PDA

View Full Version : Want to help?

Tugmistress
10-Dec-08, 23:02
Ok so i got a crack pot idea and i need a volunteer!

What i would like is someone in Thurso or Scrabster who has a bay view from their window willing to be given an IP camera and upload the images to the net to be published on my site, any volunteers if i can actually make it work???

if you don't want to answer on here, just pm me :)

EDDIE
12-Dec-08, 00:05

What i would like is someone in Thurso or Scrabster who has a bay view from their window willing to be given an IP camera and upload the images to the net to be published on my site, any volunteers if i can actually make it work???

So are u going to be willing to volunteer to pay for the volunteers line rental and broadband connection so u can have the luxury of having a view of thurso or scrabster bay streamed to your website for your gain ?

Tugmistress
12-Dec-08, 07:49
That is for private discussion between anyone thinking about volunteering and myself

Sapphire2803
12-Dec-08, 09:28

Great idea :D I only popped in to find out what the crackpot idea was :lol:
I'd volunteer, but I'm not in Thurso and my broadband connection is so poor it's laughable

So are u going to be willing to volunteer to pay for the volunteers line rental and broadband connection so u can have the luxury of having a view of thurso or scrabster bay streamed to your website for your gain ?

Ooh! Bah Humbug!
If someone has a decent broadband connection, they won't even notice the cam.

davie
12-Dec-08, 10:18
Of course you are right EDDIE !. Every time I see that poor demented Tugmistress arriving at work in her expensive 1995? rustbucket or her £3 motor bike and then loading trucks in the p p p p p pouring rain wearing her expensive designer boilersuit and Gucci hardhat I wonder where she is stashing the thousands she makes from her website every day ????.

I have the feeling its the wifie's hobby and actually costs her money - methinks you are a cynical old fool just like me

Tugmistress
12-Dec-08, 10:24
Of course you are right EDDIE !. Every time I see that poor demented Tugmistress arriving at work in her expensive 1995? rustbucket or her £3 motor bike and then loading trucks in the p p p p p pouring rain wearing her expensive designer boilersuit and Gucci hardhat I wonder where she is stashing the thousands she makes from her website every day ????.

I have the feeling its the wifie's hobby and actually costs her money - methinks you are a cynical old fool just like me

haha nice one davie ;) bit posher though - 1996 rustbucket please [lol] lol and yes you are quite right it does cost me but it's my hobby and i enjoy it :cool:

young_fishin_neep
12-Dec-08, 10:28
and dads got a 1997 :P his is all nice and clean and got a solid tyre cover and it less noisey, puts yours to shame :P

xxxxxxxxx

wifie
12-Dec-08, 10:44
Yay! Can we start a Tugs fan club now - like the Fran one on the other thread! Tugs is one of the nicest most helpful peeps you can meet! :D (Despite what Mik will probably come on and say!)

young_fishin_neep
12-Dec-08, 10:52
well i know her best and i aint got much bad things to say bout her, she really does love to help people out.

xxx

Venture
12-Dec-08, 10:54

Are you serious with this post?

I'm sure those who appreciate how helpful Tugs is with her weather forecasts, will be willing to help out if they can. I would offer Tugs but unless you want a view of my back garden 20 miles from Scrabster, I can't help you.:lol:

Venture
12-Dec-08, 10:59
Yay! Can we start a Tugs fan club now - like the Fran one on the other thread! Tugs is one of the nicest most helpful peeps you can meet! :D (Despite what Mik will probably come on and say!)

I agree wifie. And yes Sapphire there seem to be a lot of Bah Humbugs on the org of late. Must be the time of year for them.;)

poppett
12-Dec-08, 15:51
I would help if I could, but unless I had a periscope or knock down a block of four council houses then my view of the bay is limited to half way up the back garden.

Hope you do find someone willing to help you out.

EDDIE
12-Dec-08, 20:13
Are you serious with this post?

I'm sure those who appreciate how helpful Tugs is with her weather forecasts, will be willing to help out if they can. I would offer Tugs but unless you want a view of my back garden 20 miles from Scrabster, I can't help you.:lol:

yes i am if u want to no the weather forecast u can get that from any website or other source or even just look out the window and look at the sky.
i just think its a bit cheeky to ask someone to have a cam installed in there front window who on earth would want a web cam stuck in there window burning electric.
i dont no about anyone here but i wouldnt want to leave webcam on burning electricity if i wasnt at home or if i was sleeping what happens if it goes faulty and starts a fire whos responsible for the costs then

EDDIE
12-Dec-08, 20:15
That is for private discussion between anyone thinking about volunteering and myself

Im sorry but its not very private if your putting it on this message board is it.

EDDIE
12-Dec-08, 20:17

yes u maybey right there

Sapphire2803
12-Dec-08, 20:28
yes i am if u want to no the weather forecast u can get that from any website or other source or even just look out the window and look at the sky.
i just think its a bit cheeky to ask someone to have a cam installed in there front window who on earth would want a web cam stuck in there window burning electric.
i dont no about anyone here but i wouldnt want to leave webcam on burning electricity if i wasnt at home or if i was sleeping what happens if it goes faulty and starts a fire whos responsible for the costs then

Yeah webcams are well known for using copious amounts of electricity* and webcam fires are frequently the cause of death and destruction**

Take my advice mate, don't volunteer!

* NOT! **NOT!! and the idea is hysterically funny

Tugmistress
12-Dec-08, 21:06
Im sorry but its not very private if your putting it on this message board is it.

Yes it is private, this post was just asking if anyone wanted to volunteer, finer details are not for public message boards as i am sure you would be well aware if you had any common sense and at least a little knowledge of me.

go boil yer heed and when you wake up you might have some sense there :roll:

and thank you to everyone that has written sensible replies :)

sorry for the trouble.

Geo
12-Dec-08, 21:23

Tugs is consistently more accurate with her forecasts. A prime example is last weekend. The forecast said blizzards with heavy snowfall. I was coming back from Belfast to Caithness and it didn't look good for the journey. I asked Tugs who gave a totally different outlook, some rain more likely, which reassured me for the journey and she was spot on.

As to who would want an IP/web camera in their window if I lived in Scrabster I wouldn't mind helping Tugmistress out with the project at all.

Kodiak
12-Dec-08, 21:36
Yes it is private, this post was just asking if anyone wanted to volunteer, finer details are not for public message boards as i am sure you would be well aware if you had any common sense and at least a little knowledge of me.

go boil yer heed and when you wake up you might have some sense there :roll:

and thank you to everyone that has written sensible replies :)

sorry for the trouble.

Tugs you have caused NO TROUBLE at all. All I wish is that I still lived at the Lighthouse and you could have had your web cam there no Problem. I wish I could help but unfortunately I do not have a view of the Harbour now at all:(.

I for one will sign up for the Tugs Fan Club so put my name down.

EDDIE I can tell you you do Not Know what you are talking about. Forcasting the weather is not as simple as you think and that Tugs does a remarkable job with the accuracy of a Professional and in many cases better.

balto
12-Dec-08, 22:50
we are going to be moving shortly and the view over the bay from our upstairs bedrooms is really good, if i can help let me know, we wont be moving unto january some time.

Venture
12-Dec-08, 23:05
Well done to you balto for offering to help out Tugs.

As to you Eddie, as Tugs has said..go boil yer heid...TWICE.

Just for the record Tugs your forecast about the wind strength tonight was spot on. Its so strong here it managed to snap our village Christmas Tree in half.:(

Tugmistress
12-Dec-08, 23:15
Sorry about the xmas tree venture that's so sad :( hope it can be replaced as i don't think you can repair trees very well.

And yes thank you to those that have pm'd me, including Balto, your offers of help are very much appreciated :D

Venture
12-Dec-08, 23:25
Thanks Tugs. No definitely wont be repairable. 20ft of tree lying in a heap totally snapped in two. Shame after all the hard work putting it up. But we'll get another one and start again. I'll be needing a daily update on the forecasts after the next one goes up.:)

Tugmistress
12-Dec-08, 23:33
lol venture, no worries, i'll give you fair warning on here if i see anything coming your way and you may want to put up guide ropes lol :lol:

Venture
12-Dec-08, 23:44
lol venture, no worries, i'll give you fair warning on here if i see anything coming your way and you may want to put up guide ropes lol :lol:

We had six ropes on the tree, tied to stabs hammered about two feet into the ground..... and it still came down. Shows how strong the wind was.

Is the wind going to die down overnight Tugs.

purplelady
13-Dec-08, 00:00
Good luck in fiding some one i always love reading your posts and like others have said your predictions are normally better than any keep up yhe good work x

Dog-eared
13-Dec-08, 00:10
Hi Tuggs I've got your weather site bookmarked on all the PCs I use.
Its very handy having a local weather station, so I can see the weather trends ( ie pressure and wind direction ) as they happen.

A better webcam position would be great !
Good luck ! :D

Moira
13-Dec-08, 00:34
Best of luck in finding someone to help Tuggs. I would volunteer but, like Venture, I'm 20 miles away in the wrong direction overlooking fields. Nice for us but not much help to you.

Keep up the good work. :)

Mik.M.
13-Dec-08, 22:11
Yay! Can we start a Tugs fan club now - like the Fran one on the other thread! Tugs is one of the nicest most helpful peeps you can meet! :D (Despite what Mik will probably come on and say!)How very dare you Jockette!!!! Tuggs is a mate of the highest order,she can give out stick just as well as she can take it. I`m in the Tugmistress fan club. Even got several of her calenders for our friends down south. So ner nerdy ner ner!!!!

wifie
13-Dec-08, 23:18
How very dare you Jockette!!!! Tuggs is a mate of the highest order,she can give out stick just as well as she can take it. I`m in the Tugmistress fan club. Even got several of her calenders for our friends down south. So ner nerdy ner ner!!!!
Glad to hear it Lunduner! [lol]

Mik.M.
13-Dec-08, 23:21
Glad to hear it Lunduner! [lol]
South Londoner actually! XXXXX

wifie
13-Dec-08, 23:22

I do beg yer poodin! ;)

Aaldtimer
13-Dec-08, 23:28