PDA

View Full Version : Thurso has reached its Trigger Level

Broadband4Caithness
05-Aug-03, 20:28
As of this evening Thurso has reached its trigger level of 500. :Razz
The Pre-Reg is currently on 502 and I also have another 10 to be sent to BT.

Keep the Registrations coming but not just from Thurso as the campaign is for the whole of Caithness and the more registrations we get the better to put Caithness on the Broadband map.

As you might know some areas in Caithness will have problems getting Broadband but if you keep registering as Myself and Highlands and Islands Enterprise are looking into alternatives.

Mr P Cannop
05-Aug-03, 20:46
what happends now ??

Broadband4Caithness
06-Aug-03, 11:37
Hi Paul,

What happens next is that BT verify the pre-registrations to check to make sure they are not false registrations then once this is done they will have a look at when they can upgrade the exchange and then I would get a Ready For Service Date which means the date broadband will be available in Thurso but you will also see posters around Thurso on when this will be happening and I'll also post it here on the forum.

Mr P Cannop
06-Aug-03, 11:40
ok thanks Keep me upto date Please ??

impatient
06-Aug-03, 12:03
As you might know some areas in Caithness will have problems getting Broadband but if you keep registering as Myself and Highlands and Islands Enterprise are looking into alternatives.

That's a bit of an understatement. Now the main population area is due to be enabled (with wick shortly to follow by hooking up to thurso exchange) the rural areas will be quickly forgotten. They want attractive statistics, Thurso and probably Wick will give them that.

One miffed resident.

led_pighp
08-Aug-03, 17:38
ah you get bored of broadband after a while and you soon end up wanting a 2 - 8 mb ps pipe going into your accomadation lol : )

moshmosh
08-Aug-03, 21:11
Ok so Thurso are there but will this mean that places like Castletown will get it too? Also when Wick eventually does reach the trigger level will Thrumster, Haster, Reiss etc be connected too?

Anonymous
09-Aug-03, 10:55
As far as I am aware, Wick and Thurso have the only exchanges in the county that are able to be upgraded to support broadband. All the other exchanges would have to be replaced, not upgraded, before broadband would be available.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...