PDA

View Full Version : Terry Wogan says Bye to Eurovision

Kodiak
05-Dec-08, 13:18
Terry Wogan has now been presenting the Eurovision Song Contest on TV for 30 Years. It was reported today that he is giving this up and the new presenter will be Graham Norton.

Is this Good or Bad for the Eurovision Song Contest? Personally I think it is about time Terry Wogan resigned but still not sure about the choice of Graham Norton.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUKTRE4B41R920081205

K

honey
05-Dec-08, 13:50
i think Terry Wogan makes the Eurovision Song Contest watchable. I like Graham Norton, but dont think hed be able to make quips like Terry does without sounding nasty..

Gizmo
05-Dec-08, 14:12
For the past 20 or so years Terry Wogan has been the only reason to watch Eurovision, that hyperactive prancing fairy Norton gets on my nerves, i've got nothing against over excitable poofs...but he annoys me :p

TRUCKER
05-Dec-08, 14:13
I dont think that graham norton will be any use at presenting eurovision. His quips might offend where terrys was taken in good fun.

golach
05-Dec-08, 16:01
Terry Wogan has now been presenting the Eurovision Song Contest on TV for 30 Years. It was reported today that he is giving this up and the new presenter will be Graham Norton.

Is this Good or Bad for the Eurovision Song Contest? Personally I think it is about time Terry Wogan resigned but still not sure about the choice of Graham Norton.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUKTRE4B41R920081205

K
Does anyone honestly care? I don't, the Eurovision Song Contest died when the Soviet Union split up.

Kodiak
05-Dec-08, 16:24
Does anyone honestly care? I don't, the Eurovision Song Contest died when the Soviet Union split up.

Wha...Wha...What the Soniet Union Split up, When did that happen? Ah Go on, you'll be saying next that the Berlin Wall has been pulled down!!

Gizmo
05-Dec-08, 16:29

It was sometimes the best comedy being broadcast on television, a cheesetastic pomptastic bit of ridiculous fun, and Terry Wogans dry wit made it watchable, i can't see it being half as much fun without him.

asinger
05-Dec-08, 16:32
I really think it should be all of us saying goodbye to the Eurovision!!! Its had its day.(in fact its day about 20years ago)

Buttercup
05-Dec-08, 21:06
Wasn't Wogan the only reason everyone watched the song contest? He made it the best comedy on telly! I think he'll certainly be missed and whilest I've nothing against Graham Norton, I don't think it's the show for him ~ but that's just my opinion and maybe he'll prove me wrong.

northener
05-Dec-08, 21:12
Wot? Wogans' off?

That's it, I'm not watching it any more.

Errrr...hang on...I never did watch it in the first place........

percy toboggan
05-Dec-08, 23:29
For the last few years if I have watched this it's been by pure accident.
The voting is now so partisan as to render the word 'contest' null pwah - or however you spell it!

The tunes are often dire, the language often sounds a bit strangled but then some of 'em sing in Englisah which is even more annoying...Irish & Brits excepted o'course.

THe only thing bearable about it is Wogans pishtake, because that's all it's been of late. A disenchanted man wringing wry humour from an annual pageant of pose, and pomp. Tel can lampoon for Ireland can Tel and he's served Britain well in making this yearly yawn watchable.

So, farewell Tel and goodbye Graham...the rampant little runt turns me right orf I'm afraid and for me....Your O'Vision is gone for good with Terry's tarra! Norton's were solid British bikes but they didn't make two strokes. That's all Graham's worth, even on a good night....assuming yer that way inclined.

balto
05-Dec-08, 23:34
pity the eurovision wouldnt say bye to us, this program is so outdated now.

theone
06-Dec-08, 03:11
I liked Wogan on Eurovision.

I haven't liked Eurovision for a couple of years though.

The voting between the east Europeans has becom a joke (It was funny when it was just the Cypriots etc) and the politics have become too much.

I'd like the British, Germans and French to dump it for a couple of years and so take away the main audiences.