PDA

View Full Version : Antifreeze petition

dousslesh
04-Dec-08, 19:26
There is currently a petition before Government asking for Antifreeze and Engine Coolant to be made unpalatable to cats (and incidentally children), by adding a bitter tasting substance. Currently Antifreeze has a sweet taste.
If digested Antifreeze is poisonous and can lead to a terrible slow painful death. Please sign the petition which can be found on; http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Antifreeze-kills/
The closing date for this petition is 7th December 2008 . Time is running out . Please take a few moments to sign this petition . Thank you.

muffin
05-Dec-08, 16:56
I can suport that, our dog licked up some antifreeze in a garage and was pretty ill, fortunately he hadn't had much, just a few drops which had been spilled but it took about 2 weeks for him to get over it.

Tilter
05-Dec-08, 17:03
Signed Dousslesh. Thanks for posting it.

Liz
05-Dec-08, 18:20
I have signed this and really hope it is successful.

Surely it wouldn't take much to make antifreeze bitter and would save many animals lives.

Thanks for posting this dousslesh.:D

neepnipper
05-Dec-08, 19:35
I've signed it!

dousslesh
05-Dec-08, 19:50
Thanks everyone ! If you know of anyone who may be interested and willing to sign please forward the details on to them as there are only a few days remaining to sign. Thanks !

teenybash
05-Dec-08, 20:47
Signed.................

carasmam
05-Dec-08, 22:18
My mate's dog died a few years ago after drinking water contaminated with antifreeze. It is tragic :(
Hope the petition helps

Oddquine
06-Dec-08, 02:40
Signed.......................................