PDA

View Full Version : want to chase your washing?

Tugmistress
17-Dec-08, 20:28
High winds from the N/W late friday night for a few hours so tie down anything loose, possibly gusting to 80mph in exposed areas. It will build from about lunch time from the WSW then back through the evening to the NW, worst of it around midnight, back to sensible levels by sunrise saturday.

sorry this one slipped past me until today :roll:

Kenn
17-Dec-08, 20:34
Should n't that be blew past you!
What's it looking like for Sunday , will be coming up from the south?

Kodiak
17-Dec-08, 20:56
High winds from the N/W late friday night for a few hours so tie down anything loose, possibly gusting to 80mph in exposed areas. It will build from about lunch time from the WSW then back through the evening to the NW, worst of it around midnight, back to sensible levels by sunrise saturday.

Thanks a Bundle Tugs I will make sure that I have everything tied down :D

Tugmistress
17-Dec-08, 21:03
Sunday going to be windy again after a slight lull over saturday, nothing as drastic though, maybe 40 - 50mph tops from the W

Tighsonas4
17-Dec-08, 21:39
try to keep it down till the friday lunch time boat gets over tuggs
westerly wind not so good tony [lol]

cuddlepop
17-Dec-08, 22:32
We're chasing the washing tonight,blowin a right hoolie most of the day and the rain was like an Indian thunderstorm.

Christmas,I say where's the traditional weather Tuggs.?:eek:

balto
17-Dec-08, 22:37
need to lose some of this baby weight, so i reckon i will but my washing out on friday just to get the excersise lol:Razz

Venture
18-Dec-08, 09:49

..that will include Christmas trees Tugs.[lol]

Second one strongly secured and hopefully will stay put this time.

anneoctober
18-Dec-08, 12:11
OMgosh!! What with the new recyclin' wheelie - I've now got 3 to tie doon..............:eek:[lol]

Tugmistress
18-Dec-08, 14:27
lol venture, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you too :)

Lizz, there's a nasty threatening to get worse on sunday, high gusts again most of day but the really nasty bit looking like daylight hours! go steady! possibly gusting up to 80mph now, track of the low has changed slightly from my original thoughts.

young_fishin_neep
18-Dec-08, 22:41
hope you all manage to keep things aground,

ill be thinking of you while the weather admitedly not great down here but is alot better than whats up there :p

kazzii xxx

Tighsonas4
19-Dec-08, 23:04
lol venture, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you too :)

Lizz, there's a nasty threatening to get worse on sunday, high gusts again most of day but the really nasty bit looking like daylight hours! go steady! possibly gusting up to 80mph now, track of the low has changed slightly from my original thoughts.
very rooly in the firth this morning tuggs fingers crossed for sunday night now tony

Tighsonas4
19-Dec-08, 23:07
have just heard that its force 11 in the orkneys just now .hope it get no worse here as wheelie bins and all sort of things are flying about [lol] tony

brandy
20-Dec-08, 00:30
i feel like one of the three pigs! lets just say im thankfull my house is neither straw or wood! it sounds like the foors and windows are gonna come in and poor bubbles is freaking!
she will jump up and start barking madly running to and fro at a heavy gust!

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-08, 00:34
Haha brandy lets hope bubbles dont need out for the loo anytime soon then!! :lol:

At times like this am glad am not an animal that has to go outside! Feel sorry for farm animals like cows, pigs, sheep etc etc! Poor things!!!

Any update on winds tugs? Can we break any records!!