PDA

View Full Version : bank of scotland (wick)

paddy
08-Dec-08, 19:54
does anyone know why the bank of scotland is closed and when it will be open again?

highlander2222
08-Dec-08, 20:45
Day off today open tomorrow.

floyed
08-Dec-08, 21:17
There was a sign on the door saying closed due to unforseen circumstances:(

sweep
08-Dec-08, 21:49
staff had flu so bank closed .

purplelady
08-Dec-08, 23:03
What all of them lol

Moira
08-Dec-08, 23:10
What all of them lol

There are not many frontline staff left in either of the Wick/Thurso Branches. It wouldn't be too difficult to understand that the flu' bug had struck them all down at the same time.

Beat Bug
08-Dec-08, 23:14
RBS in Lybster was also closed! No notice as to why.

2little2late
09-Dec-08, 01:03
Perhaps it was a public holiday.

wifie
09-Dec-08, 01:04
Why all this pointless speculation - go get the info from the horses mouth! Pick up the phone and ask the relevant Bank!

TBH
09-Dec-08, 01:10
Why all this pointless speculation - go get the info from the horses mouth! Pick up the phone and ask the relevant Bank!Dam, you are so sensible when you are riled.:D

forevera123
09-Dec-08, 01:13
hope all the staff will get over the flu,and bank will open soon!

MadPict
09-Dec-08, 01:17
So that explains it - I go online to check my statements and next thing I have a streaming cold - thanks BOS.....

Gizmo
09-Dec-08, 01:41
Well i heard from a guy who knows a guy that knows a girl whose boyfriends sister in law works with the aunt of one of the staff that it's been taken over by Pizza Hut, so it was closed for staff training ;)

changilass
09-Dec-08, 01:44
I hope you got that confirmed by the neighbours dogs breeders brother in law. Wouldnt do to speculate

wifie
09-Dec-08, 01:48
Well i heard from a guy who knows a guy that knows a girl whose boyfriends sister in law works with the aunt of one of the staff that it's been taken over by Pizza Hut, so it was closed for staff training ;)

I hope you got that confirmed by the neighbours dogs breeders brother in law. Wouldnt do to speculate
I do hope you two are not takin the michael! [disgust] :Razz

changilass
09-Dec-08, 01:51
You mean to say Micheal knows all about it too?? or was it him as started the rumour in the first place??

TBH
09-Dec-08, 01:51
I do hope you two are not takin the michael! [disgust] :Razz
I heard it in Asda so it must be true.

wifie
09-Dec-08, 02:03
I heard it in Asda so it must be true.
Would it not be truer if it was in Tesco - every little helps you know! :Razz

ar1ling
09-Dec-08, 02:04
just hope the reasons that the bank closed today as simple as what your guys said above" close for training new staff" or "close because the frontline staff got flu":D

wifie
09-Dec-08, 02:11
just hope the reasons that the bank closed today as simple as what your guys said above" close for training new staff" or "close because the frontline staff got flu":D
I would wait 'til 9am and give a wee call to head office! If anyone finds out for heaven's sake post it on here - then we can all get on with life! ;)

ar1ling
09-Dec-08, 02:57
I would wait 'til 9am and give a wee call to head office! If anyone finds out for heaven's sake post it on here - then we can all get on with life! ;)
no matter what you will find out after you call the head office tomorrow, please leave a message here, then we can move on with life

wifie
09-Dec-08, 02:59
no matter what you will find out after you call the head office tomorrow, please leave a message here, then we can move on with life
Are you sure trix isn't right - is that not what I just suggested? :confused [lol]

northener
09-Dec-08, 13:58
So that explains it - I go online to check my statements and next thing I have a streaming cold - thanks BOS.....

Yup, you've got a computer virus........

Sapphire2803
09-Dec-08, 21:02
Yup, you've got a computer virus........

*Groan* :roll:

:lol:

Moira
09-Dec-08, 22:51

Yes MadPict, you'd best sit well back from the screen from now on. I was in the Wick Branch of BoS today and made sure that my scarf was covering the bottom part of my face to protect me from the 'flu bug which was responsible for the Branch closure yesterday.

It's a pity I couldn't have used the same method a few months back to protect my investments. :lol:

Incidentally, does anyone know how many negatives make a positive, in banking terms?

golach
09-Dec-08, 22:55
I was in the Wick Branch of BoS today and made sure that my scarf was covering the bottom part of my face to protect me from the 'flu bug which was responsible for the Branch closure yesterday.

Wow Moira, are you the modern day Bonnie of Bonnie and Clyde? Going into a bank with your face covered, just to make a withdrawal [lol]

wifie
09-Dec-08, 22:57
I was in the Wick Branch of BoS today and made sure that my scarf was covering the bottom part of my face

Did they not ask you to remove it so you could be seen on the CCTV? ;)

Moira
09-Dec-08, 23:04
Wow Moira, are you the modern day Bonnie of Bonnie and Clyde? Going into a bank with your face covered, just to make a withdrawal [lol]

Lol Golach, they're always glad to see me. I don't have anything to withdraw - I just keep paying in what I can manage :lol:

Moira
09-Dec-08, 23:09
Did they not ask you to remove it so you could be seen on the CCTV? ;)

Sorry wifie, I missed your post there, but I'll answer your question now.

No of course they didn't - we've obviously never met. ;)