PDA

View Full Version : Red pepper restaurant in thurso

ack1
06-Dec-08, 10:36
Very disappointed with the red pepper which is in the holborn hotel in thurso. Was there for a meal with a few friends last night and very disappointed with the food service. On receiving our main meals for 6 people we got 1 small tray of vegetables that wouldnt even feed 3 people. We then asked for more and was given another tray that took about 10 mins to come so by that time our turkey was cold. It wasnt exactly hot when we received it as the plates were freezing as they hadnt been warmed before hand. we certainly wont be going back ever

Kevin Milkins
06-Dec-08, 10:47
Very disappointed with the red pepper which is in the holborn hotel in thurso. Was there for a meal with a few friends last night and very disappointed with the food service. On receiving our main meals for 6 people we got 1 small tray of vegetables that wouldnt even feed 3 people. We then asked for more and was given another tray that took about 10 mins to come so by that time our turkey was cold. It wasnt exactly hot when we received it as the plates were freezing as they hadnt been warmed before hand. we certainly wont be going back ever

Sorry to hear that you have had a bad dining out experiance, but I think this type of thread would be posted on the recomendations board, (or not as the case may be).

I believe I saw an advert somwhere for this place looking for staff so that may be why all is not as it should be.

forevera123
06-Dec-08, 12:22
we have been there for dinner too. im sorry for what happened to you!:(

i think you should have complained to the manager there, give them a chance to improve the sevices,then we could still go back there if oneday we get fed up with other restaurants' food! if complained by posting here, only stops people going there,then end of day, we may lose one place out for dinner. if the the restaurant ends the business for lacking of customers, the rest restaurants will probably increase the food price bcoz they get much more bussier!

Kodiak
06-Dec-08, 14:20
Just a few days ago it was our 35th Wedding Anniversary so we decided to Dine out. Since they had a Good Carpark we decided to go to the Park Hotel.

We both had Steak and it was Beautiful, as was the whole meal. The service couldn't have been better either and overall we were very happy.

flowertot
06-Dec-08, 23:27

I was there today and must admit food not as good as it used to be. :~(

Chips were off the frozen variety and even the macaroni was not great, sauce very watery and not tasty at all.

It is a shame as the food used to be very good in the Holborn, whether it is just a glitch.

chamb
06-Dec-08, 23:34
its a wonder this post hasnt been shut down as people are not allowedmuch of an opinion on here unless your face fits

Buttercup
07-Dec-08, 00:05
its a wonder this post hasnt been shut down as people are not allowedmuch of an opinion on here unless your face fits

Agree with you here chamb. But then maybe the Holborn can take criticism better than the Pentland. [lol]

Moby
07-Dec-08, 17:43
OK - I'm going to nail my colours to the mast here. I too was at the Red Pepper this weekend with a group of friends.

The food was lovely (and hot with plenty veg)!!!!! The service was excellent. Couldn't fault it at all.

Not very sure why Ack1 saw fit to start a new thread rather than continuing the one 5 days previously.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=59626

One of my favourite places to eat in Thurso. Well done.

thebigbullman
07-Dec-08, 19:17
Well i have been there recently, and i though the food and the service was of a very good standard indeed. Could not fault it!

flowertot
19-Dec-08, 12:53
Well i have been there recently, and i though the food and the service was of a very good standard indeed. Could not fault it!

My mum was there on Wednesday night, I she usually likes the food here, but she has to say that it was not as good as it used to be.

She had steak and she said it wasn't tasty at all, overcooked really.

She is not one to complain though, although I do think that if people don't like what they are getting they should complain at least then management can do something about it.

It is a shame if it has gone down hill as it used to be really good especially when it first opened. Obviously that chef has left!!!

Must say though I was in the bar on Saturday night and the place stunk of Pee. They will need to sort that problem out also, it will put customers off. [disgust]

highlander
21-Dec-08, 11:05
We were at the red pepper for a works dinner yesterday, the meals were excellent, everyone served at the same time, plenty of fresh veg and only needed to ask for more if you needed it, well done staff take a bow.

bb1stwick
21-Dec-08, 16:44
We go to the Y not Bar every week and we always find that we get served a lovely meal. The parking is really handy (outside the Y not bar which is inside a council offices car park during the day, opposite the Thurso CO-OP) I had macaroni cheese with curly fries (these fries are very very tasty!) my partner had Beef Lasagne, another lovely meal. We choose something different every week and every week it tastes lovely

10 out of 10 from us!