PDA

View Full Version : Problem with bt phones!!

ShelleyCowie
16-Dec-08, 17:01
Grr i went and spent £80 on a pair of BT house phones because i thought that if i spent a decent amount of money on them they might last a while!

But they are only about 7 months old and as me and my partner went to use the one upstairs (inconveniently when i was in labour with my son) it wouldnt work....it will only work if it is on loud speaker.

Then to test it i tried my mother phoning me and she said she can hear me but i cant hear her..but when on loud speaker it worked???

Any advice on what might be wrong? I cant return the phones because i bought them in inverness and i cant get back down!

blueivy
16-Dec-08, 18:19
Grr i went and spent £80 on a pair of BT house phones because i thought that if i spent a decent amount of money on them they might last a while!

But they are only about 7 months old and as me and my partner went to use the one upstairs (inconveniently when i was in labour with my son) it wouldnt work....it will only work if it is on loud speaker.

Then to test it i tried my mother phoning me and she said she can hear me but i cant hear her..but when on loud speaker it worked???

Any advice on what might be wrong? I cant return the phones because i bought them in inverness and i cant get back down!

I'd give returning them a go - a lot of businesses in Inverness allow you to post faulty items back as they understand that a big part of their business is remote. They may charge you for posting replacements but it's better than a dead phone. Might be worth a try as I think the phone is liable to be faulty and if you start playing around with them you will void the warranty (and sods law says that you will invalidate a warranty JUST before you need it).