PDA

View Full Version : help please

Fstevens
13-Dec-08, 20:12
Can anyone tell me how to right a wrong e-mail address please, Ihave tried changing my edit file, nothing have tried to contact the Administrator, so do not know how to right a wrong, between rock and hard space.
Old age and cumputer doesnt help. Maybe some kind soul out there can...:~(Thank you Fstevens

Tighsonas4
13-Dec-08, 20:26
only a suggestion but have you tried this on the technical support section regards tony

Fstevens
13-Dec-08, 20:38
Thank you Tony for answering me, yes, I have tried writing but they throw back my old e-mail, and this is why I was warned, I had not had my AOL for years, except somehow it got here, and I cant get any help to right matters. But thank you
Regards Fay:):(

Aaldtimer
13-Dec-08, 20:43
Fay, I think Tony means that you should try posting your query in the Tech Support Section here, on Caithness .org's very own.
http://forum.caithness.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46

:)

Kodiak
13-Dec-08, 20:44
I presume you mean change your e-mail here in .org. What you do is this

In the tool bar at top on the left click on User CP

In the next window look in the tool bar on the left and click on Edit Your Details

In the next window in the middle towards the top you will see a Button Edit e-mail and password, click on this button

In the next window you will see your e-mail in the bottom two fields. Change both of these e-mail addresses to the one you want and then click on button below Save Changes

This then will change or correct your e-mail address.

Fstevens
13-Dec-08, 20:49
Thank you all, will try again.
Merry Christmas to you all, peace and happiness in the New Year.

Regards Fay:roll:

starry
13-Dec-08, 21:34
good luck with it Fay :)

Fstevens
13-Dec-08, 21:57
Thanks Starry. None yet. Regards Fay

Fstevens
13-Dec-08, 22:21
Well folks I have done everything I have been asked to do, set new e-mail address , then am asked for passord, which I dont know with this AOL Number I want removed,and back comes not pass word, forgotten password, click put in new e-mail address of course comes up not known, soput old one and that also is rejected, So I give up, I have tried to clear the problem,but no luck so the Org will just have to throw me off.
But many thanks to all who did try to help me, but I am to old for all this worry. Many thanks F, Stevens:(:confused

rockchick
13-Dec-08, 23:12
Can't you set up a new profile, such as with yahoo.co.uk, and transfer to that?

I've heard awful things about AOL being linked to your system, and that it's impossible to get rid of, and your story doesn't do anything to dispel that myth. Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers,
RC

brokencross
14-Dec-08, 09:40
My main e-mail address is with Ntl, which is now Virgin through Outlook Express. My e-mail account is on "remember username and password" so it goes straight in. I have forgotten my password and just hope it doesn't play up where I need the password.

Torvaig
14-Dec-08, 11:32
Fay, on the front page of the org you will see list of titles down the left hand side; go to "Services" (green background) and you will find a link to "Contact us".

Click on there and write to the administrators telling them your problem giving all details.

They can either sort it out by using the email address you want to use or they can create a new identity for you giving you a fresh start. Good luck.

Fstevens
14-Dec-08, 14:25
Bless you Torvaig, I think I have cracked it this time, have sent a E-mail to Bill, Hope this works.

Many thanks to all who tried to help.
Regards Fay:)

Fstevens
16-Dec-08, 11:33
Hi Torvaig,
Did send e-mail as you suggested to Bill, but still no reply, so I have now given up. But would like to thanks all I have dealt with, sorry I wont be able to anymore. Regards Fay:(:(:(

Torvaig
16-Dec-08, 11:38
Yes, I'm afraid it takes a wee while for Bill to respond; maybe give him a few more days? Sorry you are having problems.....:(