PDA

View Full Version : January Sales - best deals now or then???

pierre
16-Dec-08, 18:25
Do you think its best to hold off until Jan Sales for things like tvs/digital cameras etc or do you think the best deals are right now on the lead up to Xmas?

I was going to get a tv as there are some good deals at the mo but I am now wondering if I should just wait couple of weeks in case there are fantastic deals in Jan but just not sure!??

teenybash
16-Dec-08, 18:38
My advice is to wait....I know that is what I am doing...............Prices are low at the moment to try and encourage buying but I think after the festivities are over companies doing badly will be drastically cutting their prices even further.............other companies could face the same as Woolies.....

Kodiak
16-Dec-08, 18:53
Prices look very attractive at the moment, with 10%, 20% and even higher off. This is to get you in and to buy before Christmas.

So I do believe if you can wait and have the CASH it would be better to buy in the New Year Sales as the 10% off will go to 20% and the 20% Off will go to 40%.

I think sales will be down this Christmas so shops will need to put on a Good discount at the New Year Sales to move their Stock. :D

wndyndy
17-Dec-08, 23:38
I think sales will be down this Christmas so shops will need to put on a Good discount at the New Year Sales to move their Stock. :D
I like good bargains as well as every one out there, but i feel sorry for the shops. Since the economic reccession, the shops have been through alot this year!

sweetpea
17-Dec-08, 23:56
I've decided to save my money instead of spend it cos I'm not too sure what this credit crunch is all aboot!

david
18-Dec-08, 11:12
Some of the retailers who are in trouble now will IMHO be going bust in the new year. The banks normally allow them to trade until after xmas to allow them to fill their tills and empty their shelfs before putting them into liquidation. This ensuring that the banks get the maximum return. I am suprised they pulled the plug on Woolies before xmas.

pierre
19-Dec-08, 12:56
Thanks for the replies - think I might just leave til after Xmas then, see if any more bargains to be had as I do think sales will have suffered this year so like you say they need to shift their stock.

ar1ling
19-Dec-08, 22:37
i will do that too. i just don't know how long i will keep my job for?:(

I've decided to save my money instead of spend it cos I'm not too sure what this credit crunch is all aboot!