PDA

View Full Version : Lost Black & White Collie

BalmoreSSPCA
13-Dec-08, 15:55
On behalf of a very worried owner who is missing his Male Black and White collie from Wick since Friday 12th. The collie is neutered and is just under 3yrs old. He has a pink cast on his back right leg and this must not be removed. He does not have a collar on as he did have a big Elizabethan collar on instead which was removed before he went missing.
He is a very friendly dog & his family are missing him terribly.

If anyone has seen this dog or knows where he is then please contact the SSPCA, Caithness & Sutherland on 01847 861386 or PM.

There is a reward from the Collies owner on his return.

Sapphire2803
13-Dec-08, 16:24
Oh bum! I think I saw him near the bus stop opposite the post office on Friday afternoon at about 2pm, I assumed he was with the man who was stood near him.

I do hope he wasn't yet lost at the time (less guilt for me)
If he was, then I hope it gives an idea of the general direction he took.

I do hope he's found soon

Fran
14-Dec-08, 04:08
I was shocked to read the notice on the post office window, and be told that the collie dog called "robbie" was actually stolen from inside the car in the main road by houstons in wick.
How can someone do this? the p[oor dog is friendly so probably went quite happily thinking he was getting a walk.
I do hope he is returned to his owner quickly, and I for one will now lock my car doors when I pop ito a shop and my dog is in the car.

cuddlepop
14-Dec-08, 11:23
That is awful.
With so many stray dogs needing to be rehomed why steal someones pet.
Its just so evil.
The poor dog was probably trying to make its way home.:~(

BalmoreSSPCA
14-Dec-08, 23:38
Sapphire - did you get a look at they guy that was standing near the dog at all?

Anne x
15-Dec-08, 00:48
On behalf of a very worried owner who is missing his Male Black and White collie from Wick since Friday 12th. The collie is neutered and is just under 3yrs old. He has a pink cast on his back right leg and this must not be removed. He does not have a collar on as he did have a big Elizabethan collar on instead which was removed before he went missing.
He is a very friendly dog & his family are missing him terribly.

If anyone has seen this dog or knows where he is then please contact the SSPCA, Caithness & Sutherland on 01847 861386 or PM.

There is a reward from the Collies owner on his return.

Bump---------------------

Sapphire2803
15-Dec-08, 02:05
Sapphire - did you get a look at they guy that was standing near the dog at all?

I was driving at the time, so it was only really the dog's cast that caught my attention. I just have a vague memory of the man. I won't post any kind of description in case my memory is playing tricks, but what I will do is ask my husband. He was with me at the time and saw the dog too. Unfortunately Hubby is working away at the moment, so he's not too easy to get hold of.

However...
I saw a chap I recognised, just down past Boots walking up in the direction of where I saw the dog. He may have seen something.
He's a grey haired chap I often see around Wick, he is usually with his brother and sometimes his sister as well. They all look very alike and are often walking their dogs up near the airport. I know he loves dogs, so he may have noticed more than I, as he was on foot.

Hopefully someone will know the chap I mean from the description.

Sapphire2803
15-Dec-08, 02:13
Oh and I know it's not a lot of help, but they headed down the hill towards Somerfields

Liz
15-Dec-08, 13:35
However...
I saw a chap I recognised, just down past Boots walking up in the direction of where I saw the dog. He may have seen something.
He's a grey haired chap I often see around Wick, he is usually with his brother and sometimes his sister as well. They all look very alike and are often walking their dogs up near the airport. I know he loves dogs, so he may have noticed more than I, as he was on foot.

Hopefully someone will know the chap I mean from the description.

I think I know who you mean and will see if I can find him and have a word.

cuddlepop
15-Dec-08, 14:02
has anyone got any news about this wee dog?

teenybash
15-Dec-08, 16:41
Hopefully there will be good news soon and the safe return of this collie dog................I think from the description of the man who might have seen something is one of twins.................
Fingers crossed all's well that ends well.

Liz
15-Dec-08, 18:23
My sister spoke to the people who Sapphire2803 and,sadly, they never saw anything.

I suppose this would have been reported to the Police? Just wondered whether there is a CCTV in that area?

It is a real mystery why someone would take the dog when it had a cast on it's leg?

cuddlepop
15-Dec-08, 20:09
My sister spoke to the people who Sapphire2803 and,sadly, they never saw anything.

I suppose this would have been reported to the Police? Just wondered whether there is a CCTV in that area?

It is a real mystery why someone would take the dog when it had a cast on it's leg?

The plot thickens.
This story is so awful it beggers believe.:~(

Sapphire2803
15-Dec-08, 20:53

Oh that's a shame :(
I've been wondering about the cast thing as well. They wouldn't know why it's on or when it has to be removed, so why steal a dog with a cast?

There were a few people at the bus stop. I suppose it might be worth someone going to the bus stop at the same time this week in case it's a regular trip for someone and they may have seen something.

I spoke to my husband, he said he only remembers the dog. :( Sorry we couldn't be more help.

arana negra
15-Dec-08, 21:17
I have kept reading this and hoping every time a new post comes that he has been found and returned. Sad to see that is not the case yet, hopefully soon though.

katrina
15-Dec-08, 21:45

Liz think there may be CCTV there as someone bumped into my mums car at the Post Office and the Police said it would show on the CCTV, its certainly worth a try to find out about it.

Liz
15-Dec-08, 23:21
There were a few people at the bus stop. I suppose it might be worth someone going to the bus stop at the same time this week in case it's a regular trip for someone and they may have seen something.

I spoke to my husband, he said he only remembers the dog. :( Sorry we couldn't be more help.

Do you know what bus service it is? It would be worth speaking to the driver.He might remember seeing a dog with a pink cast on it's leg? You have nothing to be sorry about. I would only have noticed the dog as well. However, the clues you have given could make all the difference in finding this poor dog. I still think it is strange taking this dog with a cast on for the reasons you state?

Liz think there may be CCTV there as someone bumped into my mums car at the Post Office and the Police said it would show on the CCTV, its certainly worth a try to find out about it.

That's interesting Katrina. You would think the person who took the dog will either be seen on CCTV taking the dog from the car or standing at the bus stop.

teenybash
15-Dec-08, 23:44
What reason would anyone have in stealing an injured dog unless there is more to it..........the dog may have known the person.

Liz
15-Dec-08, 23:52
What reason would anyone have in stealing an injured dog unless there is more to it..........the dog may have known the person.

Teenybash that's exactly what I was thinking. It is a real mystery.

Fran
16-Dec-08, 03:58
Please,please,please, if the owner reads this, please contact moray firth radio and the /Groat to get more and more publicity. People must have seen what happened, even if they just thought it was the dogs owner getting him out of the car. i am so upset about this poor dog, his owners too, and do hope he will be home very very soon.

DEEKER
16-Dec-08, 07:47
i know its not any help but the collie was seen on saturday in the henrietta st/coach road area of wick.didn't know it was missing until my nieghbour told me they were off to look for it,will keep an eye out for it.good luck.

anneoctober
16-Dec-08, 11:54
i know its not any help but the collie was seen on saturday in the henrietta st/coach road area of wick.didn't know it was missing until my nieghbour told me they were off to look for it,will keep an eye out for it.good luck.
bump.............................................. ..........

AfternoonDelight
16-Dec-08, 12:49
I'll keep my eyes open as well... :(

teenybash
16-Dec-08, 14:11
Has anyone been able to look at the cctv for clues and the identity of the possible culprit.................keeping this bumped.

AfternoonDelight
16-Dec-08, 14:24
Someone would need to get in touch with the police...

dancingtaz13
16-Dec-08, 15:07
Deeker - did the dog still have the cast on when he was spotted on saturday?
This is a real mystery..... Think the dogs quite friendly and would go with anyone.. I've met the dog before but cannot remember much about what he looks like.

munron
16-Dec-08, 18:20
I have heard a wee story through the grapevine that this dog was found safe on Sunday in someones garden.

Happy Christmas all

teenybash
16-Dec-08, 18:25
Hopefully the grapevine is true............................:)

Liz
16-Dec-08, 18:26
I have heard a wee story through the grapevine that this dog was found safe on Sunday in someones garden.

Happy Christmas all

Oh that's wonderful! Thanks ever so much for letting us know.

Happy Christmas to you as well Munron.:D

cuddlepop
16-Dec-08, 18:30
I do so hope this is true.:D

scorpion
16-Dec-08, 18:59
Robbie is back home ,his owner was going round yesterday taking down all the" dog missing " posters she had put up

teenybash
16-Dec-08, 20:12
Brilliant.........Munron your grapevine was spot on. What happy news that Robbie has gone home....................Merry christmas.:Razz

cuddlepop
16-Dec-08, 20:46
Now thats what I call a real christmas present.
Brilliant news.:D

balto
16-Dec-08, 21:03
what a lovely happy ending, glad the dog is home in time for christmas.

carasmam
16-Dec-08, 21:12
Thats good news :D Very reliable grapevine Munron, better than jungle drums lol :lol:

dousslesh
17-Dec-08, 00:12
Brilliant ! Thanks Munron for tipping us off !! Merry Christmas to you !

purplelady
17-Dec-08, 00:14
ho that is great news the ownners must be over the moon and robbie ofcause x

Fran
17-Dec-08, 02:52
OOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT wonderful news, that has made my day, so glad he is home again. think the thuief should be charged though. that is a warning to us all to make sure the car is locked when our precious dogs are in the car.

Happy Rascal
17-Dec-08, 13:12
Thats great news that the dog is back home, there are some very nasty people out there I hope whoever took him gets caught and gets what they deserve.