PDA

View Full Version : Aint life grand!

Kenn
14-Dec-08, 00:04
Without stepping outside the door, I've been to the opera, the ballet and rattled the windows with some 60's pop music today.
Ok, ok, so I have an eclectic choice in music, tomorrow it could be folk,jazz or country or I might choose the cinema, failing that read a book or get on with the needlework.
When I think back to my childhood, YES I can remember it although having a stegosaurus treading on one's foot was more than a little painful, we had such limited options to pass a wet and windy day.
What do you enjoy most about the modern age and the access one has to all sorts of entertainment and what do you get up to when the weather closes in?
Keep in mind that this is a site accessed by all ages!

brokencross
14-Dec-08, 09:22
What do you enjoy most about the modern age and the access one has to all sorts of entertainment and what do you get up to when the weather closes in?

Hate to state the obvious, but I use t' internet as a major source of entertainment or passtime. I enjoy "researching" more deeply topics brought to light on the Org, current affairs, things with a nautical theme or any subject matter I have enjoyed while watching the Discovery Channels. Whilst doing this I listen to BBC 5Live or some of the older comedy radio shows from BBC Radio 4 and BBC 7 on my trusty DAB radio.

EDDIE
14-Dec-08, 09:32
if im board i surf the net or watch a dvd and sometimes listen to music.

Dadie
14-Dec-08, 22:31
In our house its usually playdough or painting or baking followed by at least an hours worth of clearing up!:lol:
Sometimes its indoor tents, picnics under the kitchen table, cushion mountaineering and jigsaws.
Or we get wrapped up and splash in puddles then go home for a change of clothes, hot choc and a nap.

Sometimes the simple things are the best fun.(ps I do all this with my 2yo ... i dont have time to be bored through the day)

teenybash
15-Dec-08, 00:02
I like to pop on and off the .org or do a bit of writing. At other times I can be seen talking to one of the sheep or the horse or the mule and even my little pet baby hen Mrs Tubbs.....Baking or trying to reorganize cupboards...:mad: