PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree Prices

Cattach
03-Dec-08, 13:16
Christmas Tree Prices I checked this morning –

In centre of town in Thurso any size of tree, no stand - £12

In Thurso Tesco carpark 6 foot tree no stand - £20

Big difference! And trees looked much the same quality.

anneoctober
03-Dec-08, 13:42
I'll be digging oot e fake one that my OH made me buy 2 years ago [evil] I hate the flaming thing !![disgust]

telfordstar
03-Dec-08, 14:59
My heavens what a price for a real tree in with you anneoctober ill be taking my artificial one out again.

honey
03-Dec-08, 15:10
i bought a new artificial tree this year (had the last 1 for 8 years!!) i got a white pre-lit one this year for £25, and decorated it in my usual blue and silver colour scheme.

even if i do say so myself, im quite chuffed with the finished result!

kitty kat
03-Dec-08, 15:12
me to i will be sticking to the artificial one i bought last year what a price difference for an extra £8 i hope they deliver:lol:

Angela
03-Dec-08, 15:13
i bought a new artificial tree this year (had the last 1 for 8 years!!) i got a white pre-lit one this year for £25, and decorated it in my usual blue and silver colour scheme.

even if i do say so myself, im quite chuffed with the finished result!

honey, can I ask where you got your tree from and what size it is?

Sounds just what I'm looking for.:)

footie chick
03-Dec-08, 15:21
Caithness rubgy club are doing trees again this year £15.00 per tree delivered.

honey
03-Dec-08, 16:06
honey, can I ask where you got your tree from and what size it is?

Sounds just what I'm looking for.:)

I got mine from ASDA. they do black ones as well that are lovely. Not sure if they do them online though..

Angela
03-Dec-08, 16:11
I got mine from ASDA. they do black ones as well that are lovely. Not sure if they do them online though..

Thanks, honey.:)

I'll check online, but failing that there's a big Asda very close to where my son lives..... :)

honey
03-Dec-08, 16:26
Thanks, honey.:)

I'll check online, but failing that there's a big Asda very close to where my son lives.....

you should be in luck then. the trees dont actually look that nice in the shop, but they are lovely done up with the lights on :D

Thumper
03-Dec-08, 16:37
I love a real tree but gave up on them in 2001 after years off fighting with my (then) hubby about putting it up! I bought an artificial one from HIS in Inverness,it cost about £120 I think but well worth it as it still looks good as new and also looks very real!x

alanatkie
03-Dec-08, 16:55
I would be happy with an artificial tree but OH always wins with a real tree.
We got our tree from outside tescos in Thurso last year it came with a stand (chunk of log with hole cut out in middleto fit trunk) & it cost £25 with free delivery:eek:

emszxr
03-Dec-08, 17:18
has to be real every year and we chop it ourselves so dont cost a penny.

Billy Boy
03-Dec-08, 17:22
I would be happy with an artificial tree but OH always wins with a real tree.
We got our tree from outside tescos in Thurso last year it came with a stand (chunk of log with hole cut out in middleto fit trunk) & it cost £25 with free delivery:eek:

I could do you a tree cheaper than that lol,with free delivery, Would have to drop it off at 2,00am [para] just that i am very busy at this time of year .......[lol]

muffin
03-Dec-08, 18:04
I've always had a real tree but bought one with proper roots, always started with a small one and kept it in a tub, prune the tip to stop it getting straggly, after a few years I plant it out in the garden and start again, that way I enjoy them all year round, unfortunately I have just had to start again as the last one was just too big when we moved up here so my new one is only a foot tall, will last me for years and no damage to the environment from either using plastic or chopping down a tree.

sweetpea
03-Dec-08, 18:55
I'm planning a real one in a pot but haven't seen any apart from scabby looking ones in Homebase.

floyed
03-Dec-08, 22:41
I have a real tree every year, love the smell of them. Tho not to keen on all the needles that it leaves behind, and still finding them in the summer time.:lol:

When do the coop wick start selling trees?? does anyone know?? I normally get mine from there.

Dadie
03-Dec-08, 22:50
Has anyone noticed if there are any of the trees with little needles around..
they look better i think but shed more!!

Average
03-Dec-08, 23:42
I was looking today. £30 for a 6' Nordman fir.

A9RUNNER
04-Dec-08, 05:27
I like a real tree but cannot be bothered with all the hassle of one. It is easier to get the tree out of the loft. The amount of baubles tinsel and lights on it it is difficult to see if its a real tree or not. I must admit I do like the smell of a real tree.

dakud007
04-Dec-08, 16:50
that s what i got, i had artificial one for 3yrs, it s easy and saves money:D

wndyndy
04-Dec-08, 16:58
we always use a real christmas tree, but this yr, we will try an artificial tree instead. i think it is very good idea to use an artificial, saves people cutting more trees and keeping us alittle bit extra money

stekar
04-Dec-08, 17:37
Why don't they ever put the prices on show?