PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

Tighsonas4
10-Dec-08, 13:52
we should spare a thought for those who no way can have a happy christmas
even the events of the last 24 hrs locally bears this out there many a home has a chair or chairs and only memories to sit in it
believe me i know tony
that said would wish you all each and every one a merry christmas tony

Fstevens
10-Dec-08, 14:12
Hi Tony.
How sad you have been there, When I lived in London we used to collect presents, and pay for a meal for these poor people. If you know where I could help out up here please let me know. Dove

justine
10-Dec-08, 14:18
Hi tony. would like to wish you and everyone you know and help a very merry christmas and may they know people will be thinking of them all .

keep up the good work.:lol:

Fran
11-Dec-08, 04:16
I feel very sad that so many people in caithness will be sitting alone at christmas. at least at new year we can go down to the street party and be with people.
I'm surprised no organisation gets a hall, eg boys brigade hall, and make a pile of invitations which can be handed to social work department who could post out to people on their own. A christmas dinner could then be made and all the folk would be together and have a good time and make new friends. I thought maybe the Salvation Army would do something similar. I know in England these parties are done for elderly and widows, widowers, disabled on their own at christmas.Even if a family took in just one person to their christmas dinner, there would be a lot of happy people who otherwise would have been lonely and sad.
I have noticed, that although we have collections for childrens christmas presents, like the MFR collection and for cats and dogs, there is no collection of presents to be given out to pensioners/disabled etc on their own. This used to be done by the rotary Club or round Table, and they would give out logs, but this seems to have stopped now which is a terrible shame. Even meals on wheels, who could provide a christmas dinner, has stopped the delivery service, which enabled people to have at least one visitor a day who could check they were ok.
I could go on and on but i wont, i better stop here!!!!

Valerie Campbell
11-Dec-08, 11:23
I love Christmas but it will always be a double edged sword for me as my Mum died on 10th December 2004 and her birthday was the 22nd December. But my children keep me going and it has become a bit easier but not a day goes by when I don't wish I could speak to her. That said, I know how much she enjoyed Christmas and I try and carry that on. My heart goes out to all those who find it a difficult time of year for whatever reasons.

Tighsonas4
11-Dec-08, 13:53
can appreciate what some thought i meant and where YOUR thoughts lie
but no matter if your surrounded by people the vacant chair i spoke of is always going to be there
as for helping someone else i can hardly help myself [lol] tony

unicorn
11-Dec-08, 14:07
I know that feeling well, my dad's birthday was christmas day and I lost him last year on the 4th January. It will be hard this year. Christmas must be so hard on those people who are alone.

trix
12-Dec-08, 00:35
i feel sad when i think o' ma auld manies an wifies who are on their own at christmas.....:(

cana speak too much aboot'ed cause i feel masel wellin up a bit...

merry christmas til ye an yers tony, dorrie is askin for ye ;)

Tighsonas4
12-Dec-08, 20:34
i feel sad when i think o' ma auld manies an wifies who are on their own at christmas.....:(

cana speak too much aboot'ed cause i feel masel wellin up a bit...

merry christmas til ye an yers tony, dorrie is askin for ye ;)
thanks for at kid an e same til yer sel maybe e can mind on me when im an owld mannie [lol] tony

trix
12-Dec-08, 21:43
thanks for at kid an e same til yer sel maybe e can mind on me when im an owld mannie [lol] tony

'when' yer an auld manie tony, il be ayre for ye.....wi ma cloot, toole an o' course a nip o' whiskey ;)

sweetpea
13-Dec-08, 01:46
Good tidings tony:D