PDA

View Full Version : New marina

Tighsonas4
04-Dec-08, 21:21
there will be plenty of jobs when this new marina is being built at the harbour
i think it said on the news tonight they have got half a million i think it was, halcyon days back to the harbour eh tony

TRUCKER
04-Dec-08, 21:41
It will be good for the harbour seeing that there is no much else happening there. Will bring a few jobs to the town.

Dog-eared
07-Dec-08, 14:38
It will be good for the harbour and any shops supplying the visiting boats, but the locals with boats won't benefit as the marina fees are geared up to be less than "the sooth " but a lot more expensive than being tied up to the harbour wall.
As for local jobs, the marinas in Kirkwall and Stromness - twice the size of the Wick marina - is looked after by one guy. Orkney Marinas obviously have a small office as well, but Wick already has the harbour office and staff.

Also, the pontoon fees for Wick can't be directly compared to Orkney as local Orkney boats get a huge discount.

I wonder if the local Wick boats get a similar reduction in pontoon fees ?

Tighsonas4
07-Dec-08, 20:23
think if you come in just now its £io more to go to the pontoon rather than pier
it will take a fair bit of work to bring it up to the standards in kirkwall where your met with a welcome and all the facilities explained tony

peedie man
08-Dec-08, 19:32
i am sure it's only £5 more on the pontoons than alongside the harbour wall

Tighsonas4
08-Dec-08, 22:22
i am sure it's only £5 more on the pontoons than alongside the harbour wall
think £io was the qoute when we came in from orkney but went to the slipway cheers tony

buggyracer
09-Dec-08, 00:04
think £io was the qoute when we came in from orkney but went to the slipway cheers tony

why do you always put a "thumbs down" icon on the top of your posts even when your clearly happy about something your posting about? sorry ive seen you do it a few times and it bugs me :lol:

Venture
09-Dec-08, 00:44
why do you always put a "thumbs down" icon on the top of your posts even when your clearly happy about something your posting about? sorry ive seen you do it a few times and it bugs me :lol:

Never mind Tony, we all know what you mean, regardless of which icon you use. You're doing well on the old pc for a man in his eighties.;)

TBH
09-Dec-08, 00:59
there will be plenty of jobs when this new marina is being built at the harbour
i think it said on the news tonight they have got half a million i think it was, halcyon days back to the harbour eh tonyWhat jobs are going to be created Tony?

Dog-eared
09-Dec-08, 11:29
When you say £10 or £5 more is that per metre length, or is it per month , per season or per year ???

peedie man
09-Dec-08, 18:30
it cost £15 on the pontoons and £10 on harbour wall per day

Tighsonas4
09-Dec-08, 18:32
When you say £10 or £5 more is that per metre length, or is it per month , per season or per year ???
dont know as it wasnt me that paid it .going north about on another occassion we went wick scrabster and the difference was most noticeable
in kirkwall and they happen to be having a knees up yacht crews are cordially invited regards tony

Tighsonas4
09-Dec-08, 18:36
dont know as it wasnt me that paid it .going north about on another occassion we went wick scrabster and the difference was most noticeable
in kirkwall and they happen to be having a knees up yacht crews are cordially invited regards tony
ps check peedie mans post he seems to have it t

trix
09-Dec-08, 22:59
there will be plenty of jobs when this new marina is being built at the harbour tony

wis ye lookin til get one tony? :lol:

Tighsonas4
10-Dec-08, 13:39
wis ye lookin til get one tony? :lol:
dont think so hev spent plenty long hours at e harbour but not for yachts [lol] tony
ps if there any owld mannies come in e could give them a shout [lol] t

trix
10-Dec-08, 17:55
ps if there any owld mannies come in e could give them a shout [lol] t

il be stan'in at 'e dock wi a cloot an a toole...an a bottle o' whiskey ;)

joxville
10-Dec-08, 20:48
I'm glad this is about boats. When I read the thread title it brought visions of that heap of junk built in the seventies by British Leyland.

northener
10-Dec-08, 21:44
I'm glad this is about boats. When I read the thread title it brought visions of that heap of junk built in the seventies by British Leyland.

There's some quite nearby Joxy - just go diving at the Brig O'Trams...you'll see marinas, astras, cavaliers........

Dog-eared
11-Dec-08, 20:00
How do cars make it to the Brig O' trams?
The nearest road is at the shooting range.
Do they get washed round the coast from there ??

silverfox57
11-Dec-08, 20:14
bugs me that some look for errors and posts on open forum
about it.
think if your in your 80s and can work computer you are doing well.as in my 50s and still learning,

teenybash
12-Dec-08, 00:28
il be stan'in at 'e dock wi a cloot an a toole...an a bottle o' whiskey ;)

Trix you might need to fight them off holding onto that selection...............[lol]