PDA

View Full Version : X-factor

rockchick
13-Dec-08, 23:14
Please, please please!...let Alexandra win. Her performances have been so much better than JLS or Eoghan (or whatever his name was).

Ash
13-Dec-08, 23:18
she was amazing!!!!
how amazing was her performance with beyonce! wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

unicorn
13-Dec-08, 23:19
What an incredible performance by Alexandra it gave me goosebumps, I want to buy it!!!!!!!!!

Ash
13-Dec-08, 23:20
What an incredible performance by Alexandra it gave me goosebumps, I want to buy it!!!!!!!!!

me 2 she is outstanding

iain
13-Dec-08, 23:32
Who cares? lol she is a bit good though

rockchick
13-Dec-08, 23:34
I actually paid to vote for her..that's a first, let me tell you

unicorn
13-Dec-08, 23:35
Iain you know you love her secretly :lol: I care I want to buy her version of the song :lol:

igglepiggle
13-Dec-08, 23:42
ivoted for her 3 times, i think she is better than leona, she was fantastic tonight! well done 2 her! i will be buying her single:D

unicorn
13-Dec-08, 23:44
Brilliant result, the poor girl can't talk :D

Ash
13-Dec-08, 23:45
so glad she won!!!!!
so emotional :D

unicorn
13-Dec-08, 23:51
and she managed to sing brilliantly in an obviously emotional state, she should have a brilliant career :D

mrs and mr brown
13-Dec-08, 23:55
whoooo! alex won. well done hunni, wow she was great, i was in tears e night watching the xfactor. whoooo!

nicnic74
14-Dec-08, 00:01
Good on Alex for winning but still love JLS they were MAGIC hope we see a lot more o them especially we Louis backing them

purplelady
14-Dec-08, 00:15
thought Alex was great tonite but my fave were still JLS just think we need something different as an act i mean to win never been won by a group and if a group as good as JLS can't win what chance do any other group have x

teenybash
14-Dec-08, 00:18
Though Alex was good, but I loved JLS.........hopefully we all will see them in the future.................:)

Venture
14-Dec-08, 00:20
ivoted for her 3 times, i think she is better than leona, she was fantastic tonight! well done 2 her! i will be buying her single:D

Well done to Alexandra she deserved to win. JLS are a nice bunch of guys who will have their share of stardom with Louis.

Totally disagree with you igglepiggle about Alexandra being better than Leona Lewis. Her latest single Run is something else. Nobody can compare with Leona she is in a class of her own.

chamb
14-Dec-08, 00:45
Well done to Alexandra she deserved to win. JLS are a nice bunch of guys who will have their share of stardom with Louis.

Totally disagree with you igglepiggle about Alexandra being better than Leona Lewis. Her latest single Run is something else. Nobody can compare with Leona she is in a class of her own.

I agree Leona is great the best ever female singer, her song run is just great.

I think Diana should have won, she was different and realy brilliant,

But JLS would have been my next favourite.

hotrod4
14-Dec-08, 07:55
Alexandra deserved to win but i prefered JLS.
I wouldnt buy her single though, I much prefer the Jeff Buckley version which really gives me goosebumps.
I just wish that one of these years that they would give the winner an amazing song to sing, after all they've got a year to get one organised,rather than a cover version.:mad:
I cant honestly say that any of the winners songs have stuck in the memory.
Think she will go far though.
Mrs Rod thinks Aston from JLS is hot, so thank god they never won!!!!!!! I'd never hear the end of it[lol]

Venture
14-Dec-08, 12:10
I'm with you on this one Hotrod. Out of the three, Alexandra gave the best show on the night. I think if JLS had had Cheryl or Simon as their mentor, they would have done better. Louis Walsh dosen't seem to bring out as much in his group as the others. I honestly think he is too old for this now and someone with a more up-to-date approach to music would have been an advantage to youngsters like JLS. I think he is on the panel more for the entertainment value in his arguements with Simon etc. rather than his expertise.

Alexandra can sing, there is no doubt about that, but I think she will find it hard in today's music world. There is nothing "different" about her voice and in an age when there is so much competition I think she will struggle after the release of the X Factor single. Leona Lewis, three years down the line, still gives me goosebumps when she sings. Alexandra could never match her vocal range. Too much emphasis was put on the fact that Alexandra didn't make the show three years ago. This, along with the fact that Cheryl, a big favourite with the younger section of the TV audience, was her mentor, I think, made people vote for her. I think it would have been good to have a group win. There are too many solo singers out there. Here's hoping that JLS will go on to better things, they deserve it.

dragonfly
14-Dec-08, 13:37
so glad Alexandra won she was the most consistant singer throughout the shows - but did you see on xtra factor Holly saying who had won the votes on the 10 live shows??

Alex won 2 (which included the final)
JLS won 1
Diana won 1 and..............................................
EOGHAN (sp) won 6

no wonder Simon was going on last week about his boy being able to win it.......he knew exactly who had been winning the votes on the shows previously!!!

Also although I liked the winners song, it was pinched from Diana in the auditions. Simon even said that she picked cool songs to sing!!

Liz
14-Dec-08, 14:02
Alexandra was a worthy winner but I really wanted JLS to win but am sure they will do really well anyway.

I agree with others who say that Alexandra isn't 'different'. There is no doubt she has an amazing voice but then so do a lot of other female singers (eg Beyonce who was great last night) so not sure how well she will do long term.

Venture
14-Dec-08, 14:08
Well that does make you wonder. Especially seeing as there has been so much controversary over telephone and text voting in the past. I think they mentioned that there was 8 million votes last night. That's a lot of money. I would have liked to know what the final breakdown of votes was for each contestant.

ar1ling
14-Dec-08, 14:10
wow, she will be very delighted if she know that there is already a good fan like you!:D:)
I actually paid to vote for her..that's a first, let me tell you

percy toboggan
14-Dec-08, 14:53
I lost interest when Ruth went west.
JLS are nothing different either - and fall in the same bracket as the mawkish Eoghan 'get him out of here' Quigg.
(Buy a Four Tops L.P. if you want a new take on the Dallas Boys)

Alexandra is not Great but given the oppostion I'm not surp[rised she won.
'Rockchick Ruth' knocked 'em all into a cocked hat - even though she's Spanish :-P

Update:This is on our telly as I write.
JLS? I wouldn't trust him on the right - what are his facial expressions all about? - 'Giime your pin number'?
If they were walking towards me on a dark night I'd be more likely to cross the road than ask for their autographs.
Mind you...they're better than Westlife !

percy toboggan
14-Dec-08, 15:37
She's just been on belting out a song with someone called Beyonce.
No fringe talents these - they were both excellent and the North London songbird looks the part 'en all. I wish she'd turn on the tears a little less, but fair play to her she proves Britain's got talent !

balto
14-Dec-08, 17:03
totally agtee with you there, alexandra is in a league of her own.:D

unicorn
14-Dec-08, 21:16
oh my I agree with Percy :eek: I did adore Ruth