PDA

View Full Version : Wick Youth Cafe- Support please

rfr10
03-Dec-08, 20:43
We will be holding our next meeting to further discuss plans for a youth cafe/ centre in Wick on Wednesday 10th December at 7pm at the Community Education Offices, beside the North School.

We really need the support of the public in any way possible in order to be successful.

All we ask is for a couple of hours of your time- just come along and show your support. You don't need to make any commitment to the group unless you want to.

In particular- we are looking for parents of High School aged since it will be their son/ daughter this project is likely to benefit. All other members of the public are welcome too.

If you could spare a few hours on the 10th just to come and show your support- I would be very grateful. Just get in touch by sending me a PM or emailing robin.falconer1@btinternet.com (putting "CYAG" in the subject line so that your email goes into the right folder.)

Thank you to anyone who contacts me!

Alice in Blunderland
03-Dec-08, 22:39
Well you should be inundated with offers of help to get this up and running as so many people would love to see the young people with somewhere to go rather than loitering on the streets. :eek: ;)

rfr10
03-Dec-08, 22:42
Well you should be inundated with offers of help to get this up and running as so many people would love to see the young people with somewhere to go rather than loitering on the streets. :eek: ;)

Well the only people so far are the people we already have. Will keep hopes up for the next day or two.

dirdyweeker
04-Dec-08, 16:42
Have you had response from the young people themselves who would hopefully be the ones wanting to use this? If so could their parents/ guardians not be willing to help out as they will be directly involved.?
There is a need to offer somewhere for "young people" to meet but what the answer is I don't know. I mean there is already lots of groups and activities available for the young. What do "they" want?