PDA

View Full Version : Highlander Castletown

Heather Harper
29-Jan-06, 20:17
On Sunday night my family and I went for a High Tea at the Highlander in Castletown. The food was excellent with a good menu choice, 4 different varieties of fresh vegtables, toast and a very large choice of home baking including scones, biscuits and iced cakes, tea and coffee. The service was also excellent and very friendly. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a Sunday treat. 10/10:D

angela5
30-Jan-06, 01:24
On Sunday night my family and I went for a High Tea at the Highlander in Castletown. The food was excellent with a good menu choice, 4 different varieties of fresh vegtables, toast and a very large choice of home baking including scones, biscuits and iced cakes, tea and coffee. The service was also excellent and very friendly. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a Sunday treat. 10/10:D

sounds tempting but i'm already 20 stone i better give it a miss.

denise
11-Jan-07, 20:35
Hi looking to go somewhere for a family meal and have thought about the highlander but I have only heard recommendations for high teas. Do they do a dinner menu?

bobsgirl
11-Jan-07, 21:46
Yes they do dinner menu's, I am sure they sometimes do a mexican night as well, heard a friend talking about that!
We are going there this Sunday. Last time we certainly were not dissappointed so really looking forward to it this time!

Piglet
11-Jan-07, 22:41
Here is another thread with recommendations for meals in the Highlander

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=14676

plumber
12-Jan-07, 15:42
Can recommend the Highlander, the food is great, Tom and staff are very friendly, worth phoning to book at the weekend

madmissus
14-Jan-07, 23:39
Heather,agree with you, though haven't been there for a while. Used to go regularly, excellent food, and Tom kept everybody in order!! Good that Castletown has such a place. Must go back soon!!

highlander
15-Jan-07, 12:14
Excellent meal served in here, very good value for money, only sorry we had never tried the highlander before.

Kenn
21-Jan-07, 16:29
I would like to say a special thank you to The Highlander for hosting ourselves and friends for a birthday dinner.
The food was excellent, the service discreet and friendly and I think all present enjoyed their evening.
Will certainly go back again.