PDA

View Full Version : Ordered Sky+....no installation Dates!!

thursobhoy
05-Dec-08, 14:48
Help needed, i ordered sky+ in november to have it in for xmas all the adverts on tv saying do it now for xmas. Only to be told the first available date would be 7th of january!!! Also have already had installation fee taken out of account!!!

Is there only 1 person who installs up here??

or is there anything i can do to so i can get it in my house before xmas??

thanks in advance.

igglepiggle
05-Dec-08, 15:18
we ordered ours about 10 days ago and we got a date for 18th december, we ordered ours on online and the only available date left for this year was the 18th.

lynds67
05-Dec-08, 17:59
Try phoning Colin Chessor. they did our Sky+ and freeview, always really helpfull and always manage to do it within a reasonable time. They will probably be quite busy due to christmas coming but I'm sure you will get a more realistic waiting time from them.

scorpion
05-Dec-08, 18:57
After waiting a while for a certain company ,we went to Graham Begg and they came and fitted it a few days later

poppett
05-Dec-08, 20:23
Phone Sky and tell them you want your money refunded as Sky+ was to be your family Christmas present. They will soon find you a "before Christmas date" if they think you want your money back.

mums angels
05-Dec-08, 20:48
Try phoning Colin Chessor. they did our Sky+ and freeview, always really helpfull and always manage to do it within a reasonable time. They will probably be quite busy due to christmas coming but I'm sure you will get a more realistic waiting time from them.

Unfortunatly Colin Chessor is the one that sky sends out and as far as i'm aware he is the only one that sky deals with if your ordering over the phone with sky themselves as i've requested in past for someone else to do it as i didn't like previous service that i'd recieved from him and they said that they didn't deal with anyone else directly and he was all i could get.

When i ordered sky plus a few months back i got it installed within the week think that this time of year is just very busy

wndyndy
05-Dec-08, 21:02
Phone Sky and tell them you want your money refunded as Sky+ was to be your family Christmas present. They will soon find you a "before Christmas date" if they think you want your money back.
i agree with you, it is a very efficient way.