PDA

View Full Version : Gas Bill Direct Debit Adjustments

unicorn
12-Dec-08, 13:23
If like me you get a letter in from the Hydro wanting to change your monthly direct debit amount please call and query it.
They were going to double my monthly payment even though I have been in credit the last 2 years on the payment I am on.
I called and the woman said it was because my credit amount was £50 where last year it was £100 but they agreed that it would go up by £6 a month and so did I where they wanted to put it up by £33 a month.
If you have any older friends or relatives who are probably already struggling please tell them they do not have to accept this rise.

Buttercup
12-Dec-08, 15:13
I got a letter a couple of weeks ago to say that they were reducing my DD payment by £11 a month ~ Great news. Then a couple of days later I received another letter to say that £240 was being transfer to my bank account as I was so much in credit ~ even better news! :D (needless to say it's all gone on Christmas already).

Bad Manners
12-Dec-08, 19:01
I got a letter a couple of weeks ago to say that they were reducing my DD payment by £11 a month ~ Great news. Then a couple of days later I received another letter to say that £240 was being transfer to my bank account as I was so much in credit ~ even better news! :D (needless to say it's all gone on Christmas already).
Better than a piggy bank then!
We have not come across this ourself however a neighbour has had the same request and has just increased their DD by £10 rather than the £78 they wanted.

unicorn
12-Dec-08, 19:08
If everyone accepts those kinds of hikes in DD then the hydro could pay our bills themselves on the interest they will collect!!

balto
12-Dec-08, 22:25
we got a letter yesterday, to say that our dd was going up from £35 per month to £50 pounds, will give them a phone on monday i think to query it.

unicorn
12-Dec-08, 22:58
mine was £34 to £67 :eek: