PDA

View Full Version : New Years Honours List (Org not Queenie)

mccaugm
03-Dec-08, 18:36
Who would you give an award to if you had the choice? It can be someone you know or anyone really.

I would give Daniel Craig an award for being the sexiest man alive second to my other half (obviously)

I would give my eldest an award for sticking at college and doing better that I could have expected.

An award goes to my youngest for learning his alphabet by watching Countdown ;)

An award to my middle son for being really good, looking after his youngest brother...

An award to my hubby for being, well for being himself and for supporting me through my seemingly endless college course

An award also goes to Frankie Boyle for services to laughter on Mock the Week et al.

An award to the Miller Academy Lollipop folk for being helpful above and beyond the call of duty.

Alice in Blunderland
03-Dec-08, 22:04
Well when I read this I thought of Fran.

I would love to see her get an award. ( nice chrissie card for alice Fran ;))

This has been a tough time for Fran but she has kept on going and still helping others at the same time. :)

Next person would obviously be Weeboyagee cause I want a great big chrissie present from him no other reason and thats the honest truth or maybe he can help me translate the Gaelic signs when they come [lol]

Kenn
03-Dec-08, 22:21
1. for all those that have made me smile over the years another for those that have made me think, a whole lot of gongs for those that post the amazing photos,to those who have given an insight into the county and it's history a box full but most of all , The Grand Order of Caithness to those wonderful folk who make our visits so special , many of whom will remain friends for life.

cuddlepop
03-Dec-08, 22:22
[quote=Alice in Blunderland;466291]Well when I read this I thought of Fran.

This has been a tough time for Fran but she has kept on going and still helping others at the same time. :)

Snap,thats the first person on the Org that I thought off.
Fran is a truely amazing person that alwas puts others and animals in her thoughts first.

Off the Org,which is what i initially thought you meant,would be my little brother.

He was amazing organising mums funeral and all thats attached to it.
Such a sad,sad time for us all put he just kept it all together.:D

Kodiak
03-Dec-08, 22:30
I would give an award to Tugmistress for keeping her Weather Station and Web Page Running. At this time of year it makes my life a lot easier so she deserves an award.

AfternoonDelight
03-Dec-08, 22:52
Always making me laugh - Joxville

Straight to the point - Metalattakk or TBH

Making me feel most welcome - Wifie

Always has something to say - Hotrod4

Best detective - Blondie

Speaking up for the youth - rfr10

Most charitable - Fran

Best command of local dialect - Trix

:D

Alice in Blunderland
03-Dec-08, 23:24
Currently Reading - Confessions of a Peeping Tom by I. Sawyer Busch. :eek:

AfternoonDelight: well what can I say ......... for sailing close to the wind you definately get my vote for an award. :lol:

AfternoonDelight
03-Dec-08, 23:26
Currently Reading - Confessions of a Peeping Tom by I. Sawyer Busch. :eek:

AfternoonDelight: well what can I say ......... for sailing close to the wind you definately get my vote for an award. :lol:

[lol]................................

poppett
03-Dec-08, 23:36
Interesting thread as I am involved in a nomination for a Queen`s birthday honour at the moment. It is just in the early stages (six months) of decision making in London Cabinet Office, so if an award is to be made it will not be until next New Year honours list. Finding out information for them has been quite a task, but very enjoyable.

In respect of an org nomination it would have to be Fran. She helped keep my spirits up whilst OH was having surgery two years ago. Maybe someone will send away for the information pack and set the ball rolling for a real QBH for our Fran.

Tugmistress too would be a suitable nominee.

On a personal level Angela and Cuddlepop with their pm when things were really bad for me the last two years.

futurelegends
04-Dec-08, 23:52
Well when I read this I thought of Fran.

Next person would obviously be Weeboyagee cause I want a great big chrissie present from him no other reason and thats the honest truth or maybe he can help me translate the Gaelic signs when they come [lol]

Forgive my ignorance Who's Fran and what does she do?

Alice in Blunderland
05-Dec-08, 00:07
Fran is a lovely lady who posts on the org and has done for quite sometime.

She has had it rough this last while. :(

She has been helping to start up a cancer support group and has a great deal of kindness to offer to many.:)

You will quite often see her posting about fundraising events good offers and much much more and has always remembered my birthday ;) ( thanks Fran )

If I can remember she did recieve an award localy about a year or two ago but cant remember what for but it was on the org.

Hope this helps.

And Im sure she will be totaly embarassed by this.....

Fran
09-Dec-08, 04:23
Aaahhh.............Thankyou for your comments, so nice and really brightened up my day.
I would recommend all the volunteer crew of lifeboats who go out in all sorts of weather, not knowing what to expect, to rescue people.

Alice, the award was the Fairy helping hands award on 19th january 2007!!!!!!

dirdyweeker
14-Jan-09, 20:10
Forgive my ignorance Who's Fran and what does she do?
found this and tought I would reply as it will mean something. "Fran" was the 1st presenter on Radio Remedy!

hotrod4
14-Jan-09, 21:46
I would have to nominate Scorrie for putting up with me on all our little spats!!!. i used to love getting my teeth into an "argument" with him and he always comes back with something that makes my blood boil!!! Obviously the sign of a good (better be careful with this one ;)) debator.
He doesnt post as much as usual and some times we have actually agreed.
Melancholy man as well for his way above my intellectual head postings. i used to need a dictionary just to understand what he was on about it!!!:lol:

Overall there are loads of good posters who do things in their own little way,some you agree with some you dont but thats what makes a forum,a wide variety and mix of people.