PDA

View Full Version : Lost a key?

Fran
09-Dec-08, 05:20
Have you lost a door key on a key ring in Wick cemetry today or earlier, or know anyone who has. If so please contact me.

shin chan
09-Dec-08, 17:07
If I had lost a key I would be going to the Police station to see if it had been handed in not checking to see if someone on caithness.org has got it, has it could be belong to somebody not from Wick.

hails4
09-Dec-08, 17:09
If I had lost a key I would be going to the Police station to see if it had been handed in not checking to see if someone on caithness.org has got it, has it could be belong to somebody not from Wick.

Think frans intentions are good and not everybody will think about going to the police straight away. Frans just using a public domain and will ask the same questions the police ask.

shin chan
09-Dec-08, 17:57
All I am saying that lost property should be handed into the Police and not advertised here as I go to Wick cementary and I dont live in wick so if I lost my keys i would go to the Police station to see if they had been handed in.

golach
09-Dec-08, 20:20
All I am saying that lost property should be handed into the Police and not advertised here as I go to Wick cementary and I dont live in wick so if I lost my keys i would go to the Police station to see if they had been handed in.
Who said that Fran had not already done that, handed the keys in to the Police, but was only widening the amount of people who can see that a bunch of keys were found in the first place.

TBH
09-Dec-08, 21:14
If I had lost a key I would be going to the Police station to see if it had been handed in not checking to see if someone on caithness.org has got it, has it could be belong to somebody not from Wick.Wind yer neck in Shin Chan, not many would give a damn if they saw a key lying somewhere let alone hand it in to the police or ask about it on C.Org. Give the woman some credit for trying to do the right thing.

Geo
09-Dec-08, 21:49

How do you know Fran hasn't handed it in? Or wasn't able to today but got the ball rolling on here. Also you are assuming the owner of the key knows it is lost. I can easily see a scenario whereby someone could lose the key without realising then see Fran's post.

Alice in Blunderland
09-Dec-08, 22:46

Pray tell me where is this place :lol: .................

On a more serious note Fran only asked the person to get in contact with her. As I posted on another thread Fran has a heart of gold and goes out of her way to help others.

I dont normally get wound up on the org but for heavens sake some folk could pick a fight with thier shadow. :eek:

Fran keep up the good work in always trying to do your best for others. :D

domino
09-Dec-08, 23:15
TBH
My sentiments entirely!!!

_Ju_
09-Dec-08, 23:17

The good old org...the names change a little, but some things are as predictable as sunrise, as is this response to Frans good intentions.

<Sigh> Once upon a time a lassegie, per chance by the name of _Ju_ found a certain garment bag in the burough of Wick ( http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=39009 ). When she did not go IMMEDIATELY to the police to hand over the found goods, and chose to post her find on here untill she could had over the goods to the police, she was crucified. Yet before she had a chance to go to said police station (within 48 hours!), the owners had made themselves known and were happily reunited with the lost garment.............. a year later exactly the same..........except it is now a key.

KCI
09-Dec-08, 23:19
What a fuss about nothing!

OK - Fran found a key.
She told everyone on Caithness.org to contact her.
All Shin Chan is saying is that it might be an idea to hand it in to the police station, as not everyone has internet access, so may not see Fran's post.
We don't know if Fran has handed the key into the police station, as she just says to contact her.
Shin Chan just made a suggestion. :eek:

TBH
09-Dec-08, 23:33
What a fuss about nothing!

OK - Fran found a key.
She told everyone on Caithness.org to contact her.
All Shin Chan is saying is that it might be an idea to hand it in to the police station, as not everyone has internet access, so may not see Fran's post.
We don't know if Fran has handed the key into the police station, as she just says to contact her.
Shin Chan just made a suggestion. :eek:You gleaned all that from shin chan's post? You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din because I thought that Shin Chan was doing nothing more than having a go at Fran for no other reason than He/She could.

Fran
10-Dec-08, 02:21
Oooh dear. I was in the cemetry, saw a key and key ring on a nearby gravestone, took it in to the police station on the way home and then put it on here incase an orger had lost it.
Today I lost my credit card, phoned every shop and garage I have been into recently, and lastly phoned Tesco and there it was. If I had seen it on here, it would have saved me a lot of time.

TBH
10-Dec-08, 02:25
Oooh dear. I was in the cemetry, saw a key and key ring on a nearby gravestone, took it in to the police station on the way home and then put it on here incase an orger had lost it.
Today I lost my credit card, phoned every shop and garage I have been into recently, and lastly phoned Tesco and there it was. If I had seen it on here, it would have saved me a lot of time.Fran, do not let anyone put you off. You did what you thought was right and like the decent person you are, you posted it on here.

Fran
10-Dec-08, 02:26

But.....if you had seen it here you would know where your key is, which you wouldnt have done otherwise and i could have arranged to get it sent from the police station to you in edinburgh. See what i mean.

golach
10-Dec-08, 09:01
Fran, do not let anyone put you off. You did what you thought was right and like the decent person you are, you posted it on here.
Totally agree with you here TBH, Fran if there were a few more like you on the Org, it would be a far better place.

nellie
10-Dec-08, 09:18

Ignore Fran,some people have small minds.its nice to see there is still kind people in this hard world[lol]

Kevin Milkins
10-Dec-08, 09:41
I think I may have posted on here before that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.:confused

The interweb is a wonderfull thing though. I am visiting my grandchildren in Exeter and I can still keep up with the saga of the missing key.:Razz

Venture
10-Dec-08, 10:16

Maybe you should have checked with Fran first before assuming that she hadn't handed them in to the Police station. I for one think it was very thoughtful of her to post it on here. Typical of Fran as a matter of fact. Always trying to help others. I think an apology from you is in order here and try and think before you post next time.

poppett
10-Dec-08, 11:48
I was always taught it is better to mention something twice than not mention it at all.

Thank you Fran, for doing the right thing and handing in the key, but more importantly, keeping us posted!

pat
10-Dec-08, 15:05
Well done Fran - hope the person knows where they left it or one of their relations notices the 'key' on here and it can then be returned to owner.

wifie
10-Dec-08, 15:32
You are obviously a helpful caring person - making the world a better place never mind the Org! :)

scorrie
10-Dec-08, 15:41
"Originally Posted by shin chan

Wick cementary"

Pray tell me where is this place :lol: .................

On a more serious note Fran only asked the person to get in contact with her. As I posted on another thread Fran has a heart of gold and goes out of her way to help others.

I dont normally get wound up on the org but for heavens sake some folk could pick a fight with thier shadow.

Fran keep up the good working in always trying to do your best for others. :D

Perhaps shin chan was merely looking for more CONCRETE evidence that Fran had done the right thing ;)

The more advertising of a missing item, the better I would say. Thanks for taking the time to post Fran, they might have been MY keys and I would have appreciated the alert.

Alice in Blunderland
10-Dec-08, 15:48
Perhaps shin chan was merely looking for more CONCRETE evidence that Fran had done the right thing ;)

The more advertising of a missing item, the better I would say. Thanks for taking the time to post Fran, they might have been MY keys and I would have appreciated the alert.

Oh clever I never thought of concrete evidence..................:lol:

Well they werent my keys because I used all the concrete I needed when building this house in the summer so no need to visit a cementary any more ...............;)

Hey Fran nice chrissie card for Alice #1 supporter here unless anyone wants to argue on that.

binbob
10-Dec-08, 16:47
UNBELEIVABLE...............what a waste of space.[disgust]

Venture
10-Dec-08, 17:44
UNBELEIVABLE...............what a waste of space.[disgust]

So who is UNBELIEVABLE and a waste of space then binbob.:confused

wifie
10-Dec-08, 18:09
There are often posts on here from people accusing others of bullying! A few Orgers show some support for someone and there are still moaners! [disgust] THAT is what is unbelievable!

Venture
10-Dec-08, 18:28
There are often posts on here from people accusing others of bullying! A few Orgers show some support for someone and there are still moaners! [disgust] THAT is what is unbelievable!

Aye. You're spot on there wifie.;)

Tighsonas4
10-Dec-08, 18:35
seems to me the spirit of christmas hasnt fully arrived yet
never read it all as she only found a key in the cemetery tony

wndyndy
10-Dec-08, 19:02
Fran, what you did is right! you are such a nice person!:)

Today I lost my credit card, phoned every shop and garage I have been into recently, and lastly phoned Tesco and there it was. If I had seen it on here, it would have saved me a lot of time.

binbob
10-Dec-08, 19:46

one finds a key...
one takes key to police station
one then post details on org.....well done...
end of story.
is there any real need for this amount of postings about such a subject???
i do not think so.
as i said ...UNBELEIVABLE!![disgust]

parkie
10-Dec-08, 19:55
merry xmas:confused

binbob
10-Dec-08, 20:24
merry xmas:confused

and to u and urs also...:Razz

binbob
10-Dec-08, 20:25
seems to me the spirit of christmas hasnt fully arrived yet
never read it all as she only found a key in the cemetery tony

does it ever arrive??????[lol]

binbob
10-Dec-08, 20:28

so many moaners...so many....i am neither supporting or not supporting...just can not beleive that so many have time to reply to this.
merry christmas.:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
10-Dec-08, 21:41
so many moaners...so many....i am neither supporting or not supporting...just can not beleive that so many have time to reply to this.
merry christmas.:lol:

Erm pot, kettle, black are three words that spring to mind .............:lol:

Merry Christmas ....................... ;)

binbob
10-Dec-08, 23:55
Erm pot, kettle, black are three words that spring to mind .............:lol:

Merry Christmas ....................... ;)

thank u so much..same to u..[lol]

Julia
11-Dec-08, 00:50
Good for you Fran, it's just a pity the firing squad have itchy trigger fingers! :eek: These days it takes less and less to get 'shot' down on e' org!

Fran
18-Dec-08, 04:10
AAhhhh thanks for all your nice comments!!

rockchick
18-Dec-08, 14:58
Course, it does serve to keep the thread at the top