PDA

View Full Version : Andy Fordham....WOW!!!

Gizmo
04-Dec-08, 15:07
Former world darts champion Andy Fordham is half the man he used to be.

Check this out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7763665.stm

Kevin Milkins
04-Dec-08, 15:24
Well done Andy.

I hope he gets a transplant and not abuse it like George Best.

Its a bit of a shame that he had to get to serious life threatning condition before he realised that his lifstyle was not a good one for his health.

coastown
04-Dec-08, 15:25
Wow you would hardly think it was the same man, he looks so different.

dirdyweeker
04-Dec-08, 16:29
He is looking extremely thin compared to how he was. Did he not take part a couple of years back in some celebrity slimming tv show? Has he gone from there to where he is today?

binbob
04-Dec-08, 16:39
he needed a liver transplant because he drank so much....i think he is thinner because of that ...and not entirely sure he deserved a new liver!!!

dirdyweeker
04-Dec-08, 16:46
But before he had liver problems did he not try to tackle his weight on a tv celebrity fit club programme?

changilass
04-Dec-08, 16:47
What does a guy have to do to deserve a liver???

He is heading back to the days when he was know as the wippet, good on him.

Gizmo
04-Dec-08, 17:21
he needed a liver transplant because he drank so much....i think he is thinner because of that ...and not entirely sure he deserved a new liver!!!

He hasn't been given a new liver yet, he has completely given up alcohol and the weight has just fallen off him, does he deserve a new liver?, i'm sitting on the fence with this one, yes he knew all the risks in drinking as much as he did, but i know exactly how difficult it is to walk away from a lifetime of heavy drinking.

binbob
04-Dec-08, 19:42
What does a guy have to do to deserve a liver???

He is heading back to the days when he was know as the wippet, good on him.

when i die ,i would not like anyone who has punished their liver by excessive alcohol consumption...to get any of my organs.there are people who need a new liver through no fault of their own,including a friend of mine whose liver failed when he was only 16.he had a liver transplant 5 years ago ,but still is too unwell to have a good life.
i disagreed when george best got a new liver...see what happened there.
i have sympathy for people who drink too much ,but they are the only ones who can change their lifestyle.before their liver packs in.............

by the way ..i am a reg. donor and all of my organs[if of any use] can be taken.

changilass
04-Dec-08, 20:00
There is another thread on here about bringing back the death penalty for murderers.

GIVING the death penalty to someone just because at one point in their past they drank too much is going a bitty too far IMHO.

binbob
04-Dec-08, 20:02
There is another thread on here about bringing back the death penalty for murderers.

GIVING the death penalty to someone just because at one point in their past they drank too much is going a bitty too far IMHO.

u are entitled to ur opinion as am i.......

Aaldtimer
05-Dec-08, 03:32
when i die ,i would not like anyone who has punished their liver by excessive alcohol consumption...to get any of my organs.there are people who need a new liver through no fault of their own,including a friend of mine whose liver failed when he was only 16.he had a liver transplant 5 years ago ,but still is too unwell to have a good life.
i have sympathy for people who drink too much ,but they are the only ones who can change their lifestyle.before their liver packs in.............

by the way ..i am a reg. donor and all of my organs[if of any use] can be taken.

Binbob, I don't think you can dictate who can, or who can't, benefit from your generous organ donations. Not that you'll be caring much by then of course! [disgust]

anneoctober
05-Dec-08, 10:38

Scenario - IF we were all perfect, then we would be tee total, slim, active etc etc. IF someone were then to have a heart attack/stroke/cancer - would we still be standing in judgement? We are all different with our own failings and plus points, which makes us human. I too am a registered organ donor, but I would n't presume to judge someone's failings ( my own are many!) from beyond the grave or indeed before I signed on the dotted line.

binbob
05-Dec-08, 11:31
Binbob, I don't think you can dictate who can, or who can't, benefit from your generous organ donations. Not that you'll be caring much by then of course! [disgust]

i will come back and haunt them ,,,,,,.................:lol:

Aaldtimer
05-Dec-08, 13:39
i will come back and haunt them ,,,,,,.................:lol:

Bad bits in you Biy! :eek:

Liz
05-Dec-08, 14:52
But before he had liver problems did he not try to tackle his weight on a tv celebrity fit club programme?

Yes he took part in this and only lost a few pounds.

binbob
05-Dec-08, 16:24
Bad bits in you Biy! :eek:

teeeeheeeee..in all of us..think....:roll:

Foxy
06-Dec-08, 03:02

Isin't everyone entitled to a second chance???????

dirdyweeker
06-Dec-08, 03:49
Yes he took part in this and only lost a few pounds.

Found a link. His "few pounds" was in actual fact 42lbs!! Think that is very good.

http://www.biogs.com/famous/fordham.html

He has now lost 10 stone and given up the 25 bottles of beer he used to drink before a match. He says he is alcohol free. I do not think he was ever an alcoholic, he just had a bad diet and large consumption of alcohol. With all that I am not surprised his liver is knackered. It must be difficult for people with his career to go so regularly to a pub and not drink.

Aaldtimer
06-Dec-08, 03:51
He hasn't been given a new liver yet, he has completely given up alcohol and the weight has just fallen off him, does he deserve a new liver?, i'm sitting on the fence with this one, yes he knew all the risks in drinking as much as he did, but i know exactly how difficult it is to walk away from a lifetime of heavy drinking.

Exactly Gizmo. The fellah hasn't had a transplant yet...so let's cut him some slack for the efforts he's made on his own so far!
I think he would be a worthy candidate for a bit of help, if he needs it. It may turn out that he doesn't! :)