pm after my post ridiculing the fact that I had posted Norscot's name. My apologies to Weeboyagee for offending him. I won't try to help again!

weeboyagee
02-Feb-06, 15:08
Private message to topotheuk was:

"Hahahaha, very funny, hilarious even! But wrong! Lol! :D "

What are you apologising for topotheuk? There's the PM for everyone to see. I think it is quite easily seen that I was having a laugh - you've mis-understood my meaning and if that has offended then it is I who have to apologise!

The reason for the bit o' fun is that those who know me and quite a few orgers know who I work for - a different window manufacturer to Norscot - it was nothing at all to do with a bad experience with them - I have Norscot windows and doors in my house! But shhhhhh, don't tell anyone less I don't last much longer in the job where I am :D

WBG :cool:

davem
02-Feb-06, 16:18
We used Sinclair to supply our windows, it took a long while to get them but they were really helpful, gave lots of advice and I honestly couldn't be more pleased. Fitting seemed a bit pricy but after doing them myself and seeing their workmanship on other jobs I think they are a good deal.

krieve
03-Feb-06, 09:13
Watch that sinclair windows thats what we have and the window in the bairns bedroom does not open properly we did not have them put in the previous owners did .

Whitewater
03-Feb-06, 15:48
Bluezulu, have you had a look at your private messages, I sent you one regarding this a few days ago. "Cairngorm" are the best in the north of Scotland, and their fitters are from Dunbeath. Take a look at your private message and you will see why I recommend them.

Rheghead
03-Feb-06, 18:44
Not PVC but can tell you a VERY good company that can supply timber windows and doors ;)

It must be a real pane going all over Europe selling windows?

Alice in Blunderland
03-Feb-06, 19:34
It must be a real pane going all over Europe selling windows?
Naaaa rheghead he loves it really it gives him a good excuse to go bird watching hes into ornithology:lol: selling windows is a sideline for him to give him his drinking money.

Tristan
04-Feb-06, 06:53
Can certainly recommend Cairngorm windows. Perhaps they're not the cheapest, but they are certainly competitive. Their fitters are excellent, and they don't shirk at after-sales service.

hammers
05-Feb-06, 02:52
Parents got conservatory and windows done by sinclair windows,slight problem with leaking door, sorted no problem,and quickly. Cleaned up after themselves.Would highly reccomend.