PDA

View Full Version : Offend me, slate me, call me names.

teenybash
12-Dec-08, 00:24
The org is changing and it isn't for the better. Those that shared their needle pointed wit, saucy humour and lighly concealed innuendo are disappearing, fed up with petty bickering.

SO....do what the title says, call me what you will......it might bring back the life that was once the .org......do something, anything for I fear the org is dying......:~(

wifie
12-Dec-08, 00:27
I dinna lek yer avatar! :Razz

golach
12-Dec-08, 00:27
The org is changing and it isn't for the better. Those that shared their needle pointed wit, saucy humour and lighly concealed innuendo are disappearing, fed up with petty bickering.

SO....do what the title says, call me what you will......it might bring back the life that was once the .org......do something, anything for I fear the org is dying......:~(
Are you on 'e drink Teeny, come oot from 'at pile 'o peats, The Org goes through this period of winter sadness annually, it will pick up again[lol]

Melancholy Man
12-Dec-08, 00:36
The first step in restoring the balance is for any Code of Conduct to be applied consistently and without discretion upon all users. I have seen similar break downs in behaviour and loss of sense of fun on other web-forums in which it's thought favouritism is at play. Why, ask the designated miscreants, should they obey rules which they do not think are not being taken seriously by those in charge?

Gizmo
12-Dec-08, 00:41

Shouldn't teenybash have a capital T? ;)

wifie
12-Dec-08, 00:43
Shouldn't teenybash have a capital T? ;)

Yay! That's it - we are gettin into the spirit of this Gizmo! (Well at least this is what I think teeny wants! :confused)

Gizmo
12-Dec-08, 00:50
Yay! That's it - we are gettin into the spirit of this Gizmo! (Well at least this is what I think teeny wants! :confused)

Ooooo...dinna mention 'Spirit' aroond me joost now, in 10 meenids i will be 3 days from being one year sober...yull be jinxin me Wifie :lol:

wifie
12-Dec-08, 00:58
Ooooo...dinna mention 'Spirit' aroond me joost now, in 10 meenids i will be 3 days from being one year sober...yull be jinxin me Wifie :lol:

Would not want to do that! :)

Anne x
12-Dec-08, 01:10
I dont know whether Teenybash is tongue in Cheek or Not but from the day I joined until now the heart has gone out of the org
I was a lurker for years before joining and enjoyed the banter and crack lately lots of good Posters and Members have disappeared we always had a laugh and wit was always utmost now its the case of the " Lowest form of Wit " and sadly these days at someone else expense and how many points you can achieve in your wee boxies and who can demean who or to pick a argument with so sad
the org is a great forum long may it reign and recover

wifie
12-Dec-08, 01:18
I dont know whether Teenybash is tongue in Cheek or Not but from the day I joined until now the heart has gone out of the org
I was a lurker for years before joining and enjoyed the banter and crack lately lots of good Posters and Members have disappeared we always had a laugh and wit was always utmost now its the case of the " Lowest form of Wit " and sadly these days at someone else expense and how many points you can achieve in your wee boxies and who can demean who or to pick a argument with so sad

So it's your fault! :eek: [lol]

brokencross
12-Dec-08, 08:53
fed up with petty bickering.:~(

Do you want fully fledged bickering then??

Angela
12-Dec-08, 09:12

I agree with you, Anne.

But somehow I can't quite bring myself to send that 'Goodbye!' post because I'd be embarrassed to pop up again and say 'hey! I'm back after all' :o [lol]

floyed
12-Dec-08, 09:39

I think this post is completly pointless, but that is only my opinion lol:lol:

helenwyler
12-Dec-08, 10:02

SO....do what the title says, call me what you will......it might bring back the life that was once the .org......do something, anything for I fear the org is dying......

Right, 'teenybash'. Where shall I start?

There's a typing error in your second sentence. Note the graciousness with which I assume you do actually know how to spell 'lightly'.

Your persistent good humour and lightness of touch are becoming tedious and stultifying, and sending all good prickly orgers into a coma.

Your insinuation that because we remaining orgers have not yet 'disappeared' we are not blessed with 'saucy humour' or 'needle-pointed wit' (note the hyphen) is, quite frankly, offensive. [evil]

;):D

wifie
12-Dec-08, 10:47
Go for it brokencross! Nothing like a good bicker to set the tone for Christmas! [lol]

justine
12-Dec-08, 11:44
i agree, the place is falling apart very quickly, and with the likes of some who cant take a question without giving bad rep or getting people infractions and running off to the mods at the slightest thing does not help. I have had my fair share of critisism off people and you learn to take it. So the one who is free with the bad rep and sucking up to the mods might want to chill out and become part of the org.you know who you are............................................... .
Im not trying to start a fight just putting obs around, apart from that it has become tedious and boring, but hey good for a laugh most of the time.

changilass
12-Dec-08, 13:06
I take it you have NEVER given anyone bad rep and Never reported a post. The function is there for a reason, don't have a go cos someone has used the right system.

Bad Manners
12-Dec-08, 13:25

How can I slate you are you a Roof? I don't know you so why should I call you names are you into some masicistic thing we know nothing of?
However I have never been one to go with the political correct You are a horses ass hope that helps you feel better

unicorn
12-Dec-08, 13:33
It is always strange as this time of year, people are stressed with christmas stuff and busier than usual, It picks up again mid January.

justine
12-Dec-08, 13:36
[quote=changilass;469646]I take it you have NEVER given anyone bad rep and Never reported a post. The function is there for a reason, don't have a go cos someone has used the right system.[/quote

bad rep given for good reasons is fair enough, as is reporting an offensive post right enough, but when they do it because they cant take a joke and a bit of fun its pathetic..:eek:
and to answer you question i have only ever given 3 bad rep and reported one thread for sexual harrasment.ok

anneoctober
12-Dec-08, 13:39

Tis the season to be JOLLY!! I'm back until the long summer nights return sigh........:lol: So let joy abound OR ELSE........[lol]

Melancholy Man
12-Dec-08, 13:52
I take it you have NEVER given anyone bad rep and Never reported a post. The function is there for a reason, don't have a go cos someone has used the right system.

Don't be obtuse. It's patently clear that what is being discussed is not the principle, but the passive aggressive over-use of it. Taking personal offence at the a comment should place onus of proof on the claimant, especially those who - like most of us here - do not use their real names.

changilass
12-Dec-08, 13:55
He He, you are nothing if not predictable Justine, thanks for the rep :lol:

MM - I think you will find it was simple sour grapes that was being discussed.

Melancholy Man
12-Dec-08, 13:59
MM - I think you will find it was simple sour grapes that was being discussed.

Actually it's not.

Tom Cornwall
12-Dec-08, 14:23

I'll drink to that:)

trix
12-Dec-08, 14:45
i for one think 'e org hes never bin so guid!!

im no interested in what yer favourite advert is, favourite song or ither tedious subjects that pop up nearly every day....tho i understand that some people do...an appreciate thats what makes 'iss magic forum what it is.

i lek til hev a guid fair debate til get ma brain waves wrapped roond....lately i hev not bin disapointed tho sometimes i feel lek am debatin wi children - scorrie - guid til see ye back :lol:

i do lek til wind a few fowlk up too.....golach especially :Razz

i take 'e bad rep wi 'e guid an when i over-react til 'e bad, usally petty name callin be's involved....im really laughin ma a** off...

iv hed a few run ins wi various orgers but til me its all soooo funny - i love each an every one o' ye's!

keep it up guys.....da be afraid til pull me up on somethin.....cos i lov'ed.

offend me, slate me....call me names...bring it on...!!

but da pull me up on an odd spellin mistake - very uncool - aaldtimer!!!

respect....but tut tut! shame on ye. is it any wonder iv lost interest in yer point?

anne x - i love hearin fie ye late at nite an thanks for 'e rep...

ps. i still miss karia :(

cuddlepop
12-Dec-08, 14:57
What can i say Teenybash other than the Pet forum's a nicer place to be these days.;)

Thumper
12-Dec-08, 15:01
The problem some of the time is that orgers forget that others are allowed to have their own minds,we cant all agree all the time,if we did it would be bleeding boring on here wouldnt it!I sound like a broken record but if you dont like a post/thread dont read it that way you cant be "pulled into it for arguments sake" As for bad reps,well I have never lowered myself to dish one out and I think it would have to be a pretty horrendous post before I would even consider doing so as I feel bad rep shouldnt be thrown about like a dummy out of a pram,but used to hi- light something such as bullying,slander etc,but this is my OWN opinion. There are some fantastic posters on here who i really enjoy interacting with and I hope it continues to be that way for a longtime.Perhaps when someone annoys you,you should think about the times the org has been taken down and how much you missed having it BEFORE posting a reply? x

silverfox57
12-Dec-08, 15:08

must agree with you org has lost its appeal to me as well.it used to
fun,but if we stick at it well recover,as for calling you names ,think you
are a very nice orger,its nice to be nice.

Anne x
12-Dec-08, 15:14
The problem some of the time is that orgers forget that others are allowed to have their own minds,we cant all agree all the time,if we did it would be bleeding boring on here wouldnt it!I sound like a broken record but if you dont like a post/thread dont read it that way you cant be "pulled into it for arguments sake" As for bad reps,well I have never lowered myself to dish one out and I think it would have to be a pretty horrendous post before I would even consider doing so as I feel bad rep shouldnt be thrown about like a dummy out of a pram,but used to hi- light something such as bullying,slander etc,but this is my OWN opinion. There are some fantastic posters on here who i really enjoy interacting with and I hope it continues to be that way for a longtime.Perhaps when someone annoys you,you should think about the times the org has been taken down and how much you missed having it BEFORE posting a reply? x

Very well said Thumper My point about the wee green boxes did not come across the way it was intended I should of said Obsession with bad repping etc and point scoring

Trix your welcome a lot of Awld Night Owls around in the wee small hours [lol]
Anne October tis the season to be jolly tra la la etc Peace and Joy to all orgers

Aaldtimer
12-Dec-08, 16:00
Trix..."respect....but tut tut! shame on ye. is it any wonder iv lost interest in yer point?"...
Aw shucks, and there was me thinking it was because you'd lost the debate.

Respect? I have no respect for someone who calls me sub-normal![disgust]

Julia
12-Dec-08, 16:17

SO....do what the title says, call me what you will......it might bring back the life that was once the .org......do something, anything for I fear the org is dying......

I dinna lek yer avatar! :Razz

I don't like her avatar either! Mine is far more tasteful [lol]

Ooooo...dinna mention 'Spirit' aroond me joost now, in 10 meenids i will be 3 days from being one year sober...yull be jinxin me Wifie

Good for you Gizmo, it's also nice to see capital letters being put to good use!

i agree, the place is falling apart very quickly, and with the likes of some who cant take a question without giving bad rep or getting people infractions and running off to the mods at the slightest thing does not help. I have had my fair share of critisism off people and you learn to take it. So the one who is free with the bad rep and sucking up to the mods might want to chill out and become part of the org.you know who you are............................................... .
Im not trying to start a fight just putting obs around, apart from that it has become tedious and boring, but hey good for a laugh most of the time.

If the rep fits wear it, don't complain about it, change your behaviour and good karma will come to you.

trix
12-Dec-08, 16:20
Trix..."respect....but tut tut! shame on ye. is it any wonder iv lost interest in yer point?... Aw shucks, and there was me thinking it was because you'd lost the debate.
Respect? I have no respect for someone who calls me sub-normal![disgust]

if ye think its 'normal' til behave in 'e questioned manner......then its no wonder 'iss country hes gone til 'e dowgs!!

yer no own yer own....too many people wid agree wi ye...:eek:

'e fact that yer no understandin ma point proves that ye hev no idea what am on aboot regardin government issues....im seein things from a wider angle, somethin yer (what appears til be) narrowminded brain cana seem til comprehend.

i hev respect for ye as an elderly gentleman but i cana relate til someone who believes that i, bein trained in child care hev no idea aboot bringin up children. i hev studied theories an analysed topics relatin til children that ye probly hevna even heard o!!!! iv hed placements in nurseries, schools an' special needs departments....

yer only arguement bein that i hev no children (oh, an cana spell sometimes) i hev bin brought up, seen ma friends an family bring their own children up and am educated in 'e sense that i hev certain 'modern' standards....

yer arguement wis poor, side steppin ma point in 'e manner that i hev recently come til expect fie ye....

why, yer doin it again!!

ps...feel free til pick oot any spellin mistakes, it obviously gies ye a sense o' power an intellengence - knock yersel oot :roll:

muffin
12-Dec-08, 16:23
I think a lot of people take offence when it's not meant, why do we have to be so politically correct all the time, we should all lighten up, life is stressful enough, lets all be glad we can use the Org. and I really enjoy the banter, I'm summing up the courage to join in.

AfternoonDelight
12-Dec-08, 17:06

Chee whiz, Anne x - I was totally out of breath by the time I read all that in one breath...:cool:

And breathe... :Razz:Razz

Aaldtimer
12-Dec-08, 17:17
Trix, please return to the original thread if you want to continue the debate.
We don't want to thread-creep do we?;)

Fstevens
12-Dec-08, 17:32
Merry Christmas to you all, Happy Peaceful new Year.
Now shall we count our blessings:)??. Fay

percy toboggan
12-Dec-08, 18:09
Another pile of pants from a poster who conveys little of any merit. I still haven't sussed out whether you are male or female....androgynous at best and middle of the road at worst you sum up all that sitting on the fence has come to mean. You must have one heck of a groove in your derrier (that's French for bottom, by the way).
You'll never have to go far in life to attract insults and put downs.

Actually, I rather like your input and there is not much to complain about in truth...sadly though the new avatar is bobbins. Yes, I know mine is too but it's about to alter.

helenwyler
12-Dec-08, 18:22
You must have one heck of a groove in your derrier (that's French for bottom, by the way).

Percy...are you taking the p? This sounds like just your normal style :lol:.

Quick French lesson...bottoms are very definitely feminine-looking in France.
Write out derrière 100 times, and report to my office at playtime on Monday.

Sapphire2803
12-Dec-08, 18:22
*Assumes French accent*

Teenybash! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

and to turn this into a proper brawl:

Btw Monsieur Toboggan. You forgot the e on the end of derriere... You derriere! :lol:

percy toboggan
12-Dec-08, 18:30

Quick French lesson...bottoms are very definitely feminine in France.
Write out la derrière 100 times, and report to my office at playtime on Monday.

Oh I say! Can I look forward to a good thrashing.:(

I'm joking for effect - for amongst my many isms masoch ain't one of 'em!

helenwyler
12-Dec-08, 18:55
Oh I say! Can I look forward to a good thrashing.:(

Bother! You quoted me before I adjusted my gender :o! Misdemeanor forgiven, this time. Keep your trousers hoisted, for now. As you were!

percy toboggan
12-Dec-08, 19:34
*Assumes French accent*

Btw Monsieur Toboggan. You forgot the e on the end of derriere... You derriere! :lol:

I guess I made an arsh of myself !
:D

wifie
12-Dec-08, 19:36
Another pile of pants from a poster who conveys little of any merit. I still haven't sussed out whether you are male or female....androgynous at best and middle of the road at worst you sum up all that sitting on the fence has come to mean. You must have one heck of a groove in your derrier (that's French for bottom, by the way).
You'll never have to go far in life to attract insults and put downs.

Actually, I rather like your input and there is not much to complain about in truth...sadly though the new avatar is bobbins. Yes, I know mine is too but it's about to alter.

Cor Percy - you had me worried there - I thought you were havin a whinge! [lol] Aye yer avatar is pants too! Get it sorted!

teenybash
12-Dec-08, 19:44

Oooo, Yes please. No point in half fledging......................[lol]

katarina
12-Dec-08, 20:22

whats ee point? the thread will just be closed down the minute it gets interesting....

teenybash
12-Dec-08, 20:29
whats ee point? the thread will just be closed down the minute it gets interesting....

Exactly! Though you never know, so lets hope it carries on for another wee while...........each witty word is a breath of life, each sarcastic comment read with humour, smile at the banter and don't get anything into a twist....life is too short.:Razz

Sapphire2803
12-Dec-08, 20:40
Exactly! Though you never know, so lets hope it carries on for another wee while...........each witty word is a breath of life, each sarcastic comment read with humour, smile at the banter and don't get anything into a twist....life is too short.:Razz

Oh that's right laugh it up! People like you have a lot to answer for you know.
You laugh at the witty words and find the sarcastic comments an endless supply of humour, but at the end of the day when you return to your comfortable, modern home, do you ever spare a thought for those witticisms and comments? No of course not. You and your ilk have no idea what it's like to be a poor defenceless comment cast aside, shunned by society. Alone in the cold.

You should be ashamed [disgust]

:lol: I need a lie down...

Julia
12-Dec-08, 20:45
I think we should suggest alternative avatars for teenybash to choose from

Here's mine, still crap but much better than the old one

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/jmbudge/crapavatar.jpg

scorrie
12-Dec-08, 20:46

Quick French lesson...bottoms are very definitely feminine-looking in France.
Write out derrière 100 times, and report to my office at playtime on Monday.

Derrier is totally different to Derriere, since Derrier is actually a limited edition of Perrier mineral water, merely sourced from an alternative "Spring"

Enjoy!! ;)

Sacre Bleu, Zis water is cloudy Monsieur!!

lynne duncan
12-Dec-08, 21:33
its nice too have a place where you can have a good old discussion without having to be too pc, if you have your views crack on and air them, i've been here for so many years and never noticed the rep thingies dinna really care about them
i'm the same here as in real life you either take me as i am or take a running jump
so my view is say it as you see it
merry xmas to you all as well

teenybash
12-Dec-08, 22:12
Oh that's right laugh it up! People like you have a lot to answer for you know.
You laugh at the witty words and find the sarcastic comments an endless supply of humour, but at the end of the day when you return to your comfortable, modern home, do you ever spare a thought for those witticisms and comments? No of course not. You and your ilk have no idea what it's like to be a poor defenceless comment cast aside, shunned by society. Alone in the cold.

You should be ashamed [disgust]

:lol: I need a lie down...

Oh Sapphire, I am now duly ashamed at my giggles, smiles and yes, even the odd frown, that I throw at those poor defencless witisisms and comments who, having been cast out of the minds that nurtured them, find themself wandering through the threads at the org.......Poor wee souls I shall watch out for them and do my best to be kind to them....[para]

scorrie
12-Dec-08, 22:54
its nice too have a place where you can have a good old discussion without having to be too pc, if you have your views crack on and air them, i've been here for so many years and never noticed the rep thingies dinna really care about them
i'm the same here as in real life you either take me as i am or take a running jump
so my view is say it as you see it
merry xmas to you all as well

Well, you said "say it is you see it"

I think this post is a pile of crap then!! ;)

Venture
13-Dec-08, 00:26
Well, you said "say it is you see it"

I think this post is a pile of crap then!! ;)

So how big a pile then? On a scale of 1 to 100. I can think of a few threads on a definite 99.[lol]

scorrie
13-Dec-08, 00:35
So how big a pile then? On a scale of 1 to 100. I can think of a few threads on a definite 99.[lol]

HERE!! I said POST not THREAD. That is a mistake of borderline bad rep proportions. I will sleep on it and decide whether to leave bad rep in the morning. If you had been on my Christmas card list, I might have had to wield the felt pen tonight!!

wifie
13-Dec-08, 00:40
HERE!! I said POST not THREAD. That is a mistake of borderline bad rep proportions. I will sleep on it and decide whether to leave bad rep in the morning. If you had been on my Christmas card list, I might have had to wield the felt pen tonight!!

Have you no written yer cards yet? Sheesh! :roll:

Venture
13-Dec-08, 01:18
:(:( Oh no not bad rep. Forgive me oh mighty bird for the slip-up. I will even double-sided-tape my lug for you.

scorrie
13-Dec-08, 03:05
Have you no written yer cards yet? Sheesh! :roll:

No, there's no sense. Usually there is about 200 on my list at 1st December and after I have mentioned a "poor" post by an orger during the month, it results in a list of about 5. I stroked Northerner off yesterday (settle down at the back, I am talking about my list) and, despite my efforts, the selfish sod did nothing to try to work his way back on (Oi, I'm still talking about the list you dirty minded lot!!)

I sent a card out to you yesterday but it came back undeliverable from somebody called WiFi and another person called Whiffy. Gee, Posties eh? You just can't get the staff!!

scorrie
13-Dec-08, 03:16
:(:( Oh no not bad rep. Forgive me oh mighty bird for the slip-up. I will even double-sided-tape my lug for you.

Sorry Venture, single-sided tape only. Lug Me Tender and all that eh?

Van Gogh and Mick Hucknall "Holding Back The Ears"

Getting back to the title of the thread, anyone up for a carol singing reworking of Amen Corner's :-

"Offend Me, Slate Me, any way you want me, long as you Love Me, It's all right"

hotrod4
13-Dec-08, 10:31
I personally think you only get out of it what you put in.
I have a list of nemesis' as long as my arm but I wouldnt have it any other way!!!:lol:
As long as you can distinguish reality from fiction then there shouldnt be a problem. Arguments is what makes the org go round, as long as you dont get too personal and can take it as well as dish it out then you are a winner in my eyes.
look at the guy above me for example!!!!! ;) We have had many run ins but I have respect for what he posts, its all banter and he knows I dont mean anything "personal" against him.He is but an IP address as we all are,and that is what some people seem to forget.Good to see he's posting again and good ole MM (guardian reader) has been set free from his incarceration!!!!
looking forward to some good ole fashioned ding dongs!!![lol]
Oh and teenybash I heard that you pull the legs off Daddylonglegs!!!!!!! lol

Fstevens
13-Dec-08, 20:44
Merry Christmas, peace ,love ,and happiness ,may they be the only things to cross your paths in 2009. Oh,:lol: and a dogs or two

wifie
13-Dec-08, 21:27
I personally think you only get out of it what you put in.
I have a list of nemesis' as long as my arm but I wouldnt have it any other way!!!
As long as you can distinguish reality from fiction then there shouldnt be a problem. Arguments is what makes the org go round, as long as you dont get too personal and can take it as well as dish it out then you are a winner in my eyes.
look at the guy above me for example!!!!! We have had many run ins but I have respect for what he posts, its all banter and he knows I dont mean anything "personal" against him.He is but an IP address as we all are,and that is what some people seem to forget.Good to see he's posting again and good ole MM (guardian reader) has been set free from his incarceration!!!!
looking forward to some good ole fashioned ding dongs!!!
Oh and teenybash I heard that you pull the legs off Daddylonglegs!!!!!!! lol

Blimey hotrod get it right! Nemeses is the plural of nemesis and what is with the aprostrophe? :roll: BTW I thought we had a pile of short orgers but then I realised that it was the list that was as long as yer arm and not the nemeses! ;)

balto
13-Dec-08, 21:48
well said justine.... you go girl lol.

hotrod4
13-Dec-08, 22:05
Blimey hotrod get it right! Nemeses is the plural of nemesis and what is with the aprostrophe? :roll: BTW I thought we had a pile of short orgers but then I realised that it was the list that was as long as yer arm and not the nemeses!
The gospel according to Hotrod dictates that the plural of nemesis is nemesis';) (well it is on my planet anyways)
Is that not right wifey!!!!![lol]

Kenn
13-Dec-08, 23:48
Err should n't that be the dictionary? Not that I'm pedantic he he

wifie
13-Dec-08, 23:50
The gospel according to Hotrod dictates that the plural of nemesis is nemesis';) (well it is on my planet anyways)
Is that not right wifey!!!!![lol]

Help ma bob I wouldn't know what planet yer on! [lol]

hotrod4
14-Dec-08, 07:49
Help ma bob I wouldn't know what planet yer on! [lol]
I am from many planets!.
resistance is futile!!!![lol]

trix
14-Dec-08, 14:11
aside fie 'e rep, i forgot til say ootloud aaldtimer - hev a nice weekend ;)

shakes hands an takes a seat in 'e corner....

Aaldtimer
14-Dec-08, 16:34
aside fie 'e rep, i forgot til say ootloud aaldtimer - hev a nice weekend ;)

shakes hands an takes a seat in 'e corner....

Thanks Trix, hope yours is a wee bit more exciting than mine. :)
I don't get out much these days!
' e pub's no 'e same if ye canna get a fag wi' yir pint!:(