PDA

View Full Version : Films for Crimbo...

percy toboggan
14-Dec-08, 15:42
I'm a divil for me dvd's and Xhristmas usually sees a few winging my way from grateful friends and resigned relatives.
This year I'm hoping Santa will stuff my football sock with the following:

In Bruges
Henry V (Branagh version)
Hellboy 2
There Will Be Blood
Mrs.Potter
Survivors original Series 3.

An eclectic mix what...?

Any on your Christmas list?
I can recommend 'Mamma Mia' and 'The Mist'

Gizmo
14-Dec-08, 16:39
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on your avatar Percy, never knew it was released on Dvd, an all time classic for sure, i have just checked Play.com and they have it for £5...it's now in my basket, cheers for inadvertently letting me know about it :)

Have to say that 'In Bruges' was probably the best movie i watched this year, the dark humour was brilliant.

A few i would recommend.

Cloverfield
Monty Python & The Life Of Brian, The Immaculate Edition
Monty Python & The Holy Grail, The Extraordinarily Deluxe Edition
Ironman
Poltergeist 25th Aniversary Edition
3:10 To Yuma
Hancock
Gone Baby Gone
What Happens In Vegas
Vantage Point

Going to watch Hellboy II tonight, ihave a feeling it will be on my list as well :)

Kenneth
14-Dec-08, 19:39
no country for old men

percy toboggan
14-Dec-08, 19:45
Another eclectic list Gizmo....
I have 3.10 to Yuma...but need to watch it again.

Enjoy the Vikings: it's one heck of a film and I'm glad a moment of whimsy on my part re-connected you with it. If anyone else is not familiar with the movie it's a belter and sounds like a bargain.

WeeBurd
14-Dec-08, 19:47
I loved "In Bruges" too, Percy, but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. ;)

I'd settle for "Step-Brothers" (is it out on DVD yet?) - absolute nonsense and silliness from the off, but what else would it be with Will Ferrel? Hilariously daft! :D

percy toboggan
15-Dec-08, 19:05
no country for old men
Indeed...it's a gripping film Kenneth and reasonably believable.
We took it to Portmahomack and watched it for the first time in uz rented holiday cottage. Smashing.

sweetpea
15-Dec-08, 23:22
Hope Santa will stuff my sack with the following;

Love Actually
Mama Mia
Mary Poppins
Saw series
new Twighlight series
Lion King
and many others...:)

anneoctober
16-Dec-08, 14:41
Santa please bring me :

last of the dogmen
madagascar Escape to Africa
Dances with wolves
and any dvd wi Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple !!! [lol]

AfternoonDelight
16-Dec-08, 15:24
The second Batman (new one)
Hancock
American Gangster
Lakeview Terrace

Last year I got Apocalypto and had watched it 3 times before the New Year... Great film.... :Razz

Looking forward to - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Defiance, Che Part One

I want to look forward to Angels and Demons as well but I don't think it'll match the book. Most films don't...

ShelleyCowie
16-Dec-08, 16:29
I have written to santa and asked for:

Hancock
Star Wars - The Clone Wars
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Wall-E
The Polar Express

Dont think there are many more movies that i can ask for considering i have over 500 Dvd's as it is! I think i have more than Woolies did! :lol:

And whatever happened to all xmas films being on tv on the run up to Christmas?! Or is that yet to come? I used to love sitting in my Pj's and watching all the xmas movies when i was little! Im 20 now and still want to do it with e kiddies!!!

percy toboggan
16-Dec-08, 19:06
AD: Please let me know what 'Lakeview Terrace' is like.
I think it's only just got a cinematic release so it may be a few months befor eit's out on dvd. The reviews intrigue me.

percy toboggan
16-Dec-08, 19:12
Blimey !
Shelley...
And I thought I had a lot.

AfternoonDelight
17-Dec-08, 14:16
AD: Please let me know what 'Lakeview Terrace' is like.
I think it's only just got a cinematic release so it may be a few months befor eit's out on dvd. The reviews intrigue me.

Ahh - me too! I will - hopefully I can get it pirated before too long Shhhhhh........ ;)

Also looking forward to Righteous Kill - De Niro and Pacino back together again!!! :evil

percy toboggan
17-Dec-08, 17:49
Revolutionary Road with the marvellous Kate Winslet is on my 'oooh I must see that list'

I do so approve of the woman - who appears level headed and down to earth - despite pulling in five million per flick. Her other half, Director Sam Mended is far from broke either!
He did the best audio commentary I've so far heard on 'Road to Perdition' - another excellent fillem.

percy toboggan
17-Dec-08, 17:51
Ahh - me too! I will - hopefully I can get it pirated before too long Shhhhhh........ ;)

Also looking forward to Righteous Kill - De Niro and Pacino back together again!!! :evil

Your secret is safe with me but percynolly I don't approve of piracy:confused...

I didn't like 'Heat' and chucked it after twenty minutes - did I err?

gleeber
20-Dec-08, 20:08
I just watched a feature film on BBC2 of Dad's Army. It was brilliant. Pure farce and typically British. At one point my sides were sore with laughing.

Kodiak
20-Dec-08, 20:22
I have written to santa and asked for:

Hancock
Star Wars - The Clone Wars
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Wall-E
The Polar Express

I hope you get The Polar Express as I think it is the Very Best Christmas Movie Ever. It has everything a good Christmas Film should have and you are left with that warm Glow after watching, GREAT Film. :D

wifie
20-Dec-08, 20:30
I hope you get The Polar Express as I think it is the Very Best Christmas Movie Ever. It has everything a good Christmas Film should have and you are left with that warm Glow after watching, GREAT Film. :D
Polar Express is beautiful - I had a tear in my eye at the end when we saw it at the cinema! :confused

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-08, 20:58
haha yeah me and my partner love movies! So do the kids! I have a massive dvd case and its full! EEK! Need to get a whole dvd library goin i think! :lol:

Polar Express is a genius movie! Im such a big kid! Its on TV on Christmas eve anyways ITV 3 i think.....3pm as far as i know! Oh i cant wait!

Oh and just to add to my dvd collection i now also want

One Tree Hill all seasons dvd boxset
Heroes boxset
Battlestar Galactica First half of season 4 (Part 2 starts Feb 2009 Wooopee)

I dont ask for much do i!!! :lol:

Kodiak
20-Dec-08, 21:16
If you like "Heroes" then click on the link below as this is where you can download 116 "Heroes" Comics in PDF Format all for Free. Also on top of that it is 100% Legal to do so. Enjoy. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heroes_graphic_novels

Keep on going back every 2 to 3 weeks as they keep on adding new Comics. :lol:

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-08, 21:17
If you like "Heroes" then click on the link below as this is where you can download 116 "Heroes" Comics in PDF Format all for Free. Also on top of that it is 100% Legal to do so. Enjoy. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heroes_graphic_novels

Keep on going back every 2 to 3 weeks as they keep on adding new Comics. :lol:

Thanks very much! :D