PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual Discussion Group in Caithness

daviddd
14-Dec-08, 11:08
I'm keen to start a non-denominational spritual group here, and would like to hear from anyone else who might be interested. I have visited Findhorn several times and have returned spiritually renewed and refreshed, but would further benefit from regular local gatherings by sharing my own and other folk's experiences. It's obvious to me that quite a few local people are attending meditation and yoga classes for example, and some of these, and others, may wish to extend their spiritual interests.

The way this could be run is totally open to discussion but, for example, we might meet once a month in someone's home (I'd be happy to host here in Halkirk if convenient), and spend a couple of hours discussing our particular interests. Subjects for discussion could be:

- our separate and common spiritual practices
- spiritual books / magazines / DVD's etc. (possibly exchanging some of these between ourselves)
- spiritual retreats we have visited or heard about

A regular feature could be a guided or silent meditation, and even confidential sharing of thoughts and feelings if or when trust and openness is built up. We could also produce a short newsletter to promote awareness, with spiritual articles and information, and which could also reach out to folk unable to attend due to disability or for other reasons.

I'm totally open to ideas and welcome any supportive or constructive comments. Group consensus would dictate the agenda of the meetings.

Please PM daviddd if you are at all interested.
-

Mother Bear
17-Dec-08, 19:32
Do you think this will be up and running in the New Year? I have sent you a PM.