PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting in the christmas spirit

changilass
11-Dec-08, 22:55
Finally got the christmas spirit.

Got a new (to us) bed base thanks to the power of the org and a very nice orger. Just in time for christmas visitors. Will have free heating as old bed base was solid wood (just have to set hubby to chopping it up).

Went into Tesco and had reason to ask staff for help and got service over and above the call of duty all 3 times.

Going to panto in Thurso tomorrow night and then will be putting up the tree on saturday.

Tomorrow will be spent making paper chains with the wee man ready to decorate.

All in all feeling happy.:D

Hope I aint the only one??

Bobinovich
12-Dec-08, 01:10
Despite ordering a few presents over the last month or so it's taken me a bit of time to get round to thinking Christmas thoughts.

Then heard today that a dear family friend of 30+ years had passed on which has sent me into a bit of a gloom again :(.

However, I'm off to Sneckie in the morning to see some friends I haven't seen in 6 years or so, and think I will get the tree up on Saturday - hopefully that will brighten my spirits back again.

lynne duncan
12-Dec-08, 21:21
i'm being thankful for my lot in life all the family (touch wood) are fine. xmas will be hopefully sorted in time and if not ach! well all the bairns pressies are sorted so the rest can be iou'd
dug out the xmas cd's so music is blaring out everywhere, kids are all singing carols as well as the hillhead concert this year is all traditional carols, emma and jack played silent night ( on the accordion and guitar) and sang at the same time it was lovely

just bought the turkey so he's in the freezer along with some stuffing
hopefully will finish writing cards tomorrow

so getting there slowly but can't wait until next friday when the school is done and we can start to relax in earnest

cuddlepop
12-Dec-08, 21:25
Christmas tree going up tomorrow.
Its snowed and covered the ground
been to Inverness and done some shopping but its still not feeling like christmas.

Someone very special missing this year......:~(

balto
12-Dec-08, 23:17
well trying to feel in the christmas spirit, what with 4 happy healthy kids excited about santa, well 3 are anyway the youngest is only 2 weeks s doesnt have a clue, got all my pressies but got nothing wrapped, not got a xmas card written yet, but i am going to get on with it tomorrow, just wish we knew shat was happening with woolies before xmas so i knew i still had a job, but hey ho whatever will be will be.