PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Good Cheer

Anne x
15-Dec-08, 15:49
Does anyone still give Xmas tips to the Postman /woman Coalman etc
I remember my mother did it every year Postie Milkman Coalman and Bin Men things were different then as we all used the services daily weekly
Only person I have tipped this year is the White Van delivery boy who is always cheery and lifts anything heavy for me and my hairdresser

Bad Manners
15-Dec-08, 16:15
Yep doneit every year not a fortune but a little gesture only have the Coalman and the bin men as the postie changes on an almost weekly basis.
I think in this economic times it would be appreciated more
Spread a little festive cheer

muffin
15-Dec-08, 16:51
I agree, the binmen and the postlady, especially with the weather they have to contend with at the moment and they always so cheerful.

Alice in Blunderland
15-Dec-08, 16:58
Every year the kids give something to the postman. I often give something to the binmen and always at Christmas.

:) This year as they are collecting on the Saturday after Christmas I told Charlie to bring the boys in for a cooked breakfast as they deserve it.

Gizmo
15-Dec-08, 17:04
I would give something to the postman if he stopped losing my bloody mail, about six packages (cds/dvds/games) have been lost this year, two of them last week, i'm getting bloody sick of it.

And the Bin Men are getting sod all, twice in the last couple of months our bin has been missed out on collection day, and when you call to complain about it they treat you like a liar, insisting that we must have forgotten to put it out....Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!![evil]

nicnic74
15-Dec-08, 17:41
Il be giving a box o sweeties to our paper boy coz he's a fine loon always on time we our papers, just in time for ma 8am cuppa :D

Moira
16-Dec-08, 01:02
Does anyone still give Xmas tips to the Postman /woman..............?

Absolutely Anne x. I give Christmas tips to my postie, milkman, paperboy, binmen, hairdresser and beauty therapist. No offence is intended by the order of my list here - each one is very important.:D

Anne x
16-Dec-08, 01:11
Absolutely Anne x. I give Christmas tips to my postie, milkman, paperboy, binmen, hairdresser and beauty therapist. No offence is intended by the order of my list here - each one is very important.:D

Forgot about Beauty Therapist gosh I need them more !!![lol]

ar1ling
16-Dec-08, 01:46
it seems you are the unlucky one,i am lucky, they haven't done anything wrong to us so far. they all have done the great jobs for us, so they deserve the tips.:D
I would give something to the postman if he stopped losing my bloody mail, about six packages (cds/dvds/games) have been lost this year, two of them last week, i'm getting bloody sick of it.

And the Bin Men are getting sod all, twice in the last couple of months our bin has been missed out on collection day, and when you call to complain about it they treat you like a liar, insisting that we must have forgotten to put it out....Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!![evil]

Tighsonas4
16-Dec-08, 22:47
dont have a beauty therupist [lol] but the paper boy is away smiling this morning so thats a start. hes a nice lad and has to take all weathers tony

Whitewater
16-Dec-08, 23:46
Always give something to the bin men, never have given the postie anything, but I guess after reading this I should, we have had the same postman now for sometime and he is most helpful. I thank you Anne x for reminding me.

golach
16-Dec-08, 23:52
Yep doneit every year not a fortune but a little gesture only have the Coalman and the bin men as the postie changes on an almost weekly basis.
I think in this economic times it would be appreciated more
Spread a little festive cheer
Got the same problem here Bad Manners, no regular Postman, I feel guilty, as in the middle 60's and early 70's I was a Walk Postman in Leith, but in those days, you kept to the same route all the time, so your customers knew you. Sadly no longer so.[disgust]

teenybash
17-Dec-08, 00:04
Give a wee something to coalman as he comes out in all weathers making sure I have enough fuel.......

Moira
17-Dec-08, 00:12
forgot about Beauty Therapist .......

You did what!!?? Have you any idea how painful some of the waxing procedures are or could be ? :eek:

Anne x
17-Dec-08, 00:14
Aye!!! I remembered the day LOL

Fran
17-Dec-08, 03:01
Always give to the paper girl who comes out in all weathers, come rain or shine, in the dark, so that I can read the paper at breakfast, bless her. Also I have a new postman who is always cheerful and the dog likes him , so there will be something for him too.

Fstevens
17-Dec-08, 11:07
We always give to the Postie, who is an angel, and the bin men, they always put my bin back in the garden and shut the gate, as they know I have dogs.
Just a little thank you for all they do. Regard Fay

"Gosh life is so short" smile:)

skinnydog
17-Dec-08, 14:11
I don't tip with money but do give some home made stuff, like mince pies, jam and some of the delicious lemon curd that Anne x kindly gave me the recipe for. That is always very gratefuly received.

sam
17-Dec-08, 14:32

LOL are you accussing him of taking it?, you make it sound like your postie is soley responsible for your mail going missing.:roll:
I to have had mail go astray from letters to parcels but i still give to my postie as its NOT his fault he does an great job :D