PDA

View Full Version : tis a braw bricht moonlicht nicht

brokencross
12-Dec-08, 14:54
Well it may be!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7779294.stm

wifie
12-Dec-08, 15:37
Grrr far too driech and cloudy down here for anything exciting like that! [disgust]
Having said that tho last night I arrived back at the house at around 8.30pm and although cloudy the moon was shining thru brightly and the sky was very "light" for that time of the evening in winter! Love seein what goes on up there! :)

trix
12-Dec-08, 15:44
she wis lovely last nite...very magickal....

all 'e witches in britian will be hevin a braw nicht e'nicht indeed! ;)

muffin
12-Dec-08, 16:14
Does anyone think the moon has an effect on animals, our dog has been very much more alert and on guard for the last couple of evenings just when the moon comes up and I am sure I heard a fox a couple of evenings back.

Sunshine
12-Dec-08, 16:53
The moon affects the humans,never mind the animals:~(

trix
12-Dec-08, 17:05
The moon affects the humans,never mind the animals:~(

why do ye cry sunshine?

it can affect humans an animals in magickal ways!!

hightend awareness....unusual activity (pehaps in 'e bedroom) :eek:

its when nature is at its most powerfulist....(so aware o' ma spellin - damn it...)

lap up those special moonrays an let 'e light in ;)

blessed be!

whitecloud
12-Dec-08, 17:18
The moon effects a lot of things, the sea,plants animals and humans, on a full moon we hold more water as do plants and animals, best time to pick plants like veg is on a full moon for they are more jucy.On a new moon we release more water,best time for sauna.The moon has effect on our mood also, our emotions are more heightened so depending on how you feel, happy and joyful[lol] or sad and angry:mad: these emotions are stronger on a full moon.There is loads of info on the net about the moons affects on humans animals and plants.
love light and laughter
whitecloud x

Tighsonas4
12-Dec-08, 22:52
the moon and the tides work in conjunction with one another
they used to say your more likely to go off it wi a full moon tony [lol]

TBH
12-Dec-08, 23:05
she wis lovely last nite...very magickal....

all 'e witches in britian will be hevin a braw nicht e'nicht indeed! ;)Isn't it a bit conspicuous to be flying about on your broom, Dyson or aquavac when the moon is full? All the fly by nights in Britian will probably be sat on their sofas watching the telly no doubt.

Dadie
12-Dec-08, 23:08
Yep just where do you think the term lunacy comes from....the moon cycles???

bad behaviour tends to rise when there is a full moon!

TBH
12-Dec-08, 23:15

bad behaviour tends to rise when there is a full moon!Those werewolves get rowdy when the Full moon shows.

Venture
12-Dec-08, 23:18

bad behaviour tends to rise when there is a full moon!

You're spot on Dadie......and don't forget the werewolves.;)

(Great minds think alike at the same time TBH.)

Dadie
12-Dec-08, 23:21
Im off to howl at the moon now:lol:

well try to call the cat in anyway its horrible out there but he wants to stay out tonight for some unknown reason!

TBH
12-Dec-08, 23:23
You're spot on Dadie......and don't forget the werewolves.;)

(Great minds think alike at the same time TBH.)
Ach I dinna mind e' werewolves as long as thur no houngry. Ah dinna care for witches though, the cacklin' gies me earache.:D

TBH
12-Dec-08, 23:25
Im off to howl at the moon now:lol:

well try to call the cat in anyway its horrible out there but he wants to stay out tonight for some unknown reason!Thur's no use shoutin on bawdrins the night, they'll be we thur witchy woman.

Moira
13-Dec-08, 01:08
Grrr far too driech and cloudy down here for anything exciting like that! [disgust]........

It's the same here tonight wifie. Blowing a gale with horizontal rain.

I'm just back from Tescos Petrol Station after braving the elements to fill the car with petrol. The forecourt is covered but that doesn't save you from the Caithness wind and rain, with no windbreak between here and John o Groats! I just had to take advantage of my "5p off a litre" voucher which was dated today. I am frozen to the bone and soaked to the skin but I saved about £1.50. :lol:

Ok, I admit it - the petrol tank wasn't as low as I had thought, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. The fact that I didn't see the "braw bricht moonlicht nicht" just makes it worse.....

sweetpea
13-Dec-08, 01:44
Red sky at night, shepherds delight,
Red sky in the morning, Shepherds warning....

Sporran
13-Dec-08, 10:23
Well, it certainly was a braw, bricht, moonlicht nicht here! :D We were lucky enough to have a very clear sky in my neck of the woods on Friday night, and the moon did appear to be exceptionally bright.

Moira
14-Dec-08, 00:31
Hi Sporran. Glad to hear that someone, somewhere enjoyed it. :) Did you see any shooting stars? We'd been promised "the best show of shooting stars in decades" but, alas, 'twas not to be in Caithness last night. Tonight is not much better. :~(

wifie
14-Dec-08, 00:53
Och make my day Moira why don't ya! Beeg moon, shooting stars and all behind flaming clouds! [disgust]

trix
14-Dec-08, 13:55
All the fly by nights in Britian will probably be sat on their sofas watching the telly no doubt.

ats what they wid hev ye believe ;)

Sporran
14-Dec-08, 18:32
Hi Sporran. Glad to hear that someone, somewhere enjoyed it. :) Did you see any shooting stars? We'd been promised "the best show of shooting stars in decades" but, alas, 'twas not to be in Caithness last night. Tonight is not much better. :~(

No, I'm afraid I didn't see any shooting stars, Moira - I wish I had! We had another clear sky here last night, and the moon was very bright again. I caught it earlier in the evening than on Friday, and it was big and yellow, as in the pic in the original link posted. As it rose higher, it became whiter and even brighter. Venus seemed larger and more twinkly as well! :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7779294.stm