PDA

View Full Version : dangerous to cats

sweep
06-Dec-08, 14:54
story in P & J today about a cat dying after eating a bit of a lily flower. apparently lilies are extremely toxic to cats! cat lovers/owners beware!

Dadie
07-Dec-08, 09:30
Its the pollen in the stamens that is lethal to cats. If I get flowers (which isnt often) I cut of the stamens first when the lillies are just opening it also saves the mess on the windowsills and curtains from the pollen!

Hibeechick
08-Dec-08, 14:36
Your right Dadie, its the pollen from the Stamens that is dangerous to cats. I take all the visible stamen out before lillies leave the shop, but advise people to pull them out as soon as the lily is open!

Liz
08-Dec-08, 14:51
I'm afraid that every part of the lilie is dangerous to cats.:(http://www.yourcat.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=378&Itemid=1

Bloo
12-Dec-08, 19:58
My cat might act like a dafty but she eats nothing except her food in the house..And i know this for sure because she only goes in the back garden and the neighbours.Both are in full view of my window so i can watch her..She doesnt eat grass, flowers, etc..She will sniff a flower occasionally but not very often. Still a shame that this can kill the little fellas :(

Dadie
12-Dec-08, 21:25
If my cat keeps peeing in the sink in the back place it will soon be dangerous to his health:lol:

On a more serious note the decorations on the tree are all dangerous to cats if they manage to get their paws on them.... light cables can be chewed.. tinsel swallowed... chocolate eaten... baubles smashed and stood on.... balloons popped and swallowed.. tree climbed...