PDA

View Full Version : Cracking Day!

Saveman
30-Jan-06, 14:28
If you live in Caithness and you've not been outside today, go outside now and stand in the warmth of that sun!
:cool:

cuddlepop
30-Jan-06, 14:32
Weathers brilliant in Skye too.Does it bring the tourists up to Caithness,they dont seem to have left Skye this winter.:)

porshiepoo
30-Jan-06, 14:52
Yep you're right Savey. It's absolutely gorgeous.
I've just been sitting on our verandah looking out to sea, it's so clear I can see the coast on the other side. Bliss!!!!!!!

jjc
30-Jan-06, 15:09
It was -6 degrees when I got up for work this morning. It's still really cold in Glasgow and the fog hasn't really lifted all day. Good to know somebody is getting some sunshine :cry:

Saveman
30-Jan-06, 15:13
Yes -2 degrees at 745 this morning, risen to a balmy 9 degrees now!

DrSzin
30-Jan-06, 15:16
It was -6 degrees when I got up for work this morning. It's still really cold in Glasgow and the fog hasn't really lifted all day. Good to know somebody is getting some sunshine :cry:You're at the wrong end of the M8 today jjc. :D

wickerinca
30-Jan-06, 15:50
It was -7 when I got up and it is now risen to a wonderful -3. Going to be the high for the day, no sunshine and more snow flurries!! I want to come home!!!!:cry: :cry:

porshiepoo
30-Jan-06, 15:50
It must have got really cold here last night too cos our pipes froze and then burst when they thawed out. Never mind it's all sorted and the sun is glorious. :D :D

paris
30-Jan-06, 15:57
Yep you're right Savey. It's absolutely gorgeous.
I've just been sitting on our verandah looking out to sea, it's so clear I can see the coast on the other side. Bliss!!!!!!!

Thinking of you porshie, wish i was there!!

porshiepoo
30-Jan-06, 15:58
Thinking of you porshie, wish i was there!!

Ya sure would love it. This view just never ceases to amaze me. :grin:
I have never lived in a place that can bring a smile to your face no matter what your mood, caithness sure can cure a thousand ills.:)

Saveman
30-Jan-06, 16:09
Ya sure would love it. This view just never ceases to amaze me. :grin:
I have never lived in a place that can bring a smile to your face no matter what your mood, caithness sure can cure a thousand ills.:)

100% agree.....what a place....from my place I can see Morven, Maiden Pap and Scaraben away in the distance, I can see Wick and the sea beyond, I can see Spittal Hill and the mast on Ben Dorrery and the lights of Halkirk and Watten, at night the lights of Thurso shining on the clouds, if there are no clouds then I can see a thousand suns....

wickerinca
30-Jan-06, 16:17
Ok you guys!! Enough!! Stop it before I have to call Air Canada!!! I'm looking out of my window and I see a lot of trees, covered in snow. The stream is still flowing and not ice covered as we have had a comparatively mild winter here and the lake hasn't frozen over this year. there are a couple of red squirrels chasing each other while a blue jay sneaks in and gets the sunflower seeds from the feeder!! That's it for the moment!! I could always set my webcam up and do the nature watch thing!!

Geo
30-Jan-06, 16:23
It's a lovely fresh day. Can't be that warm though. We filled the bird bath this morning and it's frozen solid. It is in a shadey part of the garden though.

squidge
30-Jan-06, 16:29
From my place I can see Morven, Maiden Pap and Scaraben away in the distance, I can see Wick and the sea beyond, I can see Spittal Hill and the mast on Ben Dorrery and the lights of Halkirk and Watten, at night the lights of Thurso shining on the clouds, if there are no clouds then I can see a thousand suns....

hrmph

im homesick

Saveman
30-Jan-06, 16:29
It's a lovely fresh day. Can't be that warm though. We filled the bird bath this morning and it's frozen solid. It is in a shadey part of the garden though.

Yes, if you're not in the sun then its very cold. I would expect the temp to decrease very rapidly now as the sun begins to dip. Watch it, as it impales itself on the land and bleeds all over the horizon. [/prosemode] ;)

Geo
30-Jan-06, 16:33
Have you been reading Wilbur Smith again? :)

Saveman
30-Jan-06, 17:04
Have you been reading Wilbur Smith again? :)

er....yes, but thats a different thread.....

paris
30-Jan-06, 17:57
Its funny really, even though i only lived up there for 1yr i sure do miss it. The skies at dawn and dusk the morvan hills/mountains, the sea, wildlife, fresh air,and most of all the many friends i made there. Logging in rumpster forest was another good place to chill out. And i miss Lybster where we lived.

Ann
30-Jan-06, 19:36
Hi there, yes, jump on the next plane and come home to Caithness! I have been on one beach or another most days since weeks now with mostly lovely weather; bracing but lovely! Ben is in heaven chasing all the wee birds who just fly about 20 yards in front of him just to tease him!

And it's alright folks, he (my springer) hasn't caught any yet but lives in eternal hope!

How are your two doing, Wickerinca? I miss them; we became good friends in the autumn. Hope you got the photies OK?

See you in the spring,
love,
Ann xx

landmarker
30-Jan-06, 20:11
A fine, bright day in Mancunia , alas not much warmth in the sun.
A day spent waiting , largely - just 50 paltry kilometres.
Par for the course really.

The nights are edging out ever so slightly, it was dark just after five tonight.
I miss Scotland, and all the responses and the descriptions simply exacerbate my longing (they can't touch you for it missus) .

Canada sounds allright 'en all! Why am I stuck in this thrusting metropolis??
I used to be fond of the Manchester area.

daviddd
30-Jan-06, 20:21

The nights are edging out ever so slightly, it was dark just after five tonight.
I miss Scotland, and all the responses and the descriptions simply exacerbate my longing (they can't touch you for it missus) .

Ahhhh - Manchester - how I miss her ..............NOT!!! Gimme Caithness any day!

unicorn
30-Jan-06, 20:26
The forecast on channel 5 said -11 up here at 6am tomorrow so anyone with outdoor bunnies etc make sure to get them covered and beds full of hay or straw to keep em warm!!!

JAWS
30-Jan-06, 20:45
I have my own 'nice day' indicator and today was declared an Official Nice Day.
My little brown dog gave his official blessing to it, he was happy to sit and soak up the sun with a very satisfied look on his face.
If it had been the least bit chilly he would have been straight back inside like a rocket and stayed there.

wickerinca
30-Jan-06, 21:10
Hi there, yes, jump on the next plane and come home to Caithness! I have been on one beach or another most days since weeks now with mostly lovely weather; bracing but lovely! Ben is in heaven chasing all the wee birds who just fly about 20 yards in front of him just to tease him!

And it's alright folks, he (my springer) hasn't caught any yet but lives in eternal hope!

How are your two doing, Wickerinca? I miss them; we became good friends in the autumn. Hope you got the photies OK?

See you in the spring,
love,
Ann xx

Monty and Mackie are fine...been loping about in the snow.. well Mackie has! Monty did warm up to a cross between a trot and a canter though:lol: We are just in as out filling the bird and squirrels feeders up. We have a heavy snow warning in effect for tomorrow and the day after and the winds are supposed to be rising so there will be a bit of 'blowing snow'. I always that had some kind of drug connotation!!! Anyway been to the store to get the necessities of life in so now it is just a case of battening down the hatches, putting the kettle on and having a cak........er! Healthy stick of celery as an afternoon treat!!!!

wickerinca
30-Jan-06, 21:17

Time to get out of that hellhole, Landmarker!! Spread your wings again. They have really good sailing here....and the ski hills will all be open this weekend. I'm learning to snowboard this year!! Can manage to stand up on the bloody thing now without setting off down the..well I can't call it a slope!! gentle incline more like.:lol: I thought it was hard getting back up on to your feet with skis attached to them when I first started that caper but a snowboard does not lead to a very dignified recovery after the slightest mishap!! Bit older now I suppose and not quite so swack!!:lol: BTW I am sure that I recognise you...some dim distant memory!! Thought that I would say it first before you lot got going!!.........I have been called dim or more than one occasion and yes! I am far away!!;)

caithnessboyagee
30-Jan-06, 21:40
Hi all yes it was a beautiful day today the temp when i went to work this morning was -2.5 degrees and then the top temp at midday was 7 degrees it was fresh sunny the way i like i hope it like that tomorrow :)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-Jan-06, 21:46
Went to work this morning an you would think it was Iceland.Came home fae work and had to have a glass of malibu as I thought I was in Barbados.....hee-hee-ho

Saveman
31-Jan-06, 12:33
Another sunny day in the North of Scotland, not a breath of wind.....however I hear rumours that next week brings a change....

phoenix
31-Jan-06, 12:36
Its another Cracker today!:RazzWe were in Thurso in the late afternoon yesterday and the view from Lidls was Awesome.........the sea was beautiful shades of blues and turquoise, the sky was pink, the Orknies and and the mainland stood out like brown velvet against the Pink and Blue background..........Heavenly! :RazzYou sure it was football you were talking about DrSzin?:confused: