PDA

View Full Version : Beware of P.O. charges

trinkie
09-Dec-08, 19:16
If you get a post card left through your letter box, by the Postman, telling you he was unable to deliver a certain item, beware!
It is most likely a slightly larger Christmas Card which did not have the right stamp put on it! I had to pay £1.15 for such a card today, and there were several others in the queue waiting for the same reason !

The man at the Post Office said it's causing such a problem this year !
Check the size of cards you are sending too !!

Thumper
09-Dec-08, 19:24
I had the same thing happen to me last year,three times!Also would like to remind people not to send money in cards,I recieved a card today and the envelope had been sliced open neatly across the top,as though it had been opened and looked into!Its not torn or anything,just a nice neat slice :eek: x

silverfox57
09-Dec-08, 19:48
oh had to pay £1.15 at post office today as they had letter with no
stamp on it.once oh paid for it ,postman said thats a costly xmas card.
so much for xmas cheer in post office.

Lavenderblue2
09-Dec-08, 20:28
Thank you for a timely warning Trinkie. :)

I still have the size chart issued to us by the PO when they started this confounded large letter business - I used it last night whilst putting my stamps on. I had bought six Christmas large letter stamps but as it was I only had to use one of them, it can be quite confusing. :confused

I am eternally grateful that we don't have to wet or lick stamps anymore. Before the self stick I would have had a damp flannel beside me to stick rather than lick the stamp - yuk!!

forevera123
09-Dec-08, 20:50
i think i will pay for the stamp on the post office counter, if the staff check for me how much is the postage going to cost,then there won't be any mistakes! :D

If you get a post card left through your letter box, by the Postman, telling you he was unable to deliver a certain item, beware!
It is most likely a slightly larger Christmas Card which did not have the right stamp put on it! I had to pay £1.15 for such a card today, and there were several others in the queue waiting for the same reason !

The man at the Post Office said it's causing such a problem this year !
Check the size of cards you are sending too !!

poppett
09-Dec-08, 23:41
Had two identical cards at the PO and the rates were different. One address had three lines, the other six, so the extra postage was put down to the weight of the ink!!

Good service though, even the second class parcels arrived the following day.

Just a pity we seem to get mail on alternate days between four and five pm these days.