PDA

View Full Version : He's back !

badger
04-Dec-08, 17:24
Anyone remember this http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=55500 strange encounter?

He has just called my mobile again - sounded much better and more together this time but he still thinks I'm Penny. Once again tried to explain that he has the wrong number for Penny so hope this time he is going to ask her. Actually he's very sweet - calls me Pet, which is nice. Seemed shocked that he was talking to Scotland. He obviously doesn't talk to Penny very often as it's only the third time this year.

At least now I know he's all right - until next time :roll:

EDDIE
04-Dec-08, 19:35
Anyone remember this http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=55500 strange encounter?

He has just called my mobile again - sounded much better and more together this time but he still thinks I'm Penny. Once again tried to explain that he has the wrong number for Penny so hope this time he is going to ask her. Actually he's very sweet - calls me Pet, which is nice. Seemed shocked that he was talking to Scotland. He obviously doesn't talk to Penny very often as it's only the third time this year.

At least now I know he's all right - until next time :roll:

Have u ever watch any saw films?. Maybey he wants to play a game with u.
Honestly if he phones again report him

wifie
11-Dec-08, 02:15
Just found this thread badger - is he calling from a landline - if yes then he is probably just mis-dialing if he is elderly! Such a shame tho and odd he keeps getting you - how about trying to get from him the number he is trying to dial and calling Penny? Just a thought! :confused

muffin
11-Dec-08, 14:52
It's not just the elderly who misdial, I once got a phone call from a young chap wanting to speak to his wife and wanted to know what I was doing in his house, I could not convince him he had the wrong number, I asked him what his number was and he quoted mine. After some time and him becoming quite aggressive he hung up only to ring again a couple of minutes later. The same conversation ensued. Then I had the operator on the phone checking on me and I convinced her that he did have the wrong number. I heard no more after that so I presume he found the right number eventually but it was quite disturbing at the time.

honey
11-Dec-08, 15:06
I got a phone call a few months ago from a man telling me he wanted his money. I though it was a mis dialed number at first, but he wouldnt hear of it, and got quite aggresive.

I actually got a bit spooked when he told me someone would come round to take the money they were owed. But i just hung up.

i actually think it might be folk in a call centre mucking about.. that definately goes one!

wifie
11-Dec-08, 16:25
Sorry if I sounded agist muffin - wasn't meant! :)

muffin
11-Dec-08, 16:57
No wifie, wasn't taken as agist, most of the wrong numbers I get are from elderly people but they are always polite and apologise.

unicorn
11-Dec-08, 17:14
I got a phone call a few months ago from a man telling me he wanted his money. I though it was a mis dialed number at first, but he wouldnt hear of it, and got quite aggresive.

I actually got a bit spooked when he told me someone would come round to take the money they were owed. But i just hung up.

i actually think it might be folk in a call centre mucking about.. that definately goes one!
I was getting the same type of txt 2 weeks ago, I called the guy and went ballistic, never heard from him since :lol:

badger
11-Dec-08, 17:55
I'm sure the old man who calls me is genuinely confused, which was why I tried to get social services to check on him last time. However if he does call again maybe I'll take your advice wifie and ask him what number he thinks he is dialling. It is odd - I can't believe he would keep misdialling to my number so presumably it's programmed in to his phone. But then why does he call her so infrequently?

Maybe I'm being too trusting :~( .

I was on the wrong end of nasty phone calls a few years ago - someone who phoned late at night and knew my name which was really creepy.