PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the fish.....

northener
11-Dec-08, 11:45
Time to move on. Had some good laughs on here, but I can't be bothered any more.

Goodbye.

Angela
11-Dec-08, 11:47
Noooooooooo! :~(:~(:~(

router
11-Dec-08, 11:48
take care northener and you will be somewhat missed

justine
11-Dec-08, 11:50
Goodbye northerner, sorry to see you go, but can understand why you are leaving.:(

Melancholy Man
11-Dec-08, 11:50
I'll tie you to the bed and break your ankles if that's what's required to keep you.

helenwyler
11-Dec-08, 12:25
I'll tie you to the bed and break your ankles if that's what's required to keep you.

I can do better than that. I'll tie you to the bed (ignoring your feigned protestations) and give you a good going over with a wet haddock. :D

Seriously N...lots of Orgers are feeling much the same...:roll:...but get your er$e back in here sometimes, just for us to have an occasional glimpse, and a laugh ;).

wndyndy
11-Dec-08, 12:30
goodbye, northerner

Gizmo
11-Dec-08, 13:42
Quick...someone lock the door...hehe ;)

silverfox57
11-Dec-08, 13:43
wish you all the best,had many a good laugh,hope you pop in
sometime,have a feeling your having us on .hope so.

Tighsonas4
11-Dec-08, 13:45
at least your saying your going northener but am surprised by the many more seem to have gone and just seem to have packed it in
i suppose everyone has their own reasons all the best from me anyway tony

telfordstar
11-Dec-08, 14:01
Sorry to hear your leaving northener. How come?

arana negra
11-Dec-08, 14:22
I don't know you northerner nor your reasons for saying you are going, all I know is that no matter which sites I have been on there comes a time when it no longer does what it used to do for you. Others come and go, the threads become stale, arguments abound, the same things are posted by new comers as were posted when you first joined, you begin to wonder what forums are all about and lots more. Then there is the time of year, the personal things going in your life or time/inclination etc etc

Whatever you are feeling right now I wish you hope and peace and all you would wish for in 2009

Val

Geo
11-Dec-08, 14:31

Don't be a misery! ;)

teenybash
11-Dec-08, 14:34
Sorry to see you go Northener...............your wit will be very missed.
Personally I put it down to that trip in the Mother Bin..........you've never been the same, it's been too much for you.
Seriously, Best wishes wherever you land and come and see us sometime.................:~(

Bad Manners
11-Dec-08, 14:47
It is sad to see anyone leave especially someone who has added numerous witty remarks and banter. what ever your reasons I hope it is so long for now and not goodbye for ever.
I hope you have a happy christmas and a good new year.
hope to see you back sometime

honey
11-Dec-08, 14:48
i dont know why you are leaving Northener, but i hope you change your mind.

all forums have their ups and downs, but i always say enjoy whats good, and dont even bother with the bad.. and you'll make the most of them.

scorrie
11-Dec-08, 15:18
Time to move on. Had some good laughs on here, but I can't be bothered any more.

Goodbye.

I know how you feel. I took a break from here, came back recently but it doesn't feel the same anymore. Too many seem to take offence at very little and there is a general lack of a sense of humour. Numerous good posters are no longer here, I think your departure would be a loss to the forum. All the best!!

wifie
11-Dec-08, 16:13
DON'T BE A DUFFER! [disgust] :~(

Anne x
11-Dec-08, 16:21
Dont go Northener where would we look for the Wit , Laughs and Wisdom

Venture
11-Dec-08, 17:11
I think you are up to something Northerner.......hopefully.;)

Alice in Blunderland
11-Dec-08, 17:58
I think he wants a farewell pressie............... :lol: :lol:

wifie
11-Dec-08, 18:00
How about a nice commemorative plate? [lol]

Anne x
11-Dec-08, 18:04
How about a nice commemorative plate? [lol]

Plate of Sardines and throw in a slice of Toast :lol:

Sapphire2803
11-Dec-08, 18:11
I can do better than that. I'll tie you to the bed (ignoring your feigned protestations) and give you a good going over with a wet haddock. :D

I think that's why he's gone. We all kept promising to slap him with various fish and nobody ever did.

Serves us right for being all mouth and no trousers (or fish for that matter)

:(

dessie
11-Dec-08, 18:19
take it easy northerner and have a Merry Christmas..and catch you in the new year,,,

helenwyler
11-Dec-08, 19:23
I think that's why he's gone. We all kept promising to slap him with various fish and nobody ever did.

Sapphire, you if anyone would know N's proclivities. Just 'cos you both repartee so well :lol:.

But I volunteer to assist you in being a cyber-fish-slapper. N's a self-confessed seeker of Mother-ships, a self-confessed fat b, and has done weird things with lampshades in the past. :eek: I confess I haven't slapped him nearly enough. Three Flailed Yorkshires coming up :D!

Melancholy Man
11-Dec-08, 19:46
I know how you feel. I took a break from here, came back recently but it doesn't feel the same anymore. Too many seem to take offence at very little and there is a general lack of a sense of humour.

Taking offence is a form of passive aggression. If a poster claims offence, it should be their responsibility to demonstrate it, not to receive the benefit of any doubt.

Venture
11-Dec-08, 20:21
Taking offence is a form of passive aggression. If a poster claims offence, it should be their responsibility to demonstrate it, not to receive the benefit of any doubt.

You seem to have made a recent comeback as well Melancholy Man, what was your reason for returning or leaving for that matter.

nellie
11-Dec-08, 20:32
Northerner what will we do without you?:~(:confused

LMS
11-Dec-08, 20:47
There are quite a few personalities on caithness.org - nosey, catty, morbid etc. etc. but few that can make me laugh out loud the way that Northerner does. Come on Northerner, don't let the fan club down, don't go!!! Who else can relate such witty tales as overtaking on Berriedale or icist remarks?

Sunshine
12-Dec-08, 00:03
:confused:~(:cry:Please please stay.What do I have to do to get you to stay?Life will have no meaning with-out you.http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon8.gif

Gizmo
12-Dec-08, 00:20
You seem to have made a recent comeback as well Melancholy Man, what was your reason for returning or leaving for that matter.

(adopts Davina Macall voice) Melancholy Man....You have been evicted from the Big Orger house.

Does that give you a clue? ;)

wifie
12-Dec-08, 15:19

Goodbye.

But can I still get yer autograph? Peace and Love mate! x

cd1977
12-Dec-08, 16:29
Can you not just stop posting instead of this melodramatic nonsense?

Dinna let the door hit your backside on the way out.

cuddlepop
12-Dec-08, 16:59
Another one bites the dust.:~(

AfternoonDelight
12-Dec-08, 17:02

Jeezo - there's always one, isn't there? :roll:

cd1977
12-Dec-08, 17:11
He's looking for a reaction, he got one.

Most folk would just stop posting.

Why go to the bother of starting a thread announcing your departure?

He must be a delicate flower.

AfternoonDelight
12-Dec-08, 17:13
It's nice to say goodbye - even if he was looking for a reaction, so what?

cd1977
12-Dec-08, 17:22
I look forward to the thread entitled "I have decided to start posting again" by Northener, a few months down the line :roll:

AfternoonDelight
12-Dec-08, 17:40
[lol][lol][lol]

Thumper
12-Dec-08, 18:25
I for one will miss Northener,he can be witty when he wants to be,to the point when needed to be! Its pathetic that the org has degenerated into a place where people come on just to upset and annoy others,IMO they must have really sad lives that they need to come onto here and do that :roll: Why cant people live and let live and just agree to disagree?Surley we all have enough "battles" in the real world without having to let them spill over on to here? x

mm1ii2aa3
12-Dec-08, 23:44
hope will see u backing here! all the best!

Goodbye.

catran
13-Dec-08, 22:58

Goodbye.

Yes Northerner have enjoyed your banter but as said I too think it is time to move on:lol:

rockchick
13-Dec-08, 23:05
Bye...and thanks for the fish...

unicorn
13-Dec-08, 23:22
Please don't give me fish :eek: I hate them, but sorry to see you go.:(

sandyr
13-Dec-08, 23:31
I agree with CD1977..... If you want to go, GO............ Don't look for praise or how we are going to miss so and so! I guess we are all different in our approach, and although there is a certain amount of 'biting' going on here, I put that down to pure immaturity and perhaps lack of a life!
I for one don't agree with some of the people's posts, and the way people are, BUT it does keep us in touch with 'our roots', and who would have missed the guy with 22 bricks on his Heed, or should that be Heid, and finding the webcams etc. And we are all individuals from all walks of life and ages.
I read most of the posts when I have time; I am retired so I don't have the time top post much, but I shall continue to listen...nearly quietly..in the background.

rockchick
13-Dec-08, 23:36
I agree with CD1977..... If you want to go, GO............
hence the "thanks for the fish" quote..from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

just Bye....

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

sandyr
13-Dec-08, 23:49
Tks. for the info.....Am kinda oot o' e loop. Bin gone a long time!!

Kenn
13-Dec-08, 23:54
Bin being the smart word. I reckon he's off in "The Mother Bin," makes me sad as I had designed a rather natty "Bat Bin," in the hope of a run off race!

Moira
14-Dec-08, 00:58
I reckon you're right Lizz. The poor lad has no' been richt since he last went into orbit in that awful wheely bin.

The chances are that he will find some way of picking up all the good vibes heading his way and be back amongst us soon. :D

sweetpea
14-Dec-08, 02:32

Goodbye.

Sorry to hear that.

Sapphire2803
14-Dec-08, 03:07

It's called common courtesy, letting those who are interested know that he won't be posting.
You are obviously not interested, so take your own advice when leaving the thread. :roll:

hotrod4
14-Dec-08, 07:51
It's called common courtesy, letting those who are interested know that he won't be posting.
You are obviously not interested, so take your own advice when leaving the thread. :roll:
So true.
At least he let people know he was going CD1977. If not then there would have been a "where is northerner" thread for you to complain about!!!![lol]
Damned if you do Damned if you dont.
Catch you later northern mannie, may all your fish be fillited!:lol:

Venture
14-Dec-08, 12:32
Talking about disappearing acts. What's happened to Rheghead?

ar1ling
14-Dec-08, 14:42
Actually,i am very shocked to read this, since i just joined in. I am still expecting of alot fun being an orger here, hoping to make some new friends as well. sorry to see you leaving, all the best!

Goodbye.

percy toboggan
14-Dec-08, 14:54
Er...why?
What have I missed ?
None of this matter overly much but
he was one of the best here.

Alice in Blunderland
14-Dec-08, 18:28

I was wondering the same thing. :confused

Sapphire2803
14-Dec-08, 19:03

I was wondering the same thing. :confused

I heard in Asda* that Green_Not_Greed and YWindy ambushed him on a dark and stormy night. He refused to retract his windfarm arguments and things got out of hand...

He is now buried under YWindy's patio.

He will be sadly missed :(

*Therefore it must be true

Kevin Milkins
15-Dec-08, 00:18
Flippin eck

I have only been out of town for five mins.!!!!!!!!!

Whats happened now?

anneoctober
15-Dec-08, 10:10

Lets hope for your sake it's nae a swing door.............[disgust]

Welcomefamily
15-Dec-08, 12:45
Having just returned from trawling the forums of the academia, to find such a post, what have I missed?? has someone dished the dirt on Northerner and he needs to make a quick exit?, or does his self esteem need a little boost? or does he just need a holiday?

Welcomefamily
15-Dec-08, 13:02
he can be witty when he wants to be,to the point when needed to be! Its pathetic that the org has degenerated into a place where people come on just to upset and annoy others, IMO they must have really sad lives that they need to come onto here and do that :roll: Why cant people live and let live and just agree to disagree?Surley we all have enough "battles" in the real world without having to let them spill over on to here? x

But a lot of people do lead sad deprived lives and their only way of expressing their internal anger that is bubbling up inside of them, (the result of years of unhealthy use of ego defences mechanisms to prevent their anxieties from overwhelming them (Freud)), is by expressing this anger through the opinions of their avators because they are unable to cope with the threatening reality of their own self. That is what we like about forums, we can hold views that come from the inner us that we can not normal expose to the "real world".
By the way I am not really Santa. best of luck Northerner but remember forums comments are made to web identity not to you. Dont have time to read all the posts.