PDA

View Full Version : Catarman

Tighsonas4
08-Dec-08, 10:37
the pentalina is now in the sound of mull and hopes to be in orkney tomorrow regards tony

golach
08-Dec-08, 10:43
the pentalina is now in the sound of mull and hopes to be in orkney tomorrow regards tony
Tracking her is easy Tony
http://www.shipais.com/currentmap.php?map=Minch

Tugmistress
08-Dec-08, 11:51
I can see the Pentalina B Golach there but not the new cat Pentalina, has she had the AIS system fitted i wonder?

golach
08-Dec-08, 12:31
I can see the Pentalina B Golach there but not the new cat Pentalina, has she had the AIS system fitted i wonder?
OOOPs tuggs thought they were one and the same :roll:

Tighsonas4
08-Dec-08, 13:45
no i cant find her on ais either tuggs the pentalina b is on charter in the western isles golach
never mind tuggs you have the only ferry in the firth until at least the 23rd as there is customs and repairs to be done before the new boat can start and the claymore is delayed in drydock regards tony

Tighsonas4
08-Dec-08, 13:57
just take up the pentland ferries timeetable and this is all on there thats where i get my gen tuggs [lol] tony

Tighsonas4
08-Dec-08, 17:47
ais liverpool has got got both the pentalina and the pentalina b in the minch just now cat is doing about 13 knots at the moment tony

ali68
08-Dec-08, 18:31
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/ali68/shipplot2pent.jpg

pat
08-Dec-08, 18:52
wished I had known earlier she was passing through the Minch I would have been out to see her lights at least passing by.

Tighsonas4
09-Dec-08, 13:50
she was home and dry by 0800 hrs this morning excuse the pun [lol] tony
they asked him will he be doing trials when he gets going
says she has had a fair trial already [lol]

Geo
09-Dec-08, 17:51
Thar she blows!

http://www.hookeslaw.com/photographs/pentalina.jpg

http://www.hookeslaw.com/photographs/PentalinaStMargaretsHope.jpg
Pictures courtesy of Tim Shearer

northener
09-Dec-08, 17:54
Oooooh, shiny.

Tighsonas4
09-Dec-08, 18:17
is it safe to assume that the pier is the hope geo its just that there seems to be one or two fishing boats in the photo
two good shots regards tony

Geo
09-Dec-08, 18:22
Yes it is indeed. My brother emailed them to me earlier today.

Mr P Cannop
09-Dec-08, 19:43
will she be doing a madin voyage ??

Geo
09-Dec-08, 19:51
She's a nice looking ship. Looking forward to trying it out.

silverfox57
09-Dec-08, 20:05
she is a very good looking ship,hope they do well
and get lots of trade,wish her and crew all the best as they
had a lot of bad luck getting her home.

Tighsonas4
09-Dec-08, 20:28
will she be doing a madin voyage ??
could well do but as andrew banks says shes had a fair bit of sea trials getting home [lol] tony

silverfox57
09-Dec-08, 20:33
think we should chip in and get tighsonas a ticket for her
first trip as traced her all her way home

wifie
09-Dec-08, 21:44
He should get a free trip for all the publicity! Well done Tigh for keepin us up to speed! :D

Tighsonas4
09-Dec-08, 22:46
He should get a free trip for all the publicity! Well done Tigh for keepin us up to speed! :D
thanks for the offer wifie but think i will just plot her on the old pc [lol] regards tony

wifie
09-Dec-08, 23:01
thanks for the offer wifie but think i will just plot her on the old pc [lol] regards tony

Do you not fancy a run on her Tigh? :confused

brokencross
10-Dec-08, 08:11
Well done Tigh for keepin us up to speed! :D
I second that.

Just been watching a programme about the building of a similar catamaran ferry for Hawaii. It explained the construction and the stability advantages of the twin hulls. The twin hulls should (in theory) make for a far smoother crossing in choppy waters.

Tighsonas4
10-Dec-08, 13:34
Do you not fancy a run on her Tigh? :confused
maybe i will change my mind yet wifie.he was interviewed this morning on orkney radio and still hopes to be running by christmas
some of the crew have never been home since last may
they were roasted out there and are frozen now in orkney [lol] tony

ett23
10-Dec-08, 16:39
Yes it is indeed. My brother emailed them to me earlier today.

Lovely pictures. I'm glad to see the big cat has finally arrived, and she's looking very big and shiny!! Can't wait to see her down our end at Gill's.....:D

Wellies
10-Dec-08, 21:27
Just cannot wait to see her arriving in Gills from the back of the house.

Mik.M.
21-Dec-08, 12:24
What has happened to the old boat? Did they part ex her against the new one?Or has she been sold on to another operator? Just curious

ali68
21-Dec-08, 13:03
Claymore is in Aberdeen on refit.

Pentalina B is currently on the Ullapool to Stornaway, but heading back to the channel to do the veal calf runs to France shortly.

Tighsonas4
21-Dec-08, 13:46
claymore has been in for refit and it has taken longer than was expected tony

pat
21-Dec-08, 14:27
Pentalina B which has been on the freight crossing Stornoway/Ullapool appears to being replaced by Lord of the Isles - LotI is just sailing into Stornoway harbour now.
Usual freighter the Muirneag which does the freight run is currently sitting on the Tyne - has been away for a refit for about a month.

Wish we could get a new catamaran like the new Pentalina for the crossing from Stornoway to Ullapool.

Tighsonas4
21-Dec-08, 18:01
someone on here has just said that the pentalina b is going down to work in the channel pat tony