PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hoy + Sam Torrence sing!

Invisible
04-Dec-08, 23:24
quality - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pszgxCKz-0s and its not a bad tune either.

Gizmo
04-Dec-08, 23:26
That's a bloomin' embarrassing advert for Scotland, what a load o tuneless numpties :lol:

Kodiak
04-Dec-08, 23:30
Not too bad but the best bit was Lulu, so at least it finished on a High Note, so to speak. :D

Anne x
05-Dec-08, 03:32
Not too bad but the best bit was Lulu, so at least it finished on a High Note, so to speak. :D

You are Joking and having a laugh or at best Tongue in Cheek
That Woman is worse than a Fly landing on my TV Screen
the kind you want to swat !!! always
She brings out Scotland and The Accent
when it suits her and only her So False

Aaldtimer
05-Dec-08, 04:11
Call that singing? Sheesh!
Homecoming 2009, 250th Anni of Rabbies birth and they couldna find one of Rab's songs tae sing!!!???
Sean Connery..."let me tell you that I love you, and I think about you all the time"...Aye right, "but don't ask me to live there and pay the taxes!"
Bluidy Hypocrite! He can go on bended knee to Lizzie 2 (nae Lillibet the wan for Scotland) to get his knighthood though, the great nationalist that he is!
Shurely Shome peice o' sh**e![evil]

zappster
05-Dec-08, 10:25
Yep that ad sure does get on my wick as well!!

arana negra
05-Dec-08, 10:50
That has surely go to be the worst piece of murdered song and no advert for bonnie Scotland. I never did and never will think that Lulu could sing and I agree she is so false and right wee madam tae. Its a joke, which many people think Scotland is and this will nae help.

Sporran
05-Dec-08, 20:14
I have to admit that's a rather pathetic effort! :roll: Sean and Lulu, you've just embarrassed yourselves and your homeland!! [disgust]

Sandi Thom, the third female singer, was the best of the lot, in my opinion. They should have had somebody like Annie Lennox sing the whole song. She would have done a much better job, and put a lot more feeling into it.

Here's a lovely version by Scocha, a Scottish band from Hawick. They at least do justice to the beautiful song! :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwfmSRv71oo

mccaugm
05-Dec-08, 21:21

She is only a patriotic Scot when theres a buck to be made. Why does she hold her hand up? Who is she trying to impress. Call me a cynic but quite a few are ex-pats - is that why its called a homecoming?

Foxy
06-Dec-08, 02:56
I personally like the advert but obviously i'm the only one with good taste. ;)

arana negra
06-Dec-08, 09:36
spluttered my coffee all over the screen then :lol: good taste aye right

mccaugm
06-Dec-08, 17:01
spluttered my coffee all over the screen then :lol: good taste aye right

Interesting mental image but quite understandable. Why didn't they find folk that could sing....hell there are enough Scots that can ...lookee here now

http://scotlandinter.net/bands.htm

Sporran
06-Dec-08, 18:25
As well as Annie Lennox, some of my other suggestions would be Sheena Easton, Sharleen Spiteri (of the Scottish band Texas), Marty Pellow (of Wet Wet Wet), and John Barrowman.

I was also going to suggest Gerry Rafferty, but have just learned that he mysteriously disappeared in August this year! :(