PDA

View Full Version : The new VAT rate

theone
02-Dec-08, 00:25
I have just been reliably informed that Poundland in Aberdeen have not reduced their prices in line with the new VAT rate.

The scoundrels!

:lol:

Kodiak
02-Dec-08, 00:35
People who live in Aberdeen might be concerned, but since I live in thurso and have no intention just to drive all the way down to Aberdeen to Poundland, I am Not in the least interested or concerned.

ABC
02-Dec-08, 00:41
People who live in Aberdeen might be concerned, but since I live in thurso and have no intention just to drive all the way down to Aberdeen to Poundland, I am Not in the least interested or concerned. :roll:

How rude are some people?

I don't think that the shops have to reduce their prices as long as the adjust the VAT figure to suit the new rate.

Venture
02-Dec-08, 00:45
People who live in Aberdeen might be concerned, but since I live in thurso and have no intention just to drive all the way down to Aberdeen to Poundland, I am Not in the least interested or concerned.

So why bother replying to the post then.:confused

Tescos in Wick were certainly using the new rate today, even in the cafe.

wifie
02-Dec-08, 01:02
Methinks chaps that theone is takin the Michael somewhat - cos it is a pound shop! ;)

theone
02-Dec-08, 01:07
Methinks chaps that theone is takin the Michael somewhat - cos it is a pound shop! ;)

Thank you.

My attempt at humour was lost.

I bet the 99p items in Caithness aren't 97p yet though.

changilass
02-Dec-08, 01:18
Thank you.

My attempt at humour was lost.

I bet the 99p items in Caithness aren't 97p yet though.

No cos when they used the new vat rate they put the prices up cos they didnt want to get done under the trades description act, and they couldnt afford to change the shop signs.

wifie
02-Dec-08, 01:35
No cos when they used the new vat rate they put the prices up cos they didnt want to get done under the trades description act, and they couldnt afford to change the shop signs.

[lol] Such humour on the org! [lol]

Beat Bug
03-Dec-08, 02:06
Shops and other businesses that don't reduce their prices are just going to make bigger profits![evil]

Metalattakk
03-Dec-08, 02:14
Shops and other businesses that don't reduce their prices are just going to make bigger profits![evil]
And what's wrong with that?

More profits = higher wages and better conditions for the employees.

Or can I take 'obtuse' to new levels? :D

helenwyler
03-Dec-08, 09:22
Or can I take 'obtuse' to new levels? :D

There's nothing 'obtuse' about BB's observation. You can, however, take gratuitous insults 'to new levels', and often do! :D

Kevin Milkins
03-Dec-08, 09:37
I would have thought it's a right pain in the backside for a lot of busineses
to have to alter there systems to a new vat levy.:mad:

I know the wholsaler I used to work for had to buy his invoices by the pallet to enable them to get a good price and all of them would have a vat collum at 17.5%.:eek:

Sapphire2803
03-Dec-08, 11:29
The biggest pain in the backside was for any business trading overnight on Sunday. They had to decide when to change it during business hours. :lol:

Bless 'em