PDA

View Full Version : Problem with incoming emails

scaraben
13-Dec-08, 10:07
Can anyone tell me why certain emails ( all-be-it folk who rarely email me ) arrive in my Net mail in box rather than the in box of my windows mail ? .......... AND can you tell me how to stop this please. Vista is my operating programme thats why I have 'Windows' mail rather than the usual 'Outlook express'

blueivy
13-Dec-08, 10:30
Can anyone tell me why certain emails ( all-be-it folk who rarely email me ) arrive in my Net mail in box rather than the in box of my windows mail ? .......... AND can you tell me how to stop this please. Vista is my operating programme thats why I have 'Windows' mail rather than the usual 'Outlook express'

Do you mean that those people who rarely email appear in the inbox of your account but only visible through webmail and do not download to Windows Mail? But other people come through to your Windows Mail as normal?

Which email provider are you with?

scaraben
13-Dec-08, 15:01
YES ! I'm presently with orange, but will be changing to Tiscali on Dec. 27th ( hopefully ! ) Scaraben.

blueivy
13-Dec-08, 16:04
YES ! I'm presently with orange, but will be changing to Tiscali on Dec. 27th ( hopefully ! ) Scaraben.

Is this not a spam classification issue? I assume that you are talking about Orange mail both on the web and in Windows Mail?

I know that BT Yahoo (for example) has a spam box that is on the web and doesn't download to your mail program. It is a very aggressive filter and often classes legitimate mail as spam. Because of the way it works, if you get a legitimate message that it classes as spam you will never see it unless you log onto the webmail side of your account.

It could be that Orange does something similar?

scaraben
13-Dec-08, 17:57
Aye.............what you say makes sense, seems I'm destined to checking my net mail box rigorously if I want to feel confident I've read all that I need to read !!!
Perhaps when I migrate to Tiscali later this month it may be different ? I value your advice, thank you. Scaraben

blueivy
13-Dec-08, 18:00
Aye.............what you say makes sense, seems I'm destined to checking my net mail box rigorously if I want to feel confident I've read all that I need to read !!!
Perhaps when I migrate to Tiscali later this month it may be different ? I value your advice, thank you. Scaraben

There may be other reasons for it - hopefully another knowledgeable Orange user will be able to confirm it. There may be a simple setting somewhere to stop it!?

The only email provider I heard who were doing what I described earlier was BT Yahoo so I would HOPE that Tiscali don't do it - I have worked with a few customers who have used them and they haven't reported anything like this so fingers crossed.