PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Cycling Club

gary.b
11-Dec-08, 21:26
Can anyone me what goes on with the Caithness Cycling Club, I've had a look at the website but couldn't get much info from it. I know they race and do time trials but I wondered what else they get up to.
Cheers
Gary

dragonfly
11-Dec-08, 21:45
mainly 10 mile time trials from April - Sept and organised race weekends but they also have Sunday morning club runs around the county; not much doing at this time of year though other than the club run - think they meet and leave from the clubhouse in Gerry Square about 9:30am

Contacts are here (http://www.caithnesscc.co.uk/Web%20Pages/contacts.htm) sure any one of them will be able to answer your queries :D

gary.b
11-Dec-08, 21:48
Thanks dragonfly.

dragonfly
11-Dec-08, 22:35
just remembered that they also have a mountain biking section within the club and they go out every so often Rumster, Golspie etc, Dave Hall runs that I think

There's one on this Sunday at Borgie (http://www.caithnesscc.co.uk/Archives/2008/MTB/mtb_winter_rides.htm)

gary.b
11-Dec-08, 22:42
Cheers for that, it's the road riding that I'm more interested in.

colin stoner
02-Jan-09, 23:28
hi, i'm part of the CTC. it meets every tuesday @ thurso cemetery at 6.35pm for a 7pm start. each rider is given a flourescent orange number from 1 - about 25, and each rider is set off in order one minute apart.

the route is five miles to the georgemas turnoff and back as fast as possible.

the fastest time is about 22 minutes - i started last june (i'm 17), my fastest time so far is 34 mins. under 30 and around 30 is a good time.

then once everyone is finished, we go back to the club rooms near the Bank of scotland and the times are read out. normally finish bout 8.30.

it's well worth it, find the email address on the CCC website and they'll help you too! :)

daviddd
07-Jan-09, 23:22
....every Tuesday from 8th April that is, until early September. There are usually between 10 and 20 riders for these summer '10's'. There are also 3 weekend race meetings per summer - see CCC website for full details. Cost to join CCC is £20 per year but check if it's what you want first. We're a very friendly and supportive group, and you can get plenty of good advice if you want to race. Some riders go south for the 'bigger' races too, including Scottish national events.