PDA

View Full Version : lots of vintage cars..

Tam 2000
09-Dec-08, 12:10
We saw lots of old vintage cars passing our house at Canisbay with stickers,can any one tell us what this is about,please?

Anne x
09-Dec-08, 12:19
It will be Le Jog Lands End to JOG it happens every 2 yrs I think they usually are in Caithness for 2 days well thats the way it was in previous years

Bad Manners
09-Dec-08, 12:24
I noticed whilst in Wick this morning that as well as the vintage cars there was also a vintage plane flying around quite low I am unsure of what it was maybe a spitfire or a hurricane no doubt someone will put me right as to what it is. makes a lovely noise though.

Anji
09-Dec-08, 14:49
I'm glad you asked, Tam 2000. I saw a lot of vintage cars on the Wick-JOG road this morning. Some of them were open topped, and I was wondering how on earth they were managing to keep warm.

over-the-ord
09-Dec-08, 22:25
must be the same ones parked outside the mackay hotel tonight!

some with no tops on, hope it doesnt rain too much tonight, or there will be some wet bums in the morning [lol]

Anne x
10-Dec-08, 00:24
must be the same ones parked outside the mackay hotel tonight!

some with no tops on, hope it doesnt rain too much tonight, or there will be some wet bums in the morning [lol]

They are a hardy bunch believe me and long term road users and Car lovers

embow
10-Dec-08, 08:00
It is the Annual Land's End -JOG rally which traditionally takes place on the first Monday/Tuesday in December. They are a week later this year for no known reason. They arrive in the county overnight and take breakfast in the Portland Arms anytime from 5am onwards. They are in the county for a day and have a presentation of trophies in Mackay's in the evening. Wednesday is 'make your own way back south to wherever you've come from' day.:)