PDA

View Full Version : Soapland Christmas

nightowl
12-Dec-08, 09:37
Does anyone else, like me, envy soapland's preparation for Christmas. As if by magic, in Corrie and Emmerdale, the trees are trimmed, the decorations hung, the food prepared with no hassle or fuss. There's no crawling about the attic to retrieve boxes of decorations. No endless fixing of fairy lights. No tears when the blooming tree won't stand straight or the cards keep falling down. Christmas dinner cooked to perfection with enough to feed the five thousand and any stranger who turns up! Then by twelth night, everything magically disappears again. No stress, no strain. How I would love a soapland Christmas!!

brokencross
12-Dec-08, 10:57
Does anyone else, like me, envy soapland's preparation for Christmas. As if by magic, in Corrie and Emmerdale, the trees are trimmed, the decorations hung, the food prepared with no hassle or fuss. There's no crawling about the attic to retrieve boxes of decorations. No endless fixing of fairy lights. No tears when the blooming tree won't stand straight or the cards keep falling down. Christmas dinner cooked to perfection with enough to feed the five thousand and any stranger who turns up! Then by twelth night, everything magically disappears again. No stress, no strain. How I would love a soapland Christmas!!

I avoid the soaps like the plague... but I do so recognise the trials and tribulations of the Christmas preparations you describe so well. We went through the decorations drama last weekend. Roll on the kitchen drama on the 25th, I am the main (only) vegetable peeler and chopperer upperer and then dish washerer upperer. Can't wait enjoy every minute!!

mccaugm
12-Dec-08, 11:13
And have you noticed babies are always born on Christmas day...!! Although have to say my favourite Christmas soap storyline was "The Angie & Den divorce drama". Classic!!

kitty kat
12-Dec-08, 11:22
roll on eastenders how ui would love to be at the queen vic table for christmas

anneoctober
12-Dec-08, 13:32
roll on eastenders how ui would love to be at the queen vic table for christmas
Wi Peggy Archie Suzie Roxy & Co. ?? Hell NO!! :eek:[lol]

mccaugm
12-Dec-08, 13:41
Wi Peggy Archie Suzie Roxy & Co. ?? Hell NO!! :eek:[lol]

Fly on the wall...or maybe in the trifle...LOL

anneoctober
12-Dec-08, 13:53
Fly on the wall...or maybe in the trifle...LOL
Knowing my luck the trifle would splat me on e wall when Suzie threw it at Shirl for sleepan wi Phil..........:eek:[lol]