PDA

View Full Version : Urban Legends..

elaine
29-Jan-06, 00:24
The other day, during a conversation at work this story came up:

"You'll never guess what happened to a friend of my mum last summer? Well she was on holiday in New York for the first time and it was a bit of a culture shock to say the least! She was having a great time but was very worried about guns and muggings etc. Anyway, one morning in her hotel, she was getting in the lift and couldn't believe it when the actor Eddie Murphy and two enormous body guards caught the door and shouted "Hit the ground maam!"
She promptly slammed onto the floor as fast as she could with her hands over her ears waiting for the gunfire to start and hoping for the best....

Well, of course they meant the ground floor button in the lift - d'oh!"

Now, maybe it's true (ahem) and maybe it's not but I quite like it anyway!

What are your favourite urban legends?

star
29-Jan-06, 00:39
That's actually a Billy Connely Joke he told it at one of his concerts, think it's on the Billy Connely 25BC video, sorry to shatter the illusion lol

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Jan-06, 00:43
Aye not bad elaine......

elaine
29-Jan-06, 00:57
That's actually a Billy Connely Joke he told it at one of his concerts, think it's on the Billy Connely 25BC video, sorry to shatter the illusion lol

ooohhhh wait until I see her!!! I'm surprised no one else twigged either. What a bunch of gullible idiots! heh heh

Ok, here's another one: An older lady was at her daughters house having a quick coffee before going to the docs. She was going for a smear, so nipped to the loo to freshen up and saw a bottle of fem-fresh - a couple of skooshes later and she was off.

Later on that day when she got home, she phoned her daughter and mentioned that she had used some of her spray - to her utter dismay her daughter told her that she did not own any fem-fresh and the only spray in the bathroom was body glitter. The doc was a friend of the family but had not said a word! Criiiiinge!

Now is that one commonly known as well? Or am I getting wound up left, right and centre?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Jan-06, 01:11
An urban legend I once heard was a man goes to stay with a friend.They have a few drinks and a good blether and then he goes up to sleep in the spare room.After a few minutes a cat jumps onto the bed and starts scratching the mans leg.He kicks out and the cat jumps off the bed. After a few minutes the cat comes back and starts scratching the man's leg again.The man kicks out and the cat leaves again.This goes on and on for the next hour and finally the man falls asleep.When he goes down the stairs the next morning his friend asks if he slept well.The man said 'not too bad except for your cat scratching me for the first hour'.The friend turns around and says 'My cats been dead for three years!'

star
29-Jan-06, 01:21
here's another one, a friend of my mothers, sisters aunty etc.... bought a plant from Marks and Spencers for her newly decorated bedroom, the plants leaves had turned brown and fallen off within a couple of days and she threw it in the bin, luckily this woman had paid for the plant by visa/switch/mastercard (delete as app) and the store had her address , to cut a long story short two men from the local zoo appeared at the women's door as a dead male black widow spider had been found in the aforementioned store, after searching the women's bedroom where the plant had been placed, they found a black widow spider in her duvet cover.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Jan-06, 01:43
My brother's friend's fiancee went into the Wick library to find the new novel by Dan Brown.There was the librarian speaking to a frog.The fiancee asks the librarian if the book is there.The librarian says 'it isn't in yet.'the frog says 'Read it!!!!!'

lasher
29-Jan-06, 05:25
Not sure if this is true! Guy went from lybster to wick on a bike in less than 6 minute's. don't think anyone has tried it since!! ( bike means motorbike by the way!);)

grantyg
29-Jan-06, 12:34
My brother's friend's fiancee went into the Wick library to find the new novel by Dan Brown.There was the librarian speaking to a frog.The fiancee asks the librarian if the book is there.The librarian says 'it isn't in yet.'the frog says 'Read it!!!!!'

But its when the libraian follows the frog out of the library and down the road where he goes up to a chicken that is sat saying Book Book!

grantyg
29-Jan-06, 12:36
Not sure if this is true! Guy went from lybster to wick on a bike in less than 6 minute's. don't think anyone has tried it since!! ( bike means motorbike by the way!);)

That sounds like the glasgow subway challenge

http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~craigm/challenge.shtml

rich62_uk
29-Jan-06, 23:46
OK I am assured by my brother in law this is true......

When he was in Australia many years ago he and a friend went swimming in the sea and they had been warned that sharks could be in the water, never mind they still went swimming, when suddenly his friend went down fast into the water ! Paul dived down to see what had happened and that was when he saw his friend in the mouth of a shark... Paul grabbed his friend and pulled with every bit of strength he had (which was a fair bit at the time as he had done some training with Arnold Swarz his face) and managed to set his friend free, he pulled his friend to the beach (no problem as he was a trained life guard) where they discovered his leg was missing, and a helicopter was called to take him to the hospital.

Now back at the beach they didn't give up, oh no, they searched high and low until they found that nasty shark and killed him, low and behold with Paul's assistance they cut him open and found the leg, then you guessed it they raced it to hospital and managed to sew it back on. Paul told us that he hardly limped. Trish.