PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember your dreams ?

Iffy
08-Dec-08, 17:17
Just curious as to who has similar dreams like mine?

Practically EVERY night I have such realistic dreams that it's now got to the point that I'm getting fed up with them !!

Reason being that they are SO graphic in detail that I can't even begin to explain them to my friends/family !!! I've thoroughly enjoyed them, this is why I want to share them !!!

To give a rough example - I've seen buildings that are so ornate and huge they almost seem scary, but the brick work is totally exquisite and almost looks like pre- Roman times. I've stood on cliff faces that would put The Gibraltar Rock to shame !!!

I wonder if any one else on the ORG have dreams that they remember so vividly, or have any explanation as to why some of us recall our dreams and maybe some don't.

Personally I could write a book on all my dream subjects - except I can NEVER describe them as they "really were" .......:confused

wifie
08-Dec-08, 17:22
I may be wrong but I think it depends at what stage of sleep you wake whether you remember your dreams or not! Your's sound amazing - shame you are getting fed up with them tho. I often remember a dream but sometimes only when something happens the next day which jogs my memory of it! I have woken from dreams which were amazingly realistic and I have to work out that I am really not in the dream! If I am having a good dream and get woken up I can often go back to it like turning on a film! :)

gardenergirl
08-Dec-08, 17:46
I hardly ever get really vivid good dreams, or I don't remember many of them if I do. The bad ones are way more frequent, and usually involve me being chased, people I love dying (horrible), or I've done something terrible and am on the brink of being caught. I'm jealous that you get such good ones!

honey
08-Dec-08, 18:06
i think if i put my dreams on paper, i could give Anne Rice or Stephen King a run for their money!! :lol:

trix
08-Dec-08, 19:37

Practically EVERY night I have such realistic dreams that it's now got to the point that I'm getting fed up with them !!

Reason being that they are SO graphic in detail that I can't even begin to explain them to my friends/family !!! I've thoroughly enjoyed them, this is why I want to share them !!!

To give a rough example - I've seen buildings that are so ornate and huge they almost seem scary, but the brick work is totally exquisite and almost looks like pre- Roman times. I've stood on cliff faces that would put The Gibraltar Rock to shame !!!

I wonder if any one else on the ORG have dreams that they remember so vividly, or have any explanation as to why some of us recall our dreams and maybe some don't.

Personally I could write a book on all my dream subjects - except I can NEVER describe them as they "really were" .......:confused

hey iffy, yer probly astro travellin til 'e ither side - 'home'

ye can travel 'home' for different reasons. alot o' people go 'home' when they are anxioius or stressed, worried aboot somethin or choost need some comfortin.

sometimes if life is great then ye can make frequent trips in yer sleep also, its cause ye want til share yer guid fortune wi yer friends, yer soul mates.

ye enjoy yer dreams an if yer lookin for some books on 'e subject let me ken, i hev a few i can recommend.

i widna worry, if yer stressed then meditate, if yer happy then...well...choost be happy an enjoy yer trips 'home'.

if ever ye want til stop hevin these dreams then choost tell yersel before ye go til yer beid that ye da want til mind anymore.

i did 'iss but got bored an missed them...now i regularly enjoy trips 'home' ;)

teenybash
08-Dec-08, 23:13
Dream time allows us to enter the mansions of our soul..................enjoy your times meandering through them..............:)

Errogie
08-Dec-08, 23:23
I dream almost every night and usually enjoy them and may not want to wake up and even producing an original idea like a recent one that I had to sit down and to compose a song to register Loch Ness in the public consciousness in something like the way Loch Lomond does!

Occasionally it's possible to connect with a recent event but most of the time its a lot like giving a random shake to a kaleidoscope and anything at all seems to pop up.

TBH
08-Dec-08, 23:50
hey iffy, yer probly astro travellin til 'e ither side - 'home'

ye can travel 'home' for different reasons. alot o' people go 'home' when they are anxioius or stressed, worried aboot somethin or choost need some comfortin.

sometimes if life is great then ye can make frequent trips in yer sleep also, its cause ye want til share yer guid fortune wi yer friends, yer soul mates.

ye enjoy yer dreams an if yer lookin for some books on 'e subject let me ken, i hev a few i can recommend.

i widna worry, if yer stressed then meditate, if yer happy then...well...choost be happy an enjoy yer trips 'home'.

if ever ye want til stop hevin these dreams then choost tell yersel before ye go til yer beid that ye da want til mind anymore.

i did 'iss but got bored an missed them...now i regularly enjoy trips 'home' ;)
Nae chance Trix, Iffy has probably eaten too much Edam or Baby Bel before bed.

wifie
08-Dec-08, 23:51
Nae chance Trix, Iffy has probably eaten too much Edam or Baby Bel before bed.
Is that not an owld wives tale? ;)

TBH
08-Dec-08, 23:57
Is that not an owld wives tale? ;)
No, it is true, something about cheese stimulating the neuron receptors in the brain.

purplelady
09-Dec-08, 00:00
i do remeber some dreams but normally the ones i do not want to had a reacuriing dream for a while where i died and did not get the chance to say goodbye to my boyfriend and tell him how much I loved him was horrible i managed to tell rest of my loved ones think it may be to do with him being so far away from me that caused it not sure have also had dreams taht have related to things that happen sometimes few days later or when i wake up see it on the news not lately have to say and they are strange dreams can tell you x

George Brims
09-Dec-08, 00:07
Don't just remember your dreams, follow them!*

*Except that one where you're running for the school bus, and you can't catch it, even though it never quite gets out of sight, then you realise you forgot to put on your trousers.

wndyndy
09-Dec-08, 00:24
i have so much nightmare, alot of nights i even woke up by the scary dreams. Iffy, you are better than me![

reddevil
09-Dec-08, 00:58

dreams are important,with great meaning,but you have to be more accurate,like are you touching the wall,was it cold,was it at night or day there is a lot to consider,so sorry i have a lot of time to read into dreams and love doing so.

TBH
09-Dec-08, 01:09
dreams are important,with great meaning,but you have to be more accurate,like are you touching the wall,was it cold,was it at night or day there is a lot to consider,so sorry i have a lot of time to read into dreams and love doing so.
I think it's a load of rubbish. Dreaming of various things apparently mean something but what do you dream about if you have never seen or heard of these animals, objects, etc?

wifie
09-Dec-08, 01:22
I think it's a load of rubbish. Dreaming of various things apparently mean something but what do you dream about if you have never seen or heard of these animals, objects, etc?
Don't necessarily believe in the "meaning" of dreams but I do believe they perform some psychological purpose - you dream to work stuff out in yer subconcious! They are important and happen for a reason! Do you not dream TBH?

forevera123
09-Dec-08, 01:33
a few years ago, i always had a same dream that i was flying on top of the high buildings in the sky. i don't dream it now, but that dream was so vividly that i could remember it forever:D

TBH
09-Dec-08, 02:00
Don't necessarily believe in the "meaning" of dreams but I do believe they perform some psychological purpose - you dream to work stuff out in yer subconcious! They are important and happen for a reason! Do you not dream TBH?Yes I believe that dreams have a psychological benefit, i.e, making sense of all the crap thatr goes on in our lives but I don't believe all these char;latans that think they can make head or tale of our dreams. They are full of rubbish in my opinion.
The only thing that can understand our dream is our own brain.

ar1ling
09-Dec-08, 02:14
there were a few dreams that cost me alot. hev u ever heard that when u dream of alot money, then you will lose alot in reality?

Well,no matter you believe or not? it happened to me. there were a few times that i dreamed of picking many tenners and twenty poud notes from a quiet cornor in the street,the second day when i woke up, i always lost my new mobie phone, my newly bought digital camera,or some other valuable things.:(

Anne x
09-Dec-08, 02:16
I Dream and Love it and can remember in the morning some of it although a bit hazy
I believe it is our subconscious minds wishing for something or what we have lost in the past and wanting to go back to that particular time place etc
who knows but they bring me comfort and joy for a short time and thinking its real makes it real for a while then to wake up to the reality of the situation Not so good

wifie
09-Dec-08, 02:29
I Dream and Love it and can remember in the morning some of it although a bit hazy
I believe it is our subconscious minds wishing for something or what we have lost in the past and wanting to go back to that particular time place etc
who knows but they bring me comfort and joy for a short time and thinking its real makes it real for a while then to wake up to the reality of the situation Not so good
Yer right anne is magical when you are in the dream and for a split second when you awake you are still happy - but then . . . . .

trix
09-Dec-08, 02:31
the second day when i woke up, i always lost my new mobie phone, my newly bought digital camera,or some other valuable things.:(

take less drink :Razz

wifie
09-Dec-08, 02:36
That kinda contradicts yer first post on this thread trix! [lol] ;)

trix
09-Dec-08, 02:37
That kinda contradicts yer first post on this thread trix! [lol] ;)

laffin ma a** off [lol]

Anne x
09-Dec-08, 02:40
LOL and you to wifie If its a good dream I hate waking up then like all life we have reality Shame really

wifie
09-Dec-08, 02:43
LOL and you to wifie If its a good dream I hate waking up then like all life we have reality Shame really
Here missus what are you insinuating? I am as sober as a judge! :eek:

ar1ling
09-Dec-08, 02:46
i have never been drunk.

Anne x
09-Dec-08, 02:49
Here missus what are you insinuating? I am as sober as a judge! :eek:

Lol No I was agreeing with your post but you know how illeterate I am and cant multi quote lol

wifie
09-Dec-08, 03:01
Lol No I was agreeing with your post but you know how illeterate I am and cant multi quote lol

Hahaha anne yer cool! [lol]

Anne x
09-Dec-08, 03:06
Hahaha anne yer cool! [lol]

Aye for "One night Only" appearing on the stage of Baltic Aberdeenshire [lol]
this place is much colder than Caithness [lol]

Fran
09-Dec-08, 04:39
Iffy, maybe you are clairvoyant and can see things that most people, can't.

honey
09-Dec-08, 09:56
i beleive dreams do have meanings, but you have to take into consideration the person and their circumstances too..

last night i dreamt of vampires.. but i would look at the dream interpretation if it to closely... cos i have just finished a really good vampire book!!

however, i do think that your worries and fears can be represented in dreams.. they dont tell the future, just help you look a bit closer at what is going on in your subconscious

Iffy
09-Dec-08, 12:38
Hi Everybody,

Thats loads of very interesting theories !! Thanks for that !

I DO enjoy my dreams, just find it SO frustrating that I can never explain them well enough to someone, to make them realise just how fascinating they are.

Some other "quirky" dreams I've had :-)

1. My Dad had died and was being carried around in a suitcase. (thank God he's still alive and well !!!)

2. Had to cook a meal for my cousin by sitting in a car and heating it up via the ciagrette lighter.

3. Tonnes of nightmares about planes crashing, I've never been actually on them, but to see them crashing was horrific - the latest one was a Boeing 747 that came down on the High Street in Keiss ??

4. A MASSIVE monster made from cloth who was chasing me and my Mum, but she managed to overtake me as I couldn't run cos I was wearing slippers !

5. I was in a really old fashioned hospital and had to get home, via the toilets, which led me to this dark and sinister building built on a cliff face where the water was very deep and very dark. I managed to edge my way around it into this huge old house, which was crumbling, and there was some man sitting in an arm chair watching TV who ignored my pleas to help get me home. The windows and walls were extremely fascinating in that one, almost Victorian.

6. Been in the office where I used to work with my colleagues but we were all in single beds trying to sleep !!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm .... job for a psychatrist maybe ?????

anneoctober
09-Dec-08, 13:07
Don't just remember your dreams, follow them!*

*Except that one where you're running for the school bus, and you can't catch it, even though it never quite gets out of sight, then you realise you forgot to put on your trousers.
You can take the boy oot o Caithness but................[lol]

wndyndy
09-Dec-08, 14:33
Iffy, after reading your interesting dreams, i guessed that you were stressed by all the bad news on the newspaper every day or by your work, then when you went to sleep, those things jumped into your dreams!

just try to be relax, i think it is very common to have those odd dreams.

buffy
09-Dec-08, 17:35
I'd love to have dreams like that, but I rarely have decent dreams that I can remember. I read up on the subject on the internet and got a few ideas of how I may be able to learn to influence my dreams, or even control them completely or astral project. A few nights later I had a couple of great ones in the same night which was amazing. To be fair I had a very long sleep that night and a long lie in the morning.

One of them had me trying to get to my friend's house but she lived right at the top of a cliff and my mum was coming too for some reason.....to get there I had to climb this really steep flight of steps which were carved into the rockface. I got so far up and I really thought I was nearly there but it got misty and my mum had fallen behind or given up. I was really determined to keep going but the steps got so bad that someone had put up a kind of scaffolding which you had to climb as it was a vertical drop now. I held onto it but I got so tired and scared (really very scared!) I realised I had a choice to hold on tight for as long as I could or just to let go.
I woke up right at that point as I had lost control, plus I have read that you can never die in a dream anyway.

Now I don't give them much thought before going to sleep and they are pretty unremarkable and mainly not memorable.

Gizmo
09-Dec-08, 18:20
At times i have the most strange and twisted dreams, if i was to post them here i think i would get carted off to the funny farm, i sometimes wonder if all is well deep inside my mind, last nights dream was a bit strange, but at least it's postable here, i was in woolies and they were having a mega sale, they had packed the store with loads of stuff that had been stored upstairs for years, there were thousands of cds and i found a whole section full of heavy metal cds, with loads of rare cds that sell for big money on ebay, it's not a rare cd but i picked up an album by the band Primal Fear, it didn't have a price sticker on it so i asked the guy at the counter to scan it for me and find out the price, while he was busy scanning the cd i turned round to look at some other cds, when i turned back round the assistant said the price was 50p, but he was holding a cassette copy of the album, i said to him that i wanted a cd copy of it, he said 'we only have it on cassette', i replied that i had just given him a cd copy to scan and that there were loads more cd copies in the rack, i turned round to grab another cd copy but couldn't find one, i was getting really agitated as i looked through the whole rack and kept saying 'it was here a moment ago'....although the language was slightly more colourful than that...:lol:, i don't remember any more than that and have no idea if i got my 50p Primal Fear cd :(

What the heck is going on inside that brain of mine? :lol:

Gizmo
09-Dec-08, 18:35
One other strange dream was a recurring one i had a few years ago, it was more or less the same dream over a period of a couple of years, it was always in different locations out in the open, i would be walking somewhere and there would be a fighter jet flying around, i would be watching the jet and every single time it would crash, sometimes close to me and sometimes into water, but every single time the engine roar was immense and close to me, my heart rate was out of control and the fear factor was intense.

With this one i can kind of offer an explanation, i have always had a fear of flying and one of my good friends was training to be a fighter pilot at the time, now since he qualified as a fighter pilot i have not had this dream, which i'm glad about as i would always wake up drenched in sweat feeling terrible....it's not fond memories.

daviddd
09-Dec-08, 18:44
One other strange dream was a recurring one i had a few years ago, it was more or less the same dream over a period of a couple of years, it was always in different locations out in the open, i would be walking somewhere and there would be a fighter jet flying around, i would be watching the jet and every single time it would crash, sometimes close to me and sometimes into water, but every single time the engine roar was immense and close to me, my heart rate was out of control and the fear factor was intense.

With this one i can kind of offer an explanation, i have always had a fear of flying and one of my good friends was training to be a fighter pilot at the time, now since he qualified as a fighter pilot i have not had this dream, which i'm glad about as i would always wake up drenched in sweat feeling terrible....it's not fond memories.
I've had this plane crash dream too, several times. It always feels like a really significant event, and I always think that I'll be one of the first ones on the scene of the crash or will need to dial 999. I think I may have just had this dream since 9/11, when the first sight of the planes crashing into the twin towers grabbed me so horribly.
One of my happiest dreams was of me flying like a bird - gently flapping over steeples and rooftops - and feeling that this was definitely real and not a dream! Maybe it was real??!!

porshiepoo
09-Dec-08, 18:50
I dream every single night without fail and remember all of them.
The most recurrent theme is always flying. I've flown over mountains, lakes, oceans etc and it always feels so real.
I don't try to analyse them as it'd drive you to distraction, just appreciate them for what they are.

percy toboggan
09-Dec-08, 19:02
Yesterday's dream found me in a post-apocolyptic landscape with wrecks of commercial vehicles and an industrial mess which would have kept WALL-E busy for days.

I was one of a group of people struggling against the odds and finding it hard to survive, Oppressive forces ranged against us and from nooks and crannies elf's emerged pestering and badgering....snapping at our heels...sapping our strength and generally demoralising us.

Then I realised I was actually at work.

WhatFor
09-Dec-08, 19:04
I Spend most of my days dreaming any way so makes no difference to me if i can mind my night times

Gizmo
09-Dec-08, 20:18
Another strange one was a dream where i was confessing to my wife that i had had a dream that i cheated on her, as it was only a dream i was confessing about i thought nothing of telling her, but i couldn't remember the name of the girl and the more i fumbled and couldn't remember her name the more mad my wife got, she sat there with her arms crossed absolutely fizzing and giving me a look of pure evil, thankfully she didn't have the same reaction when i told her about this confession dream...she found it quite funny...phew!! :lol:

dakud007
09-Dec-08, 23:04
:)there were six numbers i dreamed one night, and i still could remember it when i woke up in the morning. and my friend told me that could be my six lucky numbers for the lottery,that was first time in my life to buy the lottery,but it came out nothing, very disappointed

poppett
09-Dec-08, 23:29
Not so much a dream as a nightmare.

Spent five hours ironing for my nephew last week and left the stuff in neat piles in the spare room. After we were home I realised I had left a pile on top of the hamster cage.............. before i could ask him about it, I dreamed the beasties had chewed through the clothes.

Have dreamed this every night since, but his daughter put my mind at rest tonight on the phone, the stuff had all been moved and put away the night I had done the ironing!!

buffy
10-Dec-08, 08:37
:)there were six numbers i dreamed one night, and i still could remember it when i woke up in the morning. and my friend told me that could be my six lucky numbers for the lottery,that was first time in my life to buy the lottery,but it came out nothing, very disappointed

The same happened to me one night - I could remember the numbers so well that I was determined to put on a lotto ticket, and I became convinced I was onto a winner!!!

The numbers that were drawn weren't even close....

wndyndy
10-Dec-08, 18:48
The same happened to me one night - I could remember the numbers so well that I was determined to put on a lotto ticket, and I became convinced I was onto a winner!!!

The numbers that were drawn weren't even close....
you should keep buying these numbers, mabe they will bring you good fortune one day!

trix
12-Dec-08, 18:35
speakin aboot dreams.....i hed a dream aboot golach 'e ither nite.....

now i hev an image o' him in ma heid - he's got dark curly hair, little beady eyes, glesses an a beard [lol][lol]

Sapphire2803
12-Dec-08, 18:47
I had a dream that a friend of mine was pole dancing whilst clad in an inflatable sumo wrestler suit. :D