PDA

View Full Version : Honda formula one team - yours for £1

Green_not_greed
05-Dec-08, 11:50
As announced today, Honda are looking for a buyer for their Formula 1 team and if they can't find someone to stub up £200M per year for running costs they will stop participating

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/northamptonshire/7766299.stm

The sale price may be as little as £1.

Just wondering what folk's thoughts are on this?

A disaster for the sport? A great decision for global warming? Or don't you give a toss?

Would you pay £1 to own the team?

GNG

kitty kat
05-Dec-08, 13:35
great christmas prezzie

Kodiak
05-Dec-08, 13:51
I Bid 25p :D

Bad Manners
05-Dec-08, 14:06
I'll go to a £1 if they throw in the first years running costs

Gizmo
05-Dec-08, 14:22
What a bargain, i'm off to ask my bank manager for a £19999500 top up on my over draft so we can get started, the banks are flush just now aren't they? :lol:

Do these cars take unleaded or diesel?, i'll see about setting up an account at Dunnets Garage to see if i can get a discount, should do pretty well with the Shell Drivers Club points, i just might get enough points for those crystal wine glasses i've had my eye on :D

Kodiak
05-Dec-08, 14:44
What a bargain, i'm off to ask my bank manager for a £19999500 top up on my over draft so we can get started, the banks are flush just now aren't they? :lol:

Do these cars take unleaded or diesel?, i'll see about setting up an account at Dunnets Garage to see if i can get a discount, should do pretty well with the Shell Drivers Club points, i just might get enough points for those crystal wine glasses i've had my eye on :D

Good on you Gizmo. Don't forget to get in contact with McConechy's to see if they would give you a discount on Tyres and Exhausts. :D

Gizmo
05-Dec-08, 14:57
Good on you Gizmo. Don't forget to get in contact with McConechy's to see if they would give you a discount on Tyres and Exhausts. :D

No chance, McCONechy's left a bad taste in my mouth a few years back, i'll give Patty at Caithness Tyre Company a shout...he's yer man for tyres n stuff ::D

Kodiak
05-Dec-08, 15:24
No chance, McCONechy's left a bad taste in my mouth a few years back, i'll give Patty at Caithness Tyre Company a shout...he's yer man for tyres n stuff ::D

Fair enough it is the Caithness Tyre Company then, do they do Re-Treads, I am sure since a F1 Car goes through so many tyres it would be a lot cheaper to fit Re-Treads. :D

Green_not_greed
05-Dec-08, 16:30
Do these cars take unleaded or diesel? :D

Its rumoured that given a suitable carburettor and engine tuning you can run them on chip fat, so speak to Robin.

Alternatively as they are not licensed for the UK highways you could try heating oil at around 45p/litre....

GNG

Angel
08-Dec-08, 00:27
I have just bought Woolworths after buying MFI, now Honda is for sale I will buy that to and still have change from a fiver...

Which is just enough to buy...

Angel